I Don't Understand Why I Buy Games Anymore...

Started by jkid101094, January 19, 2012, 07:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

Yeah, a game like that is always planned out and scheduled, any DLC is often a late idea that was thought of during the polishing stage of development (By the time a release date would already have been set) or after the game had already gone gold. For the most part, it is really just an expansion that was thought of after release- when people had already played the game and formed their opinions. (So as not to waste money on creating something nobody would like)
DLC is generally worth it- especially if it is all new content and extra hours of gameplay. I prefer when content updates are free too, but making DLC is like making an OVA for an anime. It is more often a production that is inspired by community reaction- lots of money is spent on it to make it expand and improve upon the base game, with an extra coat of polish at that. And it's (Generally) about the same deal as releasing a small game (Precisely speaking, on an existing engine). I just hate when the idea is overused in the form of tiny content updates like costumes, as opposed to expansion packs.

Hakudamashi

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition was announced the day after I bought Mortal Kombat

F*ck gaming today...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

If a game has a lot of DLC, you should expect this. Its not all that new. Back when the only way to add content to a game was expansion packs, after awhile they'd come out with a bundle that included all the expansions for a price that was probably lower than the original price of just the standard game. Game of the year editions or complete editions or whatever are the same thing.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 22, 2012, 11:42:19 AM
If a game has a lot of DLC, you should expect this. Its not all that new. Back when the only way to add content to a game was expansion packs, after awhile they'd come out with a bundle that included all the expansions for a price that was probably lower than the original price of just the standard game. Game of the year editions or complete editions or whatever are the same thing.
lol Sims

Except, back in the day these "expansions" also had to be retail which costed a fortune, but now it's all downloadable and releases the tedium of swapping disks.

It's still annoying though >_>
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay