Your grades do not matter until high school.

Started by TheGameNinja, October 18, 2011, 03:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

At least based on my school experience, your grades do not matter (for the most part) until you are in high school. And they don't really matter at all if you don't go to college. And if you go straight from high school to college, your senior year grades don't matter. Elementary school grades? Meaningless. Middle school grades? The only ones that matter are one that will allow you to skip classes in high school. High school grades only matter if you are going to college, and like I said if you go to college straight out of high school (as long as you get accepted before the school year's over) your senior year doesn't matter because the grade won't be on your transcript at that point. As for college, A students don't get a better degree than C students. You can try for honors if you want, but Cs get degrees. And only your first job will care what your GPA was. After that its based on past work experience.

And thus, did I ruin what a lot of your parents have been telling you for years.

Not saying you shouldn't try to get good grades. Not at all. But no one should worry about their grades unless they are failing. I would stress out a lot in middle school over my grades and it wasn't until high school that I realized this. And its criminal that most teachers and parents don't want their kids to know this.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 18, 2011, 03:09:02 PM
At least based on my school experience, your grades do not matter (for the most part) until you are in high school. And then, if you go straight from high school to college, your senior year grades don't matter. Elementary school grades? Meaningless. Middle school grades? The only ones that matter are one that will allow you to skip classes in high school. High school grades only matter if you are going to college, and like I said if you go to college straight out of high school (as long as you get accepted before the school year's over) your senior year doesn't matter because the grade won't be on your transcript at that point. As for college, A students don't get a better degree than C students. You can try for honors if you want, but Cs get degrees.

And thus, did I ruin what a lot of your parents have been telling you for years.
My parents told me this from the start and I still dropped out.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

-updated it a little-

Well its good to know some kids are being told the truth. Lying to children is evil. And so is most of the American school system.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 18, 2011, 03:14:22 PM
-updated it a little-

Well its good to know some kids are being told the truth. Lying to children is evil. And so is most of the American school system.
My teachers straight up told us they didn't know why we had to learn what they were teaching. =P

Also, being told to get good grades in grade school kind of boosts your morale and gets you used to hard work so you can succeed in High School.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Yeah, but too much emphasis is placed on the grades themselves.

JetTheHawk

im fucking smart but i never do work lulz, like i get a's in test but dont really do homework and stuff
NO SIGNATURE

Dracoslythe

lol try telling that to my mom.
In 5th grade, I got my first C ever in American History and my mom grounded me for a month.

xSalashawty

As of now, I don't know where my parents went to college. My dad went to A LOT of schools varying around CA. My mom, I don't know. I know she took college to be a pediactrician (at least). Since they were raised in the Philipines, they either got pressured or had a different grading system. They didn't say I always needed good grades, as long as I didn't get straight b's or multiple c's. Thing is, I'm planning to go to an advanced college, so yeah. GPA of 3.9's or higher or no college.

y'know what else? My teacher(s) fuckin lied to me.
Quote from: JetTheHawk. on October 18, 2011, 04:07:41 PM
im fucking smart but i never do work lulz, like i get a's in test but dont really do homework and stuff

Y U SO VAIN. It's photographic memory. Usually people like us tend to take knowledge of it very early. I have it too and I'm smartest kid who doesn't study at all. Everyone has it, some people develop it quick that they can spell a 20 letter word looking at it once. Some don't know of its exsistance. It's just too wonderful and compelling.

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

TheGameNinja

Obviously this won't count for people that are aiming for a high end education, but if you're just going to a state university this will probably hold true.

Scholarships, too. If you're going for a scholarship your grades will matter a little more.

But the whole point of this was to let anyone that doesn't already know that you probably don't need to worry about your grades as much as you probably do.

Tanassy

Grades are still a guide. They grade you (Obviously) on how well you're doing and you use that to scale how good you are at something.

and for those guys who never study, start. Trust me, I thought I was the same, acing school without studying up to year 10. Then in year 11, I failed. Literally failed. That's why I had to bloody work my dick off just to graduate high school after that.

NiGHTS

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on October 18, 2011, 07:03:14 PM
Grades are still a guide. They grade you (Obviously) on how well you're doing and you use that to scale how good you are at something.

and for those guys who never study, start. Trust me, I thought I was the same, acing school without studying up to year 10. Then in year 11, I failed. Literally failed. That's why I had to bloody work my dick off just to graduate high school after that.

Didn't revise for my GCSE's and did well, AS levels, B,C,D,D... what? still got back into school but I have to resit the two D's :< FUCK YOU A- LEVEL LANGUAGES

It's funny cause i put the most work in for the two subjects I had gotten D's in : D
fuck you revision fuck you

Tanassy

it was probably because you weren't studying in an efficient way.

NiGHTS

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on October 19, 2011, 07:39:05 AM
it was probably because you weren't studying in an efficient way.

No, I just don't generally do well in exams that require thought. I mean the B was RS which is writing 4 essays in an hour and 20 mins. That is easy and only really requires the ability to write at Godlike speeds.

German and Spanish (two D's)... Yeah those were just shit.  (still technically a pass at AS <.<>.>)