Show us your desktop

Started by Triple S3, June 06, 2009, 03:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 30, 2015, 06:20:31 PM
Yeah, and when you type "do a barrel roll" into Google it does a barrel roll. Must be a Star Fox advertisement.
Last time I checked you didn't go to www.arwing.com to search for it either.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 30, 2015, 06:20:31 PM
It's quicker than typing and clicking stuff. That's the utility of it. If you don't care about that, then it's useless.
It shouldn't be, which is my argument.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 30, 2015, 06:27:09 PM
It shouldn't be, which is my argument.

Why? Not every feature will be useful to everyone.

jkid101094

But what makes a good product is the idea of the most audiences having something they enjoy. I don't want a tool, I want a partner and someone who I can have fun with. These bots have so much unused potential to be so much bigger than they are but then they just...don't. As someone who pretty much lives for technology I think that's what bothers me the most.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 30, 2015, 06:37:05 PM
But what makes a good product is the idea of the most audiences having something they enjoy. I don't want a tool, I want a partner and someone who I can have fun with. These bots have so much unused potential to be so much bigger than they are but then they just...don't. As someone who pretty much lives for technology I think that's what bothers me the most.

Uhh... I don't think the technology is quite there yet for people to have full conversations with computers, but even if it were why the heck would you want to over another human being? And I think you're totally missing the point of what these personal assistants are supposed to be. They're supposed to be useful, not fun. People use them to get work done, not to have conversations with. So I'd say most audiences do enjoy Siri, Cortana, and Google Now because they do what people want them to do.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 30, 2015, 06:48:19 PM
Uhh... I don't think the technology is quite there yet for people to have full conversations with computers, but even if it were why the heck would you want to over another human being? And I think you're totally missing the point of what these personal assistants are supposed to be. They're supposed to be useful, not fun. People use them to get work done, not to have conversations with. So I'd say most audiences do enjoy Siri, Cortana, and Google Now because they do what people want them to do.
Then perhaps I'm just butthurt that the technology in the way I want it to be. I've often times thought of programming an AI myself but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

As for why I'd want them over a human? Because humans aren't always there when you need them. Simple, really.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 30, 2015, 06:55:16 PM
As for why I'd want them over a human? Because humans aren't always there when you need them. Simple, really.

Need them for what? Chatting about videogames or anything else? What's the point in chatting with a computer who doesn't actually care about anything? You might as well chat with your imagination.

jkid101094

Well we've been known to avoid seeing eye to eye at all costs so I'll cut this off-topic convo here.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

But now I have to know if you'd actually have a lengthy conversation with a computer about Pokemon or some other shit.

oggycather

Here is a pic of my desktop Lol.

Elija2

Quote from: oggycather on October 15, 2015, 07:02:26 PM
Here is a pic of my desktop Lol.

Uhh, wanna try that again there?

oggycather

Elija2

oggycather

Nope, Well I don't think so..

Elija2

Quote from: oggycather on October 15, 2015, 09:02:59 PM
Nope, Well I don't think so..

What about a picture of your desktop?

oggycather

Sonic and sega all stars racing transformed?