Dragonball Xenoverse Roster Theory and Analysis

Started by jkid101094, August 17, 2014, 11:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So I was going to nap a little while ago when an idea hit me. After putting pieces together for awhile about Dragonball Xenoverse's roster I finally came to the conclusion that predicting it might be more possible than once thought. Now after looking at the rosters of past games I feel I have a good idea of who is getting in, but first, here is a list of the games I'll be analyzing and it's developers:

Quote from: Game List
BOLD = Base for Consideration

Dragonball Heroes (Dimps)
Dragonball Online  (Bird Studio/Shueisha) (Shanda Games) (NTL Inc.)
Dragonball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (Spike)
Dragonball Z: Infinite World (Dimps)
Dragonball Z: Battle of Z (Artdink)
Dragonball Z Budokai 3 (Dimps)

I chose to look at these games because they were either developed by Dimps, represented the recent mindset of Akira Toriyama and Bandai (I'll explain this later) or, in Online's case, the game takes heavy inspiration from it.

Dragonball Heroes and Dragonball Online are my basis for consideration, meaning that a character that does not appear in either of these games has no chance of being in Xenoverse PERIOD. Since Heroes' roster is so large it is very unlikely that anyone noteworthy won't be considered, however.

Now as of recently it seems that either Akira Toriyama or Bandai (or both) have been slowly trying to axe off GT from modern Dragonball. Akira Toriyama has outright stated that GT is not cannon and in Battle of Z there was nothing even related to GT. GT's representation in the series has slowly been dying down putting it in sort of a grey area in terms of it getting representation. As a result I've included two recent games in my research so that I can get an idea of which GT characters are relevant enough to make the cut even if GT as a whole is axed.

Now as for the roster's size the character select screen has been shown in a recent trailer. The CSS consists of 6 or 7 pages worth of character slots adding up to between 126 to 147 slots in total. This means that, at minimum 126 characters are planned to be added to the game. Now while Battle of Z did give alternate forms their own character slots (such as SSJ Goku and SSG Goku) that was because characters were unable to transform mid battle. For this game, however, characters have been confirmed to be able to transform mid battle so it is likely that the actual number of "characters" will be much higher. For the sake of this list, however, each character and form will be listed separately, despite them most likely sharing a character slot.

Now to explain my ranking system:

Rank 3: These characters have been confirmed by Dimps.

Rank 2: These characters are NOT confirmed by Dimps, but are pretty much confirmed by characters already in the game, past appearances or by storyline.

Rank 1: These characters have not been revealed, but are likely based on their appearances in past games or by storyline.

Rank 0: These characters have nothing going for them either way and have not been confirmed.

Rank -1: These characters have not been revealed and probably will not based of the lack of their appearance in past games or by storyline.

Rank -2: These characters are NOT deconfirmed by Dimps, but are deconfirmed by other means.

Rank -3: These characters are deconfirmed by Dimps.

In addition Bolded Characters are from Dragonball or Dragonball GT and will only be considered if those two series are confirmed to have representation.

Now for the actual list. This will be updated as new information is gathered. Note: Most characters from Dragonball Heroes won't be listed here until they become relevant in some fashion.

Quote from: Rank 3

• Custom Character/Future Warrior
  • Custom Character/Future Warrior (Super Saiyan)
  • Goku
  • Goku (Kaio-Ken)
  • Goku (Super Saiyan)
  • Goku (Super Saiyan 3)
  • Kid Gohan
  • Piccolo
  • Krillen
  • Tien Shinhan
  • Yamcha
  • Future Trunks
  • Android 17
  • Android 18
  • Vegeta
  • Vegeta (Super Saiyan)
  • Nappa
  • Raditz
  • Guldo
  • Freiza (100% Power)
  • Cell (Perfect Form)
  • Cell Jr.
  • Super Buu
  • Kid Buu

Quote from: Rank 2

• Goku (Super Saiyan 2)
  • Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
  • Vegeta (Scouter)
  • Vegeta (Super Saiyan 2)
  • Saibaman
  • Captain Ginyu
  • Recoome
  • Jeice
  • Burter
  • Zarbon
  • Dodoria
  • Frieza (1st Form)
  • Frieza (2nd Form)
  • Frieza (3rd Form)
  • Frieza (Final Form)
  • Teen Gohan
  • Teen Gohan (Super Saiyan)
  • Teen Gohan (Super Saiyan 2)
  • Android 16
  • Android 19
  • Dr. Gero
  • Cell (Imperfect Form)
  • Cell (Android 17 Absorbed)
  • Dabura
  • Majin Buu
  • Super Buu (Gohan Absorbed)
  • Super Gogeto
  • Super Vegito
  • Gogeto (Super Saiyan 4)
  • Omega Shenron
  • Time Patrol Trunks

QuoteRank 1

QuoteRank 0

QuoteRank -1
-Vacant-

QuoteRank -2
-Vacant-

QuoteRank -3
-Vacant-

-Topic Still Under Construction. Just Posting to Save What I Have-

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.