Previous topic - Next topic

Which Battle Method Should be Used?

1 vs. 1 (3 Max)
2 vs. 2 (4 Max)
3 vs. 3 (3 Max)
Rotation (3 Max)
Something Else (Explain Below)

jkid101094

Occasionally I've been getting messages from EP asking for a Pokemon Battle or two and I always feel bad turning him down because my Pokemon team for Black isn't ready yet. So, being a skilled breeder I came up with this idea. After the two Brawl tourneys are done and over with I was thinking some of us who enjoy training Pokemon could get together for a few Little Cup Rules matches, however, to allow more freedom with raising I'd like to make a few adjustments to the rules. Here are the Little Cup Rules as of Pokemon Stadium II:

Quote from: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Little_CupRestrictions

The following restrictions are implied in the Little Cup:

All Pokémon must be at Level 5, without exception.

Pokémon must be of the lowest stage in their evolutionary line and must be able evolve. This rule varies with generation: for example, in Generation II, Tangela, which evolves into Tangrowth only in Generation IV, cannot be entered as it was the only Pokémon in its evolutionary line at the time. However, Marill can be entered, as Azurill was not introduced until Generation III.

Set-damage moves like Dragon Rage or SonicBoom will have no effect. These moves do damage that is usually greater than the HP of most Level 5 Pokémon, and are thus not allowed.

Generation IV
In Generation IV, the following also applies:
Only three Pokémon may be chosen.
"Special Pokémon" may not be entered. This includes "Banned Pokémon".
No two Pokémon in any one team may have the same National Pokédex number.
No two Pokémon in any one team may be holding the same item.

And here is what I suggest:

Quote from: Modified Little Cup Rules
1. All Pokemon must be LV. 20. No exceptions. This allows for a greater choice of movepools without relying as much on Egg Moves. Keeping all Pokemon the same level will prevent unfair level advantages and also somewhat nullify the Rattatat strategy.

2. Pokemon must be the lowest form in their evolutionary line and are NOT allowed to be evolved even if their first evolution occurs via item, trade, before LV. 20, etc.

3. Set damage moves are banned because they often ensure a 1-Hit KO on weaker Pokemon.

4. The battles will be decided as either 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs 3 or Rotation by a majority vote of all combatants. If 1 vs. 1 battles are decided, a team will be limited to only three Pokemon. If 2 vs. 2 battles are decided, each team will be limited to 4. In the case of 3 vs. 3 and Rotation teams will be limited to 3 Pokemon.

5. Legendary Pokemon may not be entered, as they often need to be hacked to begin at a low level of 20, as well as most could easily topple younger Pokemon. Special event Pokemon such as the max EV Axew are also banned, however, those Pokemon may be bred.

6. No two Pokemon on any team may be duplicated, this, once again, ensures no sneaky, underhanded tactics can be used.

7. No two Pokemon may have the same held item on a team. This is to prevent Leftovers spam.

8. As stated before, only legit Pokemon are allowed, and Pokemon may NOT be bred using hacked Pokemon. All Pokemon entries must be legit. No exceptions.

9. The tourney will be double elimination with only one match being played each round. Contestants will take on the responsibility of arranging a time and place to face their current opponent.

I hope everyone is fine with those rules and, if not, they can be changed. I would also prefer to have a hand arranging the tourney because of last times mishap.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

the rules sound fine to me.  Better get breeding even though I suck at it lol.

Also, might I suggest 6v6 teams for both double and one on one?
That's honestly my preferred way of playing: with full teams, even though I'm fine with 3v3 :3

also about the base form rule...
what if we wanted to use a Poke that only had a base form and no evos(Say I wanted to use Absol)?  Would that be fine?

Jazz Nova

Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

jkid101094

Quote from: Dracoslythe on October 10, 2011, 06:46:16 AM
the rules sound fine to me.  Better get breeding even though I suck at it lol.

Also, might I suggest 6v6 teams for both double and one on one?
That's honestly my preferred way of playing: with full teams, even though I'm fine with 3v3 :3

also about the base form rule...
what if we wanted to use a Poke that only had a base form and no evos(Say I wanted to use Absol)?  Would that be fine?

I only limited it because people would have a bit more incentive to play if they had to raise less Pokemon. It also stays true to the actual Little Cup rules.

And I'd honestly have to say no, if only for the fact Pokemon who lack an evolutionary line tend to get stronger, quicker. I.E. something like Kecleon would most likely have larger stats then Squirtle because Kecleon is also supposed to compete with fully evolved Pokemon.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 10, 2011, 10:37:08 AM
I only limited it because people would have a bit more incentive to play if they had to raise less Pokemon. It also stays true to the actual Little Cup rules.

And I'd honestly have to say no, if only for the fact Pokemon who lack an evolutionary line tend to get stronger, quicker. I.E. something like Kecleon would most likely have larger stats then Squirtle because Kecleon is also supposed to compete with fully evolved Pokemon.
True.  Then nvm lol

And valid point.  Thanks for answering.  I just wanted to know before I started raising pokemon (and Absol wasn't included, it was just the first thing I thought of lol)

jkid101094

Quote from: Dracoslythe on October 10, 2011, 10:40:13 AM
And valid point.  Thanks for answering.  I just wanted to know before I started raising pokemon (and Absol wasn't included, it was just the first thing I thought of lol)
If I were you I'd wait for more people to join. I posted this here and on GoW so you could join either, but I don't want you to feel like your work was for nothing if neither one happens.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.