New Drawing of an old fan character...

Started by Mau, February 10, 2010, 12:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mau

Meet Strika the Cat, she's one of my oldest fan characters, and well, probably the oldest one I can remember creating because I think I made a lot of them. ^^;
Today I thought about reviving her as a character, and doing a re-write (if I ever get around to it with my busy schedule and short attention span) of an old fanfic titled "Amy Rose: Girl Power." (Yeah it's about Amy, and Strika plays an important role in the story)
I created her back when I was 14 years old, and looking back on it now, she was REALLY "sue-ish." But I'm planning on tweaking her so that she isn't so sue-ish and (hopefully) will be an interesting character.
What I think made her sue-ish the most is the fact that she was faster than Sonic, so I decided to change that.
Originally, she was a an electrical elemental feline, and the cousin of Big the cat. She was also Amy's childhood friend. She had super speed, electrical powers, and the ability to manipulate magnetism or...well even I can't understand the process but somehow she made herself capable of floating in mid air. I think I made her way too powerful, and being faster than Sonic? Yeah. That doesn't go very well with the Sonic fan community. So I am changing her into a technopath, although she'll still have some super speed capability and electrical power, but she won't be as fast or faster than Sonic. I don't think she'll know Amy this time, but I think I'll keep her as Big's cousin who leaves the city once a year to accompany him on a fishing trip and escape from the city...life...no pun intended. XP Ok, maybe it WAS intended. Also, I'd imagine being wet would short circuit her powers temporarily so...there's a good weakness. (Haha, so she has to take precautions when she showers to make sure she's completely dry when she's done XP)
So anyway, I thought about having Eggman capture her and use her power somehow to get rid of that "blasted hedgehog once and for all!"
Anyway, here's what she looks like, I havn't completely decided on a color scheme. She WAS purple but...I don't think there should be too many more purple cats. XP

Fiamonder

Wow, looks amazing. Better then I can do xD you sure love cats.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Mau

Thanks. And yeah I'm kind of obsessed with cats. But what can you do? They're just so furry, soft and sweet and cuddly and playful.
My biggest challenge really, is creating a fan character that isn't a cat. xx;

Falzar102

:)

Firestar36