Mega-Fan Man-Fan (working title)

Started by Iwillbenapo, October 12, 2011, 11:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenapo

I made this engine because I was bored.

It took 3 hours to make, it was not meant to be good.
Napo.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iwillbenapo on October 12, 2011, 11:42:10 AM
I made this engine because I was bored.

It took 3 hours to make, it was not meant to be good.
Well, it's better than the Sonic one. :P

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Iwillbenapo

Oh be quiet, we resolved to that so now it's better than this thing.

Let's see YOU try making a level select, making Classic Sonic gameplay, making Modern Sonic gameplay, editing and using Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic sprites, fitting in the badniks, finding a background on a slow computer, getting some tiles, make the collisioning exact, have an acceleration/deceleration system, prevent Sonic from stopping at running for no reason, same with grinding, placing the tiles in a 20000 width-ed room, which button's won't glitch up the game, perfecting Modern Sonic gameplay (homing attack, boost), making sure the game doesn't freeze, make Sonic barely have maximum in speed, and making Super Sonic gameplay perfected

In about 2 hours.
Napo.

Tanassy

Quote from: Iwillbenapo on October 13, 2011, 12:33:33 AM
Oh be quiet, we resolved to that so now it's better than this thing.

Let's see YOU try making a level select, making Classic Sonic gameplay, making Modern Sonic gameplay, editing and using Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic sprites, fitting in the badniks, finding a background on a slow computer, getting some tiles, make the collisioning exact, have an acceleration/deceleration system, prevent Sonic from stopping at running for no reason, same with grinding, placing the tiles in a 20000 width-ed room, which button's won't glitch up the game, perfecting Modern Sonic gameplay (homing attack, boost), making sure the game doesn't freeze, make Sonic barely have maximum in speed, and making Super Sonic gameplay perfected

In about 2 hours.

Why do you put so much emphasis on the amount of time (Or lack therof) it takes to make your games? That makes me want to even click "play" on your video LESS.

Supersonic196

You should really stop that background and foreground from following the frame, as moving the same direction of either one of them will create the illusion of slowdown.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on October 13, 2011, 02:32:59 AM
You should really stop that background and foreground from following the frame, as moving the same direction of either one of them will create the illusion of slowdown.
I don't see it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 13, 2011, 02:34:05 AM
I don't see it.
I mean when he moves the way as that foreground, it appears to move slower, and when he moves the opposite direction it looks faster.
because the camera is following it.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on October 13, 2011, 02:36:41 AM
I mean when he moves the way as that foreground, it appears to move slower, and when he moves the opposite direction it looks faster.
because the camera is following it.
I guess. I knew what you meant and watched the video again but I didn't notice anything.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ryltohn

Sonic engine? Where? and DL?
-shot-

I think its cool, based on my experience with GM6. (its hard as crap)
All your bass are belong to me

Iwillbenapo

Hey by the way, I added Djoing, The_mad_one, and Proto Man into the game.
If you want to see the videos for them you can ask me.
Napo.