Main Menu

Selling Sonic items on eBay

Started by wELCOME cONSUMER, July 31, 2011, 10:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wELCOME cONSUMER

Hi, I'm new to this forum but am glad to be here. Seems like a nice community. So, since I'm new, if this post is in the wrong location, I sincerely apologize. I wasn't sure where, if any, there were merchandise threads.

I've been into Sonic since the beginning. I've played most of the games, even the more unfortunate titles such as Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Shuffle. My apologies to anyone who enjoyed these titles ^_^ They weren't that bad. Funny anecdote: when Sonic CD came out, I didn't own a Sega CD. I couldn't get my mom to understand exactly why I needed an "add on" to my Genesis, so we resorted to renting a Sega CD from Blockbuster (they used to do that sort of thing). I remember being wowed by the anime (then more commonly known as Japanimation, LOL) intro and the soundtrack. I hooked up my boombox to the TV and recorded the game's music onto a cassette. Guess it was my first video game soundtrack.

I also participated in the Blockbuster video game challenge thingie in the '90s when Sonic 3 was one of the games. I did well on Sonic but not so good on whatever basketball game you had to play (was it NBA Jam? Can't recall).

Besides collecting ReSaurus figures, posters, Archie comics, UFO catcher plushies, and other merchandise, the crowning jewel of my collection has to be this animation cel from the Saturday morning cartoon. It's taken from an alternative intro that was storyboarded and even animated but
ultimately scrapped. The most noticeable differences are Sonic's shading and position.

As this board is obviously a hub for some of the hardcore Sonic fans out there, I thought it would be nice to mention that I am auctioning off some of my collectibles. I'd love for them to go to a good home where they will be appreciated. I'm selling a talking Sonic figure, a Cheese Chao plush (I liked Sonic Advance 2), a Rouge the Bat plush, and my incredibly rare Espio the Chameleon plush from Sonic the Fighters (one of the only Sonic games I have not managed to play yet).

I can understand why most forums frown on "spamming" posts about sales but these are items any Sonic collector would be interested in. And I do so want these things to go to people who love Sonic. I sincerely apologize if I've broken any rules or posted in the wrong spot.

wELCOME cONSUMER

Wanted to bump this post because the auctions are ending this week. Get your bids in before it's too late!

shadowDOESrock