Metroid Prime Wii U

Started by shadowDOESrock, January 31, 2014, 02:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 03, 2014, 10:42:24 AM
Congrats, you're better at video games than me and suck at Skyward Sword.

No, Skyward Sword just didnt god damn work

Hakudamashi

If I can do 3 playthroughs just fine, maybe something's wrong with you.

Or you just suck.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

What about that Ninja Gaiden game you couldn't beat, kyo?

Hakudamashi

Only freaks can beat Ninja Gaiden >.>
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Tana on February 03, 2014, 10:46:46 AM
What about that Ninja Gaiden game you couldn't beat, kyo?

OH YEAH, NINJA GAIDEN!
Yes.

Seriously though, games have become way easier in comparison to ten years ago and are filled with tutorials.

Tanassy

And yet games are criticised for not having tutorials...
Like MH.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 03, 2014, 10:49:01 AM
Only freaks can beat Ninja Gaiden >.>
I'm a freak.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on February 03, 2014, 10:49:55 AM
OH YEAH, NINJA GAIDEN!
Yes.

Seriously though, games have become way easier in comparison to ten years ago and are filled with tutorials.
Easier by removing all the bullshit, like lives, few checkpoints, and having to look up a guide to find out how to Shoryuken.

As long as the game itself is challenging by design, I think games today are much better than years of old. Look at Rayman Origins and Super Meat Boy.

In terms of tutorials, I wish they just kept that shit in the Manuals, otherwise leave them as optional hint markers. Or better yet, have an option to turn tutorials off like DMC:Devil May Cry.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

I pretty much agree with what Haku said.

Games are easier because they don't have such steep curves.. and when they do they're criticised for it.

Hell, even Dark Souls is criticised for how heavily it relies on Trial and Error.. once you know what to do that game is playable with a hand tied behind your back.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 03, 2014, 10:56:02 AM
Easier by removing all the bullshit, like lives, few checkpoints, and having to look up a guide to find out how to Shoryuken.

I liked lives.
Made people learn the game by gameplay, not a two hour tutorial.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on February 03, 2014, 12:53:29 PM
I liked lives.
Made people learn the game by gameplay, not a two hour tutorial.
Lives made you had to replay entire segments of a game you've already mastered just to get to that one segment that's giving you trouble. In my eyes, that's just a colossal waste of time.

If the game is challenging by design, no amount of tutorials is gonna help you beat it, like Rayman Origins, you just have to keep trying till eventually you come up with your own way(or the "right" way) of beating it. Lives just put on uneeded pressure cause if you lose all of 'em, you have to go through content you're already sick of, just to try again, rather than to just keep trying at that one tricky part until you get it right so that the next playthrough is flawless.

But if you REALLY want lives, you can do what Ducktales Remastered does and have an easy mode that gets rid of lives, a normal mode with lives, and a hard mode with lives and no checkpoints.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 04, 2014, 04:25:12 AM
Lives made you had to replay entire segments of a game you've already mastered just to get to that one segment that's giving you trouble. In my eyes, that's just a colossal waste of time.

If the game is challenging by design, no amount of tutorials is gonna help you beat it, like Rayman Origins, you just have to keep trying till eventually you come up with your own way(or the "right" way) of beating it. Lives just put on uneeded pressure cause if you lose all of 'em, you have to go through content you're already sick of, just to try again, rather than to just keep trying at that one tricky part until you get it right so that the next playthrough is flawless.

But if you REALLY want lives, you can do what Ducktales Remastered does and have an easy mode that gets rid of lives, a normal mode with lives, and a hard mode with lives and no checkpoints.

It made people get better at the game, since they didnt want to die.
Now you can just flap your dick onwards the X Button until it works.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on February 04, 2014, 06:08:07 AM
It made people get better at the game, since they didnt want to die.
It made people ragequit games cause they didn't want to be frustrated.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 04, 2014, 07:27:30 AM
It made people ragequit games cause they didn't want to be frustrated.

Now they rage quit because hitting x not enough times didnt work and its 'unfair'

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on February 04, 2014, 08:28:19 AM
Now they rage quit because hitting x not enough times didnt work and its 'unfair'
Well, I understand your grief, but you gotta come to terms that there are stupid people out there who refuse to get better at "children's play things", and sadly, the amount of them out there outnumber people like you and me, so devs wanna target them.

So the best we can hope for is to go the Ducktales Remasterd route and give us the option.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay