Main Menu

This Cover, Holy Shit

Started by jkid101094, October 29, 2014, 01:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Both these covers are bit too simple...
Although I actually really dug the second one.

Thank You Teachers version sounded a bit amateurish.

Quote from: Elija2 on October 30, 2014, 08:44:18 AM
Nothing is factual, everything is subjective.

Earth's average gravity is 9.78 m/s². Fact.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on October 30, 2014, 08:44:18 AM
Nothing is factual, everything is subjective.
Heads up, Eli.
Anything that can be debated is not a fact.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 30, 2014, 09:07:04 AM
Heads up, Eli.
Anything that can be debated is not a fact.

Heads up, jkid. I'm not dumb.

I'm playing around with the fact that you think nothing can be objectively bad.

jkid101094

Because the concept of something being good or bad is based on opinion in the first place.

Someone could say Hitler was a good guy and no matter how far you delve into the statement you will never find a fact.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 30, 2014, 09:26:13 AM
Because the concept of something being good or bad is based on opinion in the first place.

Someone could say Hitler was a good guy and no matter how far you delve into the statement you will never find a fact.

Maybe if you live in a bubble.

Hitler orchestrated the genocide of millions of Jews. This is a fact and it is widely considered to be a bad thing. There are no compelling arguments that can argue against this. You still think that Hitler was not an objectively bad person.

Elija2

Yes, people think Hitler is bad.

shadowDOESrock

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on October 30, 2014, 10:48:15 AM
Hitler orchestrated the genocide of millions of Jews. This is a fact and it is widely considered to be a bad thing.
Once again, this is not a fact. Facts are indisputable, this is an opinion. The majority agreeing does not change a thing.

If I say, "This grain of rice is small." the majority would probably agree, but that doesn't change the fact that adjectives are subjective by nature. Whether it's comparatively or just via a person to person basis what constitutes as, "small" is something that fluctuates.

Quote from: Elija2 on October 30, 2014, 10:48:15 AM
There are no compelling arguments that can argue against this.
What exactly makes an argument compelling, then? Why is that the difference between right and wrong?
Something I've learned is that there is no black and white; there are only shades of grey. While someone could argue that anything is closer to either black or white, that doesn't change the fact that it isn't.

I will agree that Hitler did some pretty bad shit. I'm not a Nazi sympathizer in the least, but that doesn't change the fact that he most likely thought what he was doing was right and that his opinion on his actions are just as valid as yours.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 30, 2014, 11:34:04 AM
If I say, "This grain of rice is small." the majority would probably agree, but that doesn't change the fact that adjectives are subjective by nature. Whether it's comparatively or just via a person to person basis what constitutes as, "small" is something that fluctuates.

Okay, now you're just being pedantic.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on October 30, 2014, 11:47:17 AM
Okay, now you're just being pedantic.
No, I'm just trying to explain my point.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Once again, this is not a fact. Facts are indisputable, this is an opinion. The majority agreeing does not change a thing.

Using your logic nothing is indisputable. Is the sky blue? How do we know our eyes aren't playing tricks on us? What if my blue is different from your blue?

I will agree that Hitler did some pretty bad shit. I'm not a Nazi sympathizer in the least, but that doesn't change the fact that he most likely thought what he was doing was right and that his opinion on his actions are just as valid as yours.

Him thinking that his actions were right doesn't change the fact that they weren't.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on October 30, 2014, 12:18:03 PM
Using your logic nothing is indisputable. Is the sky blue? How do we know our eyes aren't playing tricks on us? What if my blue is different from your blue?
Those examples have nothing to do with what I said. Even if my blue was different from yours we could still identify it as blue.

Quote from: Elija2 on October 30, 2014, 12:18:03 PM
Him thinking that his actions were right doesn't change the fact that they weren't.
And who are you to say what's right and wrong?
That's the point I'm making. Right, Wrong, Good and Bad are all objectionable. I could believe sacrificing goats to Cthulhu to be the right thing to do and my opinion would be just as correct as anyone else'.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.