Main Menu

Queen's day!

Started by Fiamonder, April 29, 2010, 09:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiamonder

Alright! No school for 2 weeks! And Queen's day is tommorow. What's Queen's day? I'll tell you what it is. *copies off Wiki o3o*

Koninginnedag or Queen's Day is a national holiday in the Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles, and Aruba on 30 April or on 29 April if the 30th is a Sunday. Queen's Day celebrates the birthday of the Queen of the Netherlands and is supposed to be a day of national unity and "togetherness" (Dutch: saamhorigheid). The tradition started on 31 August 1885, on the birthday of Princess Wilhelmina, later Queen Wilhelmina. Since 1949, after the ascension of Queen Juliana, Queen's Day is Queen Juliana's birthday on 30 April. Although Queen Beatrix's birthday is on 31 January, she officially celebrates her birthday on 30 April.

Queen's Day is known for its "freemarket" (Dutch: vrijmarkt) all over the country, where everybody is allowed to sell things in the streets. Other activities during Queen's Day are children's games, individual musical performances, and music concerts. The night before Queen's Day is celebrated too in some cities, and this is called Queen's Night (Dutch: Koninginnenacht). The largest celebration of Queen's Day is in Amsterdam, Queen's Night in The Hague and Queen's Dance (Dutch: Koninginnedans) in Rotterdam. During the celebrations as reference to the colours of the House of Orange-Nassau, people dress in the colour orange, which is sometimes called "orange craze" (Dutch: oranjegekte).

This may sound gay lame, but I'll tell you, it isn't. It's fun to do. I won't sell things though, last time I did that was.. 5 years ago, I selled my SA2B. Bad choice. So I'm just walking around with some friends, nothing else.

So don't expect me to log-in tommorow. :C

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Djsonic

NiGHTS

Quote from: Fiamonder10 on April 29, 2010, 09:06:37 AM
Alright! No school for 2 weeks! And Queen's day is tommorow. What's Queen's day? I'll tell you what it is. *copies off Wiki o3o*

Koninginnedag or Queen's Day is a national holiday in the Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles, and Aruba on 30 April or on 29 April if the 30th is a Sunday. Queen's Day celebrates the birthday of the Queen of the Netherlands and is supposed to be a day of national unity and "togetherness" (Dutch: saamhorigheid). The tradition started on 31 August 1885, on the birthday of Princess Wilhelmina, later Queen Wilhelmina. Since 1949, after the ascension of Queen Juliana, Queen's Day is Queen Juliana's birthday on 30 April. Although Queen Beatrix's birthday is on 31 January, she officially celebrates her birthday on 30 April.

Queen's Day is known for its "freemarket" (Dutch: vrijmarkt) all over the country, where everybody is allowed to sell things in the streets. Other activities during Queen's Day are children's games, individual musical performances, and music concerts. The night before Queen's Day is celebrated too in some cities, and this is called Queen's Night (Dutch: Koninginnenacht). The largest celebration of Queen's Day is in Amsterdam, Queen's Night in The Hague and Queen's Dance (Dutch: Koninginnedans) in Rotterdam. During the celebrations as reference to the colours of the House of Orange-Nassau, people dress in the colour orange, which is sometimes called "orange craze" (Dutch: oranjegekte).

This may sound gay lame, but I'll tell you, it isn't. It's fun to do. I won't sell things though, last time I did that was.. 5 years ago, I selled my SA2B. Bad choice. So I'm just walking around with some friends, nothing else.

So don't expect me to log-in tommorow. :C

That makes me the queen

Bow down bitches >:U x3 and have funn P:

TranceRaver83

I thought it had to do with the band "Queen".   Now i'm not interested.  And you live in the Netherlands?!!?  I always wanted to live there >.<

jkid101094

Is the queen a blond haired anime chick? If so I'll celebrate. 83

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Fiamonder

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on April 29, 2010, 10:01:11 AM
I thought it had to do with the band "Queen".   Now i'm interested.  And you live in the Netherlands?!!?  I always wanted to live there >.<

Yes I doo :333

And you live in America. I always wanted to live there >.<

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

rockout909

Quote from: Fiamonder10 on April 29, 2010, 10:33:00 AM
And you live in America. I always wanted to live there >.<

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on April 29, 2010, 10:01:11 AM
I thought it had to do with the band "Queen".   Now i'm not interested.  And you live in the Netherlands?!!?  I always wanted to live there >.<

trade houses/families or something... AND YOU STILL HAVENT REPLYED TO MY PM FIAMONDER!!!

SonicPeRsOn123