Ninja Gaiden 3DS?

Started by shadowDOESrock, January 18, 2013, 08:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Back in 2011, Team Ninja had announced a Ninja Gaiden Game for 3DS. Anyone know what happened to it?

Since then, we got Ninja Gaiden 3 - then a remake of Ninja Gaiden 3, then two ports to the Vita of Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 and the announcement of Ninja Gaiden Z.

Meanwhile, on 3DS... ~wind blows~.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 18, 2013, 08:03:37 AM
Back in 2011, Team Ninja had announced a Ninja Gaiden Game for 3DS. Anyone know what happened to it?

Since then, we got Ninja Gaiden 3 - then a remake of Ninja Gaiden 3, then two ports to the Vita of Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 and the announcement of Ninja Gaiden Z.

Meanwhile, on 3DS...*Animal Crossing outsells everything else on the system and Pokemon X and Y kill the Vita*.
Fixed.

And no, I never heard of a Ninja Gaiden 3DS, but while we're on the subject of 3DS games that got lost in production I'm still waiting for Persona 3DS.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

They also announced Bioshock for PSVita
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on January 18, 2013, 01:58:17 PM
They also announced Bioshock for PSVita

That was put on "ice" during the planning phase due to low sales of the Vita, but they are still in talks for Developing a BioShock for Vita... if Sony pays a part of the development costs.

And as we all know, Sony has no money as of now and has to focus on Next-Gen TV's, Phones, Consoles and all their other fancy devices.
But, we'll see.

Hakudamashi

Sheesh, what do you gotta do to get anything sold "well enough"
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on January 19, 2013, 08:52:43 PM
Sheesh, what do you gotta do to get anything sold "well enough"

Lets say, your console has to sell more than Call of Duty to make developers care.
So, lets say over 10 Million?

Then there is "well enough" from the standpoint of the company, how many units have to be sold to make platform xyz profitable - things like the PS3 where ultimately production costs outweigh the income by thousands and thousand of dollars. (Though, the PS3 is proftiable by now - but i just used that as example.)

(Sales in Millions)

Hakudamashi

Well I asked what you have to do get things sold well, not how much they need to sell to be classified as sold well. But thanks for the info.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on January 20, 2013, 06:56:02 PM
Well I asked what you have to do get things sold well, not how much they need to sell to be classified as sold well. But thanks for the info.

You have to market it. - Failed
You have to make deals with third-parties to produce games for your platform. - Failed
You have to make system-seller first-party / second-party titles for the platform. - Failed
You have to tell why anyone should get a Vita over a 3DS (and PS3) and any Smartphone. - Failed

Then, you should get rid of really expensive required storage and you shouldnt announce AT&T as your partner in America. Lol.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 21, 2013, 03:58:10 AM
You have to market it. - Failed
You have to make deals with third-parties to produce games for your platform. - Failed
You have to make system-seller first-party / second-party titles for the platform. - Failed
You have to tell why anyone should get a Vita over a 3DS (and PS3) and any Smartphone. - Failed

Then, you should get rid of really expensive required storage and you shouldnt announce AT&T as your partner in America. Lol.
They didn't market it? They had the commercials and everything.
Didn't they? Cause CAPCOM and 2K really seemed to have plans for the thing.
F*ck you Gravity Rush and LBP Vita are awesome.
It has 2 analog sticks, front and rear touch, and it's powerful.

That I agree with.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on January 21, 2013, 05:29:20 AM
They didn't market it? They had the commercials and everything.
Didn't they? Cause CAPCOM and 2K really seemed to have plans for the thing.
F*ck you Gravity Rush and LBP Vita are awesome.
It has 2 analog sticks, front and rear touch, and it's powerful.

That I agree with.

Okay, didnt market it enough. This obviously ties together with the whole "tell us why anyone should get this over a 3DS, PS3 or smartphone thing.

Now, first of all. Two games are not enough. Secondly, with games like LBPV and Uncharted Golden Abyss the question is... why should anyone buy it when they already have a PS3 with way superior versions of games in that franchise. Yeah, none.
And no, portability of "console" quality games isnt a selling point anymore ever since Smartphones exist.
As for Gravity Rush... while i liked it and almost was a system seller for me - it truly is not a system seller for the mainstream gamer on oh so many levels.

Touchscreens are not a selling point anymore ever since the DS came out and every Smartphone has one.
Its a requirement at this point, not a selling point. Secondly, Rear Touch. Reach Touch is bullshit and Sony could've saved alot of money not implementing that. And the whole "its powerful" thing is certainly not a selling point, especially if most games look like blegh anyway.

Its the same reason why Sony's all other departments are failing.
Nothing they do truly is "new". Its just... "we jammed alot of expensive shit in our device, so its good and you should totally buy it."
Thats not how it works.

As for 2K and Capcom, i dont think they had deals with Sony as they where probably expecting it to sell well - just like at the start of the 3DS there where lots of devs planning shit for the 3DS, but then pulled back due the low sales at launch

Capcom basically completely abandoned the Vita in favor of the 3DS and Smartphones. (But they did have a SFxT Deal)
And i already explained 2K's standpoint.

3DS had the same issue in the beginning, it wasnt really "new" and it only had the 3D to go for.
Nintendo though was clever by dropping the price and producing first class system-seller games and will only push the system further with the launch of really new Pokemon Games.

The Vita isnt completely dead yet and it all depends what Sony is doing in 2013 with it.

Hakudamashi

So what you're saying is, people aren't gonna pay so much money for a second analog stick?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay