Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward

Started by Elija2, September 10, 2013, 05:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Luna's is probably the only ending that isn't a big cliffhanger. I actually forget what most of the endings are though. That's how unmemorable they are!

Hakudamashi

SSooooo, the "Second of the trilogy" curse?
Except Luna, cause she's the best thing ever.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Nah, it just can't top the original. 999's story is less ambitious but absolutely perfect. VLR tries to be something bigger but it kinda does a sloppy job at it. There are so many more endings that it's hard to keep track.

Hakudamashi

With a less likeable cast(IMO) and much less room for the characters to just breathe and flesh out.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

It's funny because I like Clover less in VLR than I do in 999 even though she was a murdering psychopath in that game. They just made her character so bland and annoying.

Also I don't even know why they made Alice into an actual character. I guess because they had to address her sudden appearance in 999's ending.

Hakudamashi

I think I've played this game long enough to confidently say that the only characters that hold my interest are Phi, Dio and Luna. I liked K in the beginning, but then he just mellowed out for me after awhile, in contrast to 999 where everyone, especially the main character Junpei were cool and interesting, and those who weren't at the begining(like Clover for me) eventually grew on me.

Y'know what I think this game is missing? And I think I've already mentioned it, this game just goes from one shock value cene to another, leaving no room for the characters to just... dick around y'know? to learn more about them. The only ones allowed that opportunity are Phi, Dio and Luna(Which is funny cause Luna's out of commission for most of the game).
And it's annoying how everything needs to be explained, I mean seriously, NOONE knew what a globe was?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

You're not a fan of Phi? I liked her.

And you definitely learn more about the characters as the game goes on. I think they're just not eager to be open amongst each other because it's a game of ally or betrayal and nobody can be trusted, especially since shit hits the fan early with the dead old lady. In 999 everyone was forced to work together and had no reason to go against each other until later when either Snake or someone else was found dead.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 14, 2013, 11:10:13 AM
You're not a fan of Phi? I liked her.

And you definitely learn more about the characters as the game goes on. I think they're just not eager to be open amongst each other because it's a game of ally or betrayal and nobody can be trusted, especially since shit hits the fan early with the dead old lady. In 999 everyone was forced to work together and had no reason to go against each other until later when either Snake or someone else was found dead.
Wait, when did I say I didn't like Phi?

I get that, and I think it's to the game's detriment.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I misread, my bad.

And I think you should finish the game before judging it completely.

Hakudamashi

Had to go all the back to the first puzzle choice cause everything else is a dead end.
Went to the infirmary with Phi and Tenmyouji, and got the super secret super gold file.
And in the AB game, serious back stabbing took place, which caused some serious unwanted tension.
Dio said the exact thing I've been thinking this whole time about that supposed News Article about Radical 6, and Clover and Alice make references to 999, the better game., and christ Clover has been kidnapped 3 f*cking times wit hher life in danger and she just brushes it off...
Quark goes insane, but Alice hasn't yet, I'm surprised

But anyway, went into the PCE room with Clover and Tenmyouji, cause Tenmy's a cool dood, and got the golden file.
On our way back, the cure fro Radical 6 has been found, so Quark's back to normal, and Alice is still sane, 2 puzzles rooms ha ve gone and everyone's still alive and well... That means we might actually get plot done, and so said so done as we found a memory card that might have told the origin of Radical 6, and that this virus doesn't f*ck around...

But anyway, time to vote where Clover, all of a sudden, out of f*cking nowhere, decides to pull this total 180 slut persona to try to get me to screw Tenmyouji. I thought she was just trolling, but she was quite serious. maybe being kidnapped 3 times has made her insane...
Also, Dio was cool with kill both Luna and Phi in one fell swoop,

But yeah, Alice killed herself, cause she has case of the crazies, but noone else knows that now do they...
But then Clover threatens to kill everyone... then to be continued...
Weak.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I like how Alice's appearance at the end of 999 was kind of a joke, but when making VLR they had to come up with a serious reason for her being there.

Hakudamashi

And then have her die... all the time...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Even they knew she was a useless character.

jkid101094

So if Clover lives in the cannon does that mean Lotus and Santa die? Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 15, 2013, 10:03:47 PM
So if Clover lives in the cannon does that mean Lotus and Santa die? Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

You didn't even finish 999 so I suggest you either correct that sin or get the hell out of this topic.