Sonic Zone News! (Issue 1)

Started by Rulep, August 04, 2009, 04:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulep

Sonic Zone News!

Issue 1: A New Summer A New Zone!

Hello all of Sonic Zone, today I'll be your host for this month's news, "July".Today I will interview members, what's new in this site, topic of the month and a whole lot more!  So let's start reading! (Lastly to all users who say this first, i added a little add-on! Everyone who posted Dracoslythe and before!)

Whats New on This Site!?
Well we had lot of new stuff this July and maybe the best of Sonic Zone yet! Well first we have a new section called "Special VIP!" (SVIP) But it requires you to be active and make 200 positive posts or be nice enough to donate min of $20.  But after that you will find all these downloads of great programs all the way to games and maybe even better. Here's the list of stuff you can download there.

- Project Chaos Soundtrack (Music)
- MagicISO Maker (Software)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 (PC Games)
- LimeWire PRO 5.2.8 (Software)
- Windows XP Professional SP2 (Operating Systems)
- Adobe Flash CS4 (Software)

Don't get all sad yet! There is still more coming out, be strong!
This was hard to setup, I can bet on that. It took $400.00 to make!  So let's thank who ever donated! Especial TeamDark he really cares about this forum, I bet it would take even longer if he didn't donate! So thanks TeamDark!

Response!

Rulep:   Hey TeamDark, welcome to the Sonic Zone News, how are felling now?!

TeamDark:  im doing fine!

Rulep:  Ok good, good!

Rulep: The real question is, what made you donate that amount of money to this great Zone?!

TeamDark: about $400.00 and over!

Rulep: Hmm, interesting!

Rulep: You must really like this place, right!

TeamDark: are you kidding me? I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

Rulep: Cool, amazing, nice!

Rulep: Thanks for your time!

The Site It Changed, With Lot Of Hits!
Well SVIP not the only cool thing that happened here! The main site got upgraded to V 9.   Personally I think that's the best model John Gillis made yet. The design is very amazing, everything is organized and everything else is amazing! Thanks to that, this site more members and much more views. This is our current progress.
We have over 7000 members, this forum has lot of members which means this Zone have lot of post's over 120,000 and finally we over  2,700,000  page views.
For this month's progress we got members, posts and page views!  Wow that's an amazing amount! Anyways this is the best Sonic Fan Site I seen! This Zone has rapid posts, people joining and whole lot more!  That is just amazing! Anyways I'll get to topic and members within this Zone! I'll start with the top poster ever, since most people like having the most posts makes them feel the best and have lot of power so yeah.  Windlessusher is our top poster ever! Though I think he posts the most at "Off-Topic/Spam."  Off-Topic/Spam is seems to be the most posted board for the record. Which has the most posted topic named "GET OFF TOPIC...THE GRAND RE OPENING 8D!  Dis zzz hooo arf pick hit e gesse!!!!!! (This is how of topic it can get!) ?-------- (Translation to :Dis zzz hooo arf pick hit e gesse!!!!!!!)
Well that's all for forum section of this news. Wait i can't forgot doing an interview before heading to the last section of this news. Since we're basically just talking about the forum! Just give it up for John Gillis!

Interview with John Gillis!
                                                                                                                (Pending!)
Rulep: Hey John, how are you today!

John Gillis: insert here!

Rulep: Ok.

Rulep:  But I have a very important question, how does feel to be the Admin, the Maker of Sonic Zone such a popular area in the Internet?!

Rulep: Interesting.

Rulep: But what made you make this site!?

John Gillis: in insert here!

Rulep: Just one last question!

Rulep: What do you think of your site?

Rulep: Mhm?

All of Sonic Zone, that was John Gillis!

Fun Section!
Hey everyone this is the fun section where lot of fun thing can happen! So have fun and read lot of stuff could happen here!

Let's start with gossip!!!
Well for a while this very crazy rumor was going around!
Quote from: m3gam0nk3ys on June 29, 2009, 09:06:52 PM
I heard from a friend that sega is going down sooner or later. Is that true or False???
Oh no can it possibly go down!!! Ahhh my head is spinning! Don't worry I'll ask some people!

Interview with the Crazy Members of Sonic Zone!
Member 1!
Rulep: Hi do you think Sega is going down?
Quote from: lynchy on June 30, 2009, 03:12:57 AM
They better not go down or im gonna lose it!
bt lets pray they dont!
Rulep: Thanks.......
Member 2!
Rulep: What do you think?!
Quote from: blazerh44 on June 30, 2009, 05:41:27 AM
SEGA has slowly been going down, but they're still holding on for dear life. Rumors have it that SEGA will sell themselves to Nintendo (More Mario and Sonic compilation games yay!) but we don't know this for sure yet
Rulep: Meh your right, what do you know.
Member 3!
Rulep: Do you know anything official regarding this?
Quote from: Christian Cage on July 20, 2009, 03:47:17 PM
Just one of those rumors that scare the ass out of you , SEGA has  more load of stuff other than sonic lol
Rulep: Not the answerer I was looking for.....
Member 4!
Rulep: Can you answer that question?
Quote from: RainbowBeautyRocks on July 27, 2009, 11:09:25 AM
YA!!!!! IM WITH CHAOSMASTER!!!! SEGA DONT DIE!!! ;D
Member 5!
Rulep: Whatever, just say whatever you want, I give up!
Quote from: RainbowBeautyRocks on July 29, 2009, 07:00:31 AM
THEY GONNA MAKE MARIO HEROS!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! OR WORSE!!!!!! SUPER SONIC WORLD!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! OR MARIO ADVENTURE 2 BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR SUPER SONIC SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR EVEN WORSE!!!!!!!!!! MARIO NEXT GEN!!!!!!!!!!!11 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Rulep: Wow thanks.....
Ok let's just end that gossip, it's scary at times! Well lets move on further on the Fun Section!

Now time for 1 important news regarding Sonic!

Should There Only Be 3-D or 2-D Sonic Games, Why?!
Hi so many people are really talking about 3-D and 2-D Sonic Games. Like some people hate, 3-D or 2-D, there's problems with 3-D one's, etc! Anyways I check some other Sonic Fan site's and topic's and some Old Sonic Fan's is really disappointed that Sega could make the 3-D games better. I agree with them, Sega are starting to get lazy of making Perfect Game's ever since they found how long and hard it could make a perfect 3-D Sonic Game!  Anyways, here is an important question to all Sonic Fan's out there! Most people should know that Sonic games were more popular at the time of the 2-D ones for Sega Genesis! But the 3-D ones aren't popular as much as the 2-D ones. So here's where you answer my question!
If you won some sort of Sega Contest and can change how the gameplay work's what would it be?

A.   Let's just keep it the same!
B.   More like a Legend Of Zelda and Mario game but not slow.
C.   Make it Puzzle, Platforming and action game.
D.   Or just a pure Action and Adventure game with some puzzles with the story focusing on 1 thing.
E.   I want to be a Rpg, Action/Adventure game!
F.   Other and I will tell you!

Well I would choose B! More like a Legend Of Zelda and Mario Game. Kindy mixed with D!  So more like Legend Of Zelda Adventure where you can get awesome abilities mixed with a pure action and Mario thing! Now it becomes, a game like God Of War but for kids! XD

Well I want to see what you guys have to say!

Sonic Zone Art of the Month: Best Sonic Art!
Well I thought this would be fun! Let's hand out 6 of my awards today! The one and only Sonic Zone News Trophies!

Ok this is how it's going to work! First, of course there will be 3 trophies, Bronze, Silver and Gold. But the only thing that is puzzling your mind is, I mentioned about 6 trophies and revealed only 3 you say? Well that's a good question! I will give out 3 trophies all 3 colors, so as you! Everyone is going to vote which one that like the best! By simpling picking a topic or telling us the post! Just tell it in your post where we can all find it! Ok let's start my judgment then yours!

The Art JudgeMent!
Rulep: I've seen so many great art's but the awards go to!

Gold: Sonic Fan Art?Page 2 (Dracoslythe Art of Sonic and Mario Olympics games!) I really found it nice, perfect everything with enough amount details and right color selections! Awesome Job!

Silver: Sonic Fan Art-> Page 14 (SonicFan47 Art of V.S)
It's just very awesome with all the character perfect shading and Word Design, just awesome! Great Job Man!

Bronze: Sonic Fan Art->Page 6 (Rivaldragonic Art of Sonic!)
Well I picked this because it's very awesome and original. That's why
Good Job!

Sonic Zone People: (Got until August 12th to vote!)

Gold: pending...

Silver: pending...

Bronze pending...

Video of the Month!
Here's a video that tells about the new epic game upcoming to Wii next year roughly! (Funny!) Author: Dekuscrubby!
                                                                                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLoqGG_VwA&feature=channel

Fan Game of the Month!
Well today i present the Fan Game of the Month, Legend Of Zelda Twlight Princess 3-D pc game! I know i posted this a your maybe think im trying to take credit to think im the best or something like that?! Well no then! I really loved this when i say it, can it leave to a completely new game?! Well here is some thing i can say! It is a full rip of Legend Of Zelda Twlight Princess the texture, graphics and soon gameplay! This has a chance of becoming a great hit if he countinues to work on it. But wait i forgot to mention him! Well here is info!

