Comedy Central... HOW DARE YOU.

Started by Gilly, April 24, 2010, 05:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilly

COMEDY CENTRAL... HOW DARE YOU.

Those of you who are South Park fans and saw last week's episode titled '201' most-likely were aware that the show censored the word 'Muhammed' throughout the episode. When I watched this episode, I thought all the bleeps were just Matt & Trey (the creators of South Park) making fun of the fact that people have gone too far with this whole Muhammed controversy.... On top of all those bleeps,  for about 45 seconds at the end of the episode, they bleeped AN ENTIRE speech that was being said by Kyle Santa and Jesus... I laughed when I saw it because I thought it was purposely like this but then I come to find out that COMEDY CENTRAL WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. Pathetic.

After episode 200 (part 1 of this 2 part series) a Muslim website (www.revolutionmuslim.com) threatened Matt and Trey's life, basically saying that they need to watch their back, and warning Matt and Trey will wind up murdered like what happened in the past to a film maker (Theo Van Gogh) who did something similar. This is ALL BECAUSE Muhammed (not even shown in the episode) was portrayed in a bear costume... Because of this reaction to episode 200, Comedy Central was SO SCARED that they decided to censor the HELL out of episode 201 with CONSTANT bleeps... HOW... DARE... THEY.

Basically, Comedy Central is letting terrorists use fear to have power over them. In the United States of America, we have a little something called "Freedom of Speech". Terrrorists use these threats to take away our freedom as Americans. I respect Matt Stone and Trey Parker now more than ever because they knew what they were doing was controversial, but they did it to prove to everyone that they aren't going to let terrorists put enough fear in them to not do what they love to do. Matt and Trey have stated many times that they do not intend to offend anyone... all they do is simply make light of situations and make fun of everyone equally. To them, everything is acceptable to show. They won't make fun of every other religion but not touch Islam because they will be threatened. Because of this courage, I respect them and hope they continue to do what they do.

Here is an official statement from Matt and Trey regarding the controvery over episode 201... (as shown on SouthParkStudios.com)

"In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."

I SERIOUSLY hope Matt and Trey protect themselves from these COWARDS because they ARE in trouble... but I hope they stick with what they believe in and never let pussy terrorists get the best of them.... They need to put the original episodes up on South Park Studios, not only to let people watch the show, but to PROVE A POINT that we will NOT stand for terrorists taking over what we as Americans stand for. So fuck you Comedy Central for simply being complete pussies and not standing for what America believes in...

Super Sonic Boom

It's sad that even South Park Studios has this up...

Gilly

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on April 24, 2010, 05:55:41 AM
It's sad that even South Park Studios has this up...

Yup gotta love the pussies at Comedy Central.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: John Gillis on April 24, 2010, 05:58:02 AM
Yup gotta love the pussies at Comedy Central.

It's just sad, they've always been pushing the envelope, and now they are stopping because some people say something MAY happen if they decide to do what they want.

Chimmy Chonga

This just tangles my nipples. Comedy Central is full of pussies.

shrinky dinks

Dracoslythe

Welcome to American Censorship.
I think they go overboard with it.
Pussies.

I didn't personally see it, but I saw it on the Factor last night.

darkness shadow

i may not personally watch southpark or enjoy it at times, but this is stupid, i've noticed, in this country at least, people can say shit about christianity and get away with it, as soon as it's about another religion, everyone kills ya for it
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

shadowDOESrock

LilyGin

At first I thought it was just them being funny, but then I read this. Brother, I am disappoint.

Hakudamashi

So if they yell out "Jesus Christ sucks cock" from dusk till dawn,noone will give a damn
But if someone was to even mutter out "Muhammad" its death threats?

What is wrong with the world?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

daDRKlordFLUFFY

okay mr. muslim guy see your bluff and rais you an "binladen can suck my balls" (mr. muslim guy pulls out an gun)

TheGameNinja

I'm not that into South Park, but I don't like censorship so this really ticks me off. Especially since the guys making the show had every intention to let it run completely uncensored. Pure cowardice on the part of Comedy Central.

Super Sonic Boom

This all goes back to what Comdey Central did for Jesus Christ crapping on the American flag, that's right...they did completely nothing about this, and yet no-one really came out and made death threats about that.

TranceRaver83

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on April 26, 2010, 12:52:42 PM
This all goes back to what Comdey Central did for Jesus Christ crapping on the American flag, that's right...they did completely nothing about this, and yet no-one really came out and made death threats about that.
Just like they said in South Park:  "Jesus doesn't matter when Muhummad is involved".

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on April 26, 2010, 01:00:09 PM
Just like they said in South Park:  "Jesus doesn't matter when Muhummad is involved".

It's that bombshell no-one wants to hit.