Portal 2 - New Co-op Teaser & New Concepts

Started by Super Sonic Boom, September 18, 2010, 11:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Sonic Boom

Portal 2 may not come out until 2011 but Valve was at PAX 2010 (a gaming convention) ready to release their full trailer for the new co-op features that will be included in the game. Everything about this looks epic and it appears that this has turned some "believers" of this being a "re-hash of Portal" into firm believers that Portal 2 will be a horse of a different color but with the same things we've all come to enjoy from the original Portal.

PAX 2010 -  Full Portal 2 Co-op Trailer [CC] [HD Available]

Questions:

• Are you looking forward to Portal 2 with this trailer or any other trailers...will you buy it?
  • If you are buying it, which system will you play it on? Xbox 360/Playstation 3/PC or Mac (Steam)

Jazz Nova

F*CKING EPIC!
I read the Gameinformer on it and it said that Portal 2 is completely different...
And the Co-Op seems to be quite epic
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Jazz Nova on September 19, 2010, 12:56:56 AM
F*CKING EPIC!
I read the Gameinformer on it and it said that Portal 2 is completely different...
And the Co-Op seems to be quite epic

If they were to play a bit of the teaser trailer music during co-op, that'd be epic too! =D

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on September 19, 2010, 01:59:29 AM
If they were to play a bit of the teaser trailer music during co-op, that'd be epic too! =D
yeah! Did you know? In Portal 2, there will be BGM placed in certain levels. It's probably for effect

cleewad

I'm gonna get this game on the ps3. It looks awesome
sup :D

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: cleewad on October 02, 2010, 07:34:13 AM
I'm gonna get this game on the ps3. It looks awesome

Are you going to use the online features like Steam Cloud and such to connect to your online account?

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on October 02, 2010, 09:45:23 AM
Are you going to use the online features like Steam Cloud and such to connect to your online account?
Steam Cloud?
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
is it steam for consoles?

Super Sonic Boom

Steam is for the PC, but PS3 will allow for PS3 connection to your Steam account (if I have it right).
Steam Cloud automatically "synchronizes" you with the Steam database and updates your games when updates are out.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on October 02, 2010, 10:28:05 AM
Steam is for the PC, but PS3 will allow for PS3 connection to your Steam account (if I have it right).
Steam Cloud automatically "synchronizes" you with the Steam database and updates your games when updates are out.

Only for PS3?
Not for 360?

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Jazz Nova on October 02, 2010, 03:01:47 PM
Only for PS3?
Not for 360?

Only PS3 will support Steam Cloud on the consoles, unless you get the PC/Mac version.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on October 02, 2010, 03:27:12 PM
Only PS3 will support Steam Cloud on the consoles, unless you get the PC/Mac version.
(if I get a 360) I'll get the PC version first, then get the 360 version
But if I get a PS3, I'll get the PS3 version first, then the PC version.
Or get either.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Jazz Nova on October 02, 2010, 03:42:36 PM
(if I get a 360) I'll get the PC version first, then get the 360 version
But if I get a PS3, I'll get the PS3 version first, then the PC version.
Or get either.

I can buy it (or preorder it) right now if I want to, but the only thing holding me back is the PC specs which I dunno yet.
(I can run 3/5 of the Orange Box games fine, HL2:E2 and TF2 have to run at DirectX 8 to function for me)

Gameazoid