Author "Edlucas1988." Is making this amazing fan made game. But there's is a demo out! (You can find it a the bottom of this articles.) He is still working on with 3-D Gamestudio and C++. It's still up to date, let me show you a video and authors blog! It going to be epic!

Blog: http://www.freewebs.com/ed1988/blog.htm

Download: *Sorry there was a download but has been removed. D:*

Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8POia_qX6g&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsonicroms%2Enet%2FSRForums%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D8028%2E0&feature=player_embedded

Game Music: of the Month!
Well i've seen much but i only like the best! So i will present John Gillis..... Never mind he is not here at the moment im very sorry about that. Anyways this guy is very good on playing or making as he calls it, on his piano! So welcome Joh..... Wait i already said that >.>. Whatever just watch the video music and enjoy. Lastly im very impsired by his great work and it's very amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYEwUnrCnWQ&feature=channel

User's Review
                                                                                                                    (pending)

Help and Support! (Read before posting!)

Help!
1.   Don't take the gossip section serious it's only a joke I don't their weird!

2.   Do whine that you didn't get picked for the contest or you're not in
     this if I don't choose you don't whine about here please!

3.   Don't say the interviews were fake because it was really real!

Support!

If you care about this then please very please, see this topic!!!!!
http://sonicroms.net/SRForums/index.php?topic=8932.msg163630#new

Hey there if you would like to join me making the August one then     
         Either say in your post or pm me!
If you have any suggestion then the same tell me via pm or say in your post!

Ending!
I hope all of you enjoyed reading this and looking forward to the next 1. I was happy to make this topic and great news for everyone! Enjoy the rest of your Summer people!

Next issue! Sonic Zone News, Issue 2: The Summer End's in Sonic Zone!
Rulep: do you ever fall in love with yourself
Captain Nook: for me, there could never be anyone else.
Captain Nook: I've spent hours looking in the mirror.

SonicFan47

Nifty!
This should have it's own section!
Awesome concept, and great work with the interviews and articles!
I loled at your interview with John.
Very Well done!
+1!
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

JetTheHawk

Quote from: Rulep on August 04, 2009, 04:07:52 PM
                                                                                                     Sonic Zone News!

Issue 1: A New Summer A New Zone!

Hello all of Sonic Zone, today I'll be your host for this month's news, "July".Today I will interview members, what's new in this site, topic of the month and a whole lot more!  So let's start reading!

Whats New on This Site!?
Well we had lot of new stuff this July and maybe the best of Sonic Zone yet! Well first we have a new section called "Special VIP!" (SVIP) But it requires you to be active and make 200 positive posts or be nice enough to donate min of $20.  But after that you will find all these downloads of great programs all the way to games and maybe even better. Here's the list of stuff you can download there.

- Project Chaos Soundtrack (Music)
- MagicISO Maker (Software)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 (PC Games)
- LimeWire PRO 5.2.8 (Software)
- Windows XP Professional SP2 (Operating Systems)
- Adobe Flash CS4 (Software)

Don't get all sad yet! There is still more coming out, be strong!
This was hard to setup, I can bet on that. It took $400.00 to make!  So let's thank who ever donated! Especial TeamDark he really cares about this forum, I bet it would take even longer if he didn't donate! So thanks TeamDark!

Response!

Rulep:   Hey TeamDark, welcome to the Sonic Zone News, how are felling now?!

TeamDark:  im doing fine!

Rulep:  Ok good, good!

Rulep: The real question is, what made you donate that amount of money to this great Zone?!

TeamDark: about $400.00 and over!

Rulep: Hmm, interesting!

Rulep: You must really like this place, right!

TeamDark: are you kidding me? I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

Rulep: Cool, amazing, nice!

The Site It Changed, With Lot Of Hits!
Well SVIP not the only cool thing that happened here! The main site got upgraded to V 9.   Personally I think that's the best model John Gillis made yet. The design is very amazing, everything is organized and everything else is amazing! Thanks to that, this site more members and much more views. This is our current progress.
We have over 7000 members, this forum has lot of members which means this Zone have lot of post's over 120,000 and finally we over  2,700,000  page views.
For this month's progress we got members, posts and page views!  Wow that's an amazing amount! Anyways this is the best Sonic Fan Site I seen! This Zone has rapid posts, people joining and whole lot more!  That is just amazing! Anyways I'll get to topic and members within this Zone! I'll start with the top poster ever, since most people like having the most posts makes them feel the best and have lot of power so yeah.  Windlessusher is our top poster ever! Though I think he posts the most at "Off-Topic/Spam."  Off-Topic/Spam is seems to be the most posted board for the record. Which has the most posted topic named "GET OFF TOPIC...THE GRAND RE OPENING 8D!  Dis zzz hooo arf pick hit e gesse!!!!!! (This is how of topic it can get!) ?-------- (Translation to :Dis zzz hooo arf pick hit e gesse!!!!!!!)
Well that's all for forum section of this news. Wait i can't forgot doing an interview before heading to the last section of this news. Since we're basically just talking about the forum! Just give it up for John Gillis!

Interview with John Gillis!
                                                                                                                (Pending!)
Rulep: Hey John, how are you today!

Rulep:  But I have a very important question, how does feel to be the Admin, the Maker of Sonic Zone such a popular area in the Internet?!

Rulep: Interesting.

Rulep: But what made you make this site!?

John Gillis: in insert here!

Rulep: Just one last question!

Rulep: What do you think of your site?

Rulep: Mhm?

All of Sonic Zone, that was John Gillis!

Fun Section!
Hey everyone this is the fun section where lot of fun thing can happen! So have fun and read lot of stuff could happen here!

Let's start with gossip!!!
Well for a while this very crazy rumor was going around!Oh no can it possibly go down!!! Ahhh my head is spinning! Don't worry I'll ask some people!

Interview with the Crazy Members of Sonic Zone!
Member 1!
Rulep: Hi do you think Sega is going down?Rulep: Thanks.......
Member 2!
Rulep: What do you think?!Rulep: Meh your right, what do you know.
Member 3!
Rulep: Do you know anything official regarding this?Rulep: Not the answerer I was looking for.....
Member 4!
Rulep: Can you answer that question?Member 5!
Rulep: Whatever, just say whatever you want, I give up!Rulep: Wow thanks.....
Ok let's just end that gossip, it's scary at times! Well lets move on further on the Fun Section!

Now time for 1 important news regarding Sonic!

Should There Only Be 3-D or 2-D Sonic Games, Why?!
Hi so many people are really talking about 3-D and 2-D Sonic Games. Like some people hate, 3-D or 2-D, there's problems with 3-D one's, etc! Anyways I check some other Sonic Fan site's and topic's and some Old Sonic Fan's is really disappointed that Sega could make the 3-D games better. I agree with them, Sega are starting to get lazy of making Perfect Game's ever since they found how long and hard it could make a perfect 3-D Sonic Game!  Anyways, here is an important question to all Sonic Fan's out there! Most people should know that Sonic games were more popular at the time of the 2-D ones for Sega Genesis! But the 3-D ones aren't popular as much as the 2-D ones. So here's where you answer my question!
If you won some sort of Sega Contest and can change how the gameplay work's what would it be?

A.   Let's just keep it the same!
B.   More like a Legend Of Zelda and Mario game but not slow.
C.   Make it Puzzle, Platforming and action game.
D.   Or just a pure Action and Adventure game with some puzzles with the story focusing on 1 thing.
E.   I want to be a Rpg, Action/Adventure game!
F.   Other and I will tell you!

Well I would choose B! More like a Legend Of Zelda and Mario Game. Kindy mixed with D!  So more like Legend Of Zelda Adventure where you can get awesome abilities mixed with a pure action and Mario thing! Now it becomes, a game like God Of War but for kids! XD

Well I want to see what you guys have to say!

Sonic Zone Art of the Month: Best Sonic Art!
Well I thought this would be fun! Let's hand out 6 of my awards today! The one and only Sonic Zone News Trophies!

Ok this is how it's going to work! First, of course there will be 3 trophies, Bronze, Silver and Gold. But the only thing that is puzzling your mind is, I mentioned about 6 trophies and revealed only 3 you say? Well that's a good question! I will give out 3 trophies all 3 colors, so as you! Everyone is going to vote which one that like the best! By simpling picking a topic or telling us the post! Just tell it in your post where we can all find it! Ok let's start my judgment then yours!

The Art JudgeMent!
Rulep: I've seen so many great art's but the awards go to!

Gold: Sonic Fan Art?Page 2 (Dracoslythe Art of Sonic and Mario Olympics games!) I really found it nice, perfect everything with enough amount details and right color selections! Awesome Job!

