Battlefield 3

Started by shadowDOESrock, August 01, 2010, 02:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Beeing Developt by DICE before they started working on Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 will arise next year.

You can get access to the Multiplayer Beta when you buy the Limited Edition (TIER 1 Edition) of Medal Of Honor.

WOOT!

That's right, development of a new Battlefield is under way and you'll get the chance to dive in and test thing out via beta access. When? Well, it's not quite clear as the information page regarding the Battlefield 3 beta on the MoH website states that the "Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release" meaning you might be holding on to that redeem code for almost a year...

Medal of Honor launches on Oct. 12, 2010 in North America and Oct. 15 in Europe for the PS3, 360, and PC.

TranceRaver83

Just a marketing gimmick, because they know that Medal of Honor won't sell without it.  If you played the beta, you will know it is a piece of shit.  It feels like a shitty free to play knockoff, yet they want to charge us money for it, plus it is buggier than Bad Company 2, which i didn't even think was possible.  And fuck paying for the beta, it will be released on Fileplanet later on, without the cost of a horrid game with it.

I hope to Christ that Battlefield 3 doesn't suck,but it sounds like it's gonna be another console port like Bad Company 2 was. If they do not bring back jets, commander, 64 (or higher) player support, and large maps, then fuck it.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on August 01, 2010, 05:39:33 PM
Just a marketing gimmick, because they know that Medal of Honor won't sell without it.  If you played the beta, you will know it is a piece of shit.  It feels like a shitty free to play knockoff, yet they want to charge us money for it, plus it is buggier than Bad Company 2, which i didn't even think was possible.  And fuck paying for the beta, it will be released on Fileplanet later on, without the cost of a horrid game with it.

I hope to Christ that Battlefield 3 doesn't suck,but it sounds like it's gonna be another console port like Bad Company 2 was. If they do not bring back jets, commander, 64 (or higher) player support, and large maps, then fuck it.

Bad Company 2 is buggy?     

Also, they are using 2 diffrent engines for Multi-, and Singleplayer. The Multiplayer is a game on its own by DICE, while the singleplayer is beeing made by EA itself.

But seriously, what is wrong with BC2?

TranceRaver83

Quote from: DarkKyoushu on August 02, 2010, 11:11:23 AM
Bad Company 2 is buggy?     

Also, they are using 2 diffrent engines for Multi-, and Singleplayer. The Multiplayer is a game on its own by DICE, while the singleplayer is beeing made by EA itself.

But seriously, what is wrong with BC2?
I've played the multiplayer beta, and it is pretty bad.  Unbalanced weapons,  generic gameplay modes.  It feels like a neutered version of Bad Company 2, without the veichles and the fun. 

And nothing is wrong with BC2, but the PC version is horribly optimized, and almost as buggy as GTA4.  I run the game on low, and i still get low FPS in it, and i pass the minimum settings by a lot.  Plus the multiplayer has alot of rubber banding/lag issues.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on August 02, 2010, 05:17:54 PM
I've played the multiplayer beta, and it is pretty bad.  Unbalanced weapons,  generic gameplay modes.  It feels like a neutered version of Bad Company 2, without the veichles and the fun. 

And nothing is wrong with BC2, but the PC version is horribly optimized, and almost as buggy as GTA4.  I run the game on low, and i still get low FPS in it, and i pass the minimum settings by a lot.  Plus the multiplayer has alot of rubber banding/lag issues.

Well...
     ...Medal Of Honor's Singleplayer uses the Unreal Engine, not the Frostbite Engine like the Multiplayer does. Its also another team.
Besides, Medal Of Honor's Multiplayer ALWAYS sucked while Singleplayer rocked. Why should that change?

I have the PC and 360 Beta. (Well...PC BETA crashes like...all 10 minutes) There was a vehicle in the multiplayer beta. Every weapon was overpowerd...while the MG's where underpowerd.

Dark Tails

Quote from: DarkKyoushu on August 05, 2010, 09:05:08 AM
Well...
     ...Medal Of Honor's Singleplayer uses the Unreal Engine, not the Frostbite Engine like the Multiplayer does. Its also another team.
Besides, Medal Of Honor's Multiplayer ALWAYS sucked while Singleplayer rocked. Why should that change?

I have the PC and 360 Beta. (Well...PC BETA crashes like...all 10 minutes) There was a vehicle in the multiplayer beta. Every weapon was overpowerd...while the MG's where underpowerd.
The multi-player is what keeps the replayability value.  I'm not gonna pay 50 (or 60) dollars for a short, 6-8 hour story (which is the same as every other modern game nowadays, just a different setting), and a piss poor multi-player.   Not even for Battlefield 3 beta.  I'll just wait for it to be released on fileplanet.  This is the saddest marketing attempt from EA, ever. 

shadowDOESrock