Steam Pricing Makes no Sense

Started by jkid101094, November 30, 2013, 08:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So a few of you guys wanted to play Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed with me last night so I asked mom for $10 of her card (it's my money to spend it's just on her card) and bought it. Everything was hunky dory until this morning when I got an urge to mod Sonic Generations. I figured I'd just torrent it since I have the PS3 version and had already giving Steam enough of my $50 this month...but then I see this.

How in the flying FUCK does this make ANY sense? You're charging me, even with the sale, $25 for two games I want but $15 for both of those games and 15 others? I figured they left some out which is why it was so cheap but seriously, I feel like I ripped myself off.

So now I'm stuck on what to do. Do I ask mom for another $15, gift my copy of Transformed and waste $10 or do I just cut my losses and save the money.

In-Between Edit:
Just had a talk with mom after writing that but prior to posting it. She was surprisingly OK with my fuck up and willing to give me the money later, which leaves me with $22 (I spent eight on food in her mind). I'm giving my extra copy to GD (not GD260) who said he'd play with us. His desktop is Alienware so he said he should be able to run it fine.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Wait for daily/flash deals before buying anything, especially Sonic Racing Transformed since it's gone on sale for $5 before.

But yeah, it's kinda funny that you can buy Sonic Generations for $15 or Sonic Generations with a shit ton of other games for $15.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

It make sense.
Its the amount that being compensated.

E.g
Sonic Generations - $15 - $8 Profit, $5 Valve
17 x Sonic Games - $15 / $0.8 per Game- $0.5 Profit times 17 - $8.5 Profit

Ofcourse, these arent accurate numbers, but you get the idea