Mari0: The MarioxPortal Love Child

Started by jkid101094, March 17, 2012, 06:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So one day in the magical land of the internet a group of people who ran Stabyourself.net thought, "What if Valve and Nintendo bred Mario and Portal?" The result was the best fan game I've played in awhile. Not counting Sonic Infinite, of course.

Now alone this would be badass, but the badassery goes a step further when you see that the game also features a built in level editor. That's right, you're free to create 8 worlds of PortalxMario goodness and redistribute them as you please. If creating isn't your thing the game already has a large community of modders, myself included, whose levels can be downloaded directly from the game itself.

IMO, if you like Portal or Mario this game is worth a look at the very least. I haven't even touched on the character creation, but you can see that for yourself.

http://stabyourself.net/

http://stabyourself.net/mari0/

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 17, 2012, 06:35:10 PMThe result was the best fan game I've played in awhile. Not counting Sonic Infinite, of course.
Yay notoriety.

I've been following this since it was in alpha, it's been fun to watch it progress. The last version I played was 1.4, it's in 1.6 now. Has Maurice added online play yet?

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on March 17, 2012, 07:45:08 PM
Yay notoriety.

I've been following this since it was in alpha, it's been fun to watch it progress. The last version I played was 1.4, it's in 1.6 now. Has Maurice added online play yet?
Not sure I don't think so but I haven't tried.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Bummer. If he adds it be sure to let me know.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on March 18, 2012, 12:29:53 PM
Bummer. If he adds it be sure to let me know.
The game is still awesome regardless.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 18, 2012, 12:45:33 PM
The game is still awesome regardless.
I know, but 2D mario is so much more fun in multiplayer. In my opinion at least.

Tanassy

Eh, I've had this game for a few weeks now but the controls just bug me. And the fact the portal maps give you no way of earning back lives just... grrrrr. The portal gun feels so gimmicky and useless in regular stages and in the portal stages the physics annoy the absolute crap out of me.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 19, 2012, 07:15:33 PM
Eh, I've had this game for a few weeks now but the controls just bug me. And the fact the portal maps give you no way of earning back lives just... grrrrr. The portal gun feels so gimmicky and useless in regular stages and in the portal stages the physics annoy the absolute crap out of me.
I'm pretty sure you can changer the controls and I have no problem with the other things you mentioned.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

You can. i tried both Gamepad and various mouse+keyboard controls.

I even used my freaking PS3 controller to try

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 19, 2012, 07:23:50 PM
I even used my freaking PS3 controller to try
I wanted to do this but I can never get my controller to connect anymore.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

You need a specific application for it to install properly.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 19, 2012, 07:27:51 PM
You need a specific application for it to install properly.
I'm aware of this.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.