Silver: Sonic Fan Art-> Page 14 (SonicFan47 Art of V.S)
It's just very awesome with all the character perfect shading and Word Design, just awesome! Great Job Man!

Bronze: Sonic Fan Art->Page 6 (Rivaldragonic Art of Sonic!)
Well I picked this because it's very awesome and original. That's why
Good Job!

Sonic Zone People: (Got until August 12th to vote!)

Gold: pending...

Silver: pending...

Bronze pending...

User's Review
                                                                                                                    (pending)

Help and Support! (Read before posting!)

Help!
1.   Don't take the gossip section serious it's only a joke I don't their weird!

2.   Do whine that you didn't get picked for the contest or you're not in
     this if I don't choose you don't whine about here please!

3.   Don't say the interviews were fake because it was really real!

Support!

Hey there if you would like to join me making the August one then     
         Either say in your post or pm me!
If you have any suggestion then the same tell me via pm or say in your post!

Ending!
I hope all of you enjoyed reading this and looking forward to the next 1. I was happy to make this topic and great news for everyone! Enjoy the rest of your Summer people!

Next issue! Sonic Zone News, Issue 2: The Summer End's in Sonic Zone!

lol nice but when you say team dark put "Shadow unleashed, the member that was supposed to be banned" :D

seriously.... but anyways great job!
NO SIGNATURE

SonicFan47

Quote from: JetTheHawk on August 04, 2009, 04:32:11 PM
lol nice but when you say team dark put "Shadow unleashed, the member that was supposed to be banned" :D

Wait, so you hate Team Dark now?
Sig attempt #7!

Rulep

Quote from: JetTheHawk on August 04, 2009, 04:32:11 PM

What do you mean?

Elija2

Nice job! You clearly put your time into it. Is this gonna be a monthly or bi-monthly thing or whatever? This should be official! +1

Dracoslythe

It should.  I can ask John next time I see him online about making an official sub-form for it.  :3

Great writings.  8D
It's evident that you took your time with it, and it's very well though out.
I lol'd at the interviews.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Skyle369

JetTheHawk

Quote from: SonicFan47 on August 04, 2009, 04:43:09 PM
Wait, so you hate Team Dark now?
yes, i hate shadow unleashed

Quote from: Rulep on August 04, 2009, 04:45:18 PM
What do you mean?
agh teamdark = shadow unleashed = dumbass who was supposed to be banned

that asshole tricked me >.>
NO SIGNATURE

ChaosDazer

Very good.

If there was a sub-sonic then it would be awesome, and if they're were jobs for it I could be another interviewer XD
witty sig caption

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

Rulep

Im glad everyone likes this!  ;D  If you liked this then visit this topic. http://sonicroms.net/SRForums/index.php?topic=8932.msg163630#new

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Rulep on August 05, 2009, 12:55:04 PM
Im glad everyone likes this!  ;D  If you liked this then visit this topic. http://sonicroms.net/SRForums/index.php?topic=8932.msg163630#new

Please, everyone go there and rally for an amazing cause! :D

Hakudamashi

Quote from: JetTheHawk on August 05, 2009, 05:08:58 AM
yes, i hate shadow unleashed
agh teamdark = shadow unleashed = dumbass who was supposed to be banned

that asshole tricked me >.>
omg let it go
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NiGHTS

Quote from: Windlessusher on August 05, 2009, 07:16:10 PM
omg let it go

inorite?

but hell never let it lie @.@

back on teh topic

ossumly ossum news thingy should defo keep it going ~

blazerh44

I'm glad I could be a part of this news article. I can't wait for Issue #2!

SonicFan47

I fail.
Upon more closely examining the Art section, I realize that not only am I in there, I got silver!
Wow! Thanks, Rulep! :D
Sig attempt #7!

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: SonicFan47 on August 06, 2009, 05:21:48 PM
I fail.
Upon more closely examining the Art section, I realize that not only am I in there, I got silver!
Wow! Thanks, Rulep! :D

Hey, just be lucky you got silver. ;)

I like the weekly "Gold, Silver & Bronze" things by the way...

SonicFan47

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on August 06, 2009, 05:36:05 PM
Hey, just got lucky you got silver. ;)
I know.
There's art in there that's TONS better than mine!
Sig attempt #7!

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: SonicFan47 on August 06, 2009, 05:39:45 PM
I know.
There's art in there that's TONS better than mine!

Well that doesn't include me! XD

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Phoenix on August 07, 2009, 06:21:29 AM
LOL at John's interview!

John sometimes has quirky conversations with people! XD