What are you currently playing?

Started by Hakudamashi, July 07, 2015, 11:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

That's right, I made a topic for ya'll to blog about any noteworthy adventure you encounter along any video game you are currently playing through, or talk about your experience with a game you just finished.

I just finished The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD, which is a huge improvement over the Gamecube game, by a lot. If I have one complaint about it, it's that you can only get the Swift Sail via the auction house, which is random, and putting up with RNG is never fun.

I also just finished Kingdom Hearts Reverse/Rebirth. It surely made me appreciate Sora's side a lot more what with having my cards broken all the goddamn time, but after I got the point that the emphasis was more on breaking cards, things got more manageable.
I never got an explanation to Riku's blindfold and that bothers me.

I dropped Metroid Prime Hunters cause I'm bad at it and I lack the motivation or the patience to git gud at it, so I picked up Trace Memory instead, and so far, it's really killin my bottom screen, if I didn't have a screen protector on this thing I dunno what I'd do!
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

I hope you are aware you can trap yourself and have a dead game in Underworld in a certain area.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Went back to playing Earthbound after I finished Wind Waker.

Game's pretty harsh.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

I am back at playing trough Megaman Legends 2, I can't believe I've finished the original like n times but I have not finished the second one in the 3 years since I've started it. I'm now near the end. I know Megaman's origin now and found out something strange about the humans in the game, which I think is pretty much the reason why their technology is so old considering the game takes place millions of years after ZX.

Hakudamashi

Playing through White Knight Chronicles in White Knight Chronicles 2

I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't just repackaged the game, they went in a changed things that I had problems with, like making the time bar load faster, giving each enemy definable weak points, and clear indication when you're using an attack they're weak against, and most importantly, the White Knight can heal itself.

Cause in the original, The White Knight had to use healing items in the inventory of whoever transformed, which wouldn't have been a big deal, if the game didn't have these surprise scripted events where I have to use the White Knight to fight certain consecutive bosses, so if for whatever reason I understocked on healing items, I gotta go through potential gauntlets with a single health bar, and that wasn't pleasant.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

I started Dust:An Elysian Tail
Despite my gripes with that title for nitpicky reasons, It's a very pretty game with a tubular soundtrack, but the mechanics are simple, like, really simple, depending on how long this game is, things could get problematic for my interests.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Started and stopped a few things the past few days but Final Fantasy VI

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on July 13, 2015, 05:12:28 PM
Maybe you should have started the game on a harder difficulty if it's boring you already. Actually, does the game even have difficulty levels? I don't remember.
It has difficulty settings, and you can change it whenever you want without starting a new game.

And I said the mechanics were simple, not that I was bored. So if the game is only about 5-10 hours, then it'll be a blast, any longer than that, then the story better be the best thing ever.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Well, I finished Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus.
As far as Musou-styled beat-em-ups go, this one is prolly my favourite, for no other reason than cause it's easy to level up the characters, so by the time I'm forced to use a character, they'll be at a useful state so I won't be tearing my hair out trying to finish a mission.

unlikeacertainothergamewithpointyearedpeople.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Once you quit, you can never open the game up ever again.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

I started playing Bully, it's a pretty neat brawler (although I expected a less violent GTA-like game), aside from the minor lag here and there and the odd controls (I wish my controller worked with it because the keyboard and mouse don't do it justice), I really enjoyed it.
I also found the English patched version of Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth Prosecutor's Path and I love every second of it.

jkid101094

I'm playing Puzzle & Dragons. Since it's free you should all play and send me presents so I can get all the premium monsters. :P

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Elija2 on August 05, 2015, 08:42:11 AM
Wait, there's a complete English patch for that game? Shit, I need to get on that! Actually, I still haven't even played the first one.
I think it's pretty recent since when I finished the first game only two cases were translated.