Doctor Who Series 7

Started by TheGameNinja, September 01, 2012, 03:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE

First off, who's watching this season? I got into Who over the summer so this is the first season I'm getting to see as it airs. :P

Asylum of the Daleks... I liked most of the episode, but the ending... the Daleks have all forgotten about the Doctor. I really don't know how I feel about that. And I'm not sure why they introduced Rory and Amy having split up if they were just going to resolve it in the first episode, seems like a waste. But the rest of the episode was great. The production values were fantastic.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship was great.

Jordan teh Echidna

My first aired series was Christopher. I hate the people who watch Matt first and instantly think they're Doctor Who know-it-alls, and how he's the best.
People say David Tennant likers are fan girls, but I prefer him anyday and I'm no fan girl o-o
Asylum of the Daleks was good, but did you watch Pond life?

Dinosaurs on a spaceship was great! Because it wasn't written by Moffat.
Though, the ending was a bit out of character.
Pesterchum = sirJayden

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Jordan teh Echidna on September 08, 2012, 10:38:02 PM
My first aired series was Christopher. I hate the people who watch Matt first and instantly think they're Doctor Who know-it-alls, and how he's the best.
People say David Tennant likers are fan girls, but I prefer him anyday and I'm no fan girl o-o
Asylum of the Daleks was good, but did you watch Pond life?

Dinosaurs on a spaceship was great! Because it wasn't written by Moffat.
Though, the ending was a bit out of character.

I didn't watch Pond Life, but I hear it explained more about them splitting up or something. I should probably watch it... and yeah, the Doctor leaving leaving that guy to die was weird.

TheGameNinja

A Town Called Mercy was good. This season's trend of the Doctor being more harsh was kept up. Wonder where they're going with that...

The Power of Three was good too. But the ending was a bit odd seeing as the next episode is the last one with the Ponds as the companions. I think this episode should have been the first of the season. Or second, I guess, since Asylum dealt with the Ponds' getting back together.

Jordan teh Echidna

The Doctor Grump!

Well, I really liked A Town Called Mercy, but it recieved a lot of negative reviews mainly for the same reason as mine, being: The Doctor was incredibly out-of-character.
He may have been dark before, but why did he get so angry at this guy so easily? I hope no more of this comes about unless there's an awesome explanation at the ending.

The power of Three...
This only strengthens the one thing I hate for the series' with Matt Smith. They are focusing WAY to much on the Ponds, and the Doctor is like, the side-story.
It's called Doctor Who! It's not a Soap Opera for companions.
This episode could have been made much better on the alien ship had Steven Moff-twat not decided to stop the two-parters. They're trying to squeeze good stories into one episode!
Just do what RTD did, and make one at the end of the series.
Not loads, not none, one.

Thankyou~
Pesterchum = sirJayden

TheGameNinja

I liked The Angels Take Manhattan. But why do they feel like they have to write the companions into situations they can never get out of? Just so that whole Rose thing doesn't happen again?

I might have liked to see this as a two-parter. Just to draw the ending out a bit.

Also, I hate River Song.

That's all til Christmas!

Jordan teh Echidna

I liked this one =3

It was nice to see the companions go after so long, but it was very sad D:
Of course, if they didn't go, the doctor would just eventually keep following them, unlike previous ones (The exception being Rose).
One thing wrong, the size of the Angel of Liberty x3
Yeah, this should have been a two-parter.
Fuck you Moffat >:C
Pesterchum = sirJayden