Sony Playstation Vita

Started by shadowDOESrock, January 28, 2011, 02:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

The NGP looks pretty darn powerful, but we've seen the best it can do already. Sure it beats the standard of any 2008 Console game, but imagine what the 3DS has in store for those developers who don't make use of the 3D? Just as good. And trust me, there will be potential-seeking devs.

The competition is tight, and what will win is the ability to compliment the hardware. 3D is passive and not a gimmick. The controls aren't overcrowded and the layout is tidy.
With the NGP, the touch screen may provide a new way of playing, but also having two analog sticks, and that huge screen, too, the touch screen will feel awkward and developers might not want to use it, apart from the occasional gimmick. There's also a GPS in there. I'm a gamer, I don't want a GPS. That's cash wasted. I can tell this is going to be a really expensive piece of kit, and at that, SONY likes to make people pay a lot.

So, gimmicky, expensive, awkward, crowded handheld? Or equally powerful, enjoyable, cheap, easy, clean handheld? 

I know I may be looking on to a work in progress, but with SONY, it's the same story all over again. It'll be good, but it wont be consistent. It'll be value for money, but you wont use what you payed for.  Etcetera.
Like I said, if it shapes up, I'm interested. But my money is currently going toward nintendo. Who thus far, through all the news and discussions I've seen, are going to do wonderfully.
And who knows, considering current events, SEGA is likely favoring this console too. Hence, Sonic games.

But we'll see.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Tenacious BloodFury~ on January 31, 2011, 02:01:56 AM
The NGP looks pretty darn powerful, but we've seen the best it can do already. Sure it beats the standard of any 2008 Console game, but imagine what the 3DS has in store for those developers who don't make use of the 3D? Just as good. And trust me, there will be potential-seeking devs.

The competition is tight, and what will win is the ability to compliment the hardware. 3D is passive and not a gimmick. The controls aren't overcrowded and the layout is tidy.
With the NGP, the touch screen may provide a new way of playing, but also having two analog sticks, and that huge screen, too, the touch screen will feel awkward and developers might not want to use it, apart from the occasional gimmick. There's also a GPS in there. I'm a gamer, I don't want a GPS. That's cash wasted. I can tell this is going to be a really expensive piece of kit, and at that, SONY likes to make people pay a lot.

So, gimmicky, expensive, awkward, crowded handheld? Or equally powerful, enjoyable, cheap, easy, clean handheld? 

I know I may be looking on to a work in progress, but with SONY, it's the same story all over again. It'll be good, but it wont be consistent. It'll be value for money, but you wont use what you payed for.  Etcetera.
Like I said, if it shapes up, I'm interested. But my money is currently going toward nintendo. Who thus far, through all the news and discussions I've seen, are going to do wonderfully.
And who knows, considering current events, SEGA is likely favoring this console too. Hence, Sonic games.

But we'll see.

Any Sony Portable Device has been getting a GPS build-in lately.

SEGA is currently making a game on this thing so...

also.... Kadokawa Games.... Anime Fanservice Game o3o?

Ioshyriku

holy crap this thing looks powerful but the only thing I care is that I hope the most RPGs will come to the 3DS unlike the PSP that stole all the awesome titles, still I wish to see what both will be capable of

Tanassy

Quote from: Lucyfied on January 31, 2011, 10:02:30 AM
Any Sony Portable Device has been getting a GPS build-in lately.

SEGA is currently making a game on this thing so...

also.... Kadokawa Games.... Anime Fanservice Game o3o?
And yet there's already talk of several SEGA titles and even a sonic title or two on the 3DS.
But of course, all I want to see Super Mario Sunshine. xD Woo Nintendo!

Ehem.. back on topic.
What would be cool on this is a new Ratchet & Clank game. Hahahahaha

Sonic123

$399 eh... well it is less expensive then when the PS3 Came out...
100 posts is everyones goal on this fourm... no one seems to care about anything..

shadowDOESrock

heres the joke.

Batterylife: 2 to 5 Hours depending on application, 9 Hours when listening to music only.
Intigrated Battery, no way to exchange and/or switch batterys.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on September 14, 2011, 08:48:29 AM
heres the joke.

Batterylife: 2 to 5 Hours depending on application, 9 Hours when listening to music only.

Oh wow.
Is it really that bad?
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Tanassy

heres the joke.

Oh my god.

Are you fucking shitting me or what?

jkid101094

heres the joke.

Waitwut? You charge it then, right?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

This is what the games' boxes look like. And the game cards, if you haven't seen those yet.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 14, 2011, 04:51:17 PM
This is what the games' boxes look like. And the game cards, if you haven't seen those yet.

Why such a big case for something as small as a Gamecube memory card?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 14, 2011, 04:53:48 PM
Why such a big case for something as small as a Gamecube memory card?
Why does it matter?

jkid101094

Quote from: Remilia Scarlet [Tana~] on September 14, 2011, 07:28:59 PM
Why does it matter?
Shelf space? Seems like they just have a lot of unused room.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 14, 2011, 07:31:04 PM
Shelf space? Seems like they just have a lot of unused room.
Doesn't really make a difference, honestly. Besides, it's a design choice. I guess it's meant to stand out. One would think it's symbolic, I guess. To me it speaks, "bigger experiences on a small console" or something. Of course, maybe that's just me.

jkid101094

Quote from: Remilia Scarlet [Tana~] on September 14, 2011, 08:22:09 PM
Doesn't really make a difference, honestly. Besides, it's a design choice. I guess it's meant to stand out. One would think it's symbolic, I guess. To me it speaks, "bigger experiences on a small console" or something. Of course, maybe that's just me.
You think too deeply about things.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.