Has anyone seen Mouryou no Hako?

Started by Supersonic196, January 19, 2012, 09:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supersonic196

Tanassy

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on January 19, 2012, 09:55:03 AM
No I haven't, what is it?
I'm not 100% sure, I heard it's a lot like death note with it's writing and tone, and it has to do with detectives tracking down a serial killer or something like that. I was gonna try it, I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it.

Tanassy

...Soo I assume it's an anime then?

I never liked Death Note so..

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on January 19, 2012, 10:24:40 AM
...Soo I assume it's an anime then?
Yeah it's an anime.

I personally loved every bit of death note, the writing was great, and there were some really clever moments and smart plot twists.
The tone was always consistently gloomy, and the situations were always somewhat plausible (besides the last episode's use of highly pressurized blood)

I guess I'm just attracted to dark anime...?

Tanassy

I like dark anime too, though I tend to hang around either the horror genre or phychological thrillers.. I just wasn't really that.. interested in Death Note. But you could say it was a long time ago and I probably wasn't in the mood when I was shown it. I might consider putting it at the end of my very long list of anime-to-watch.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on January 19, 2012, 10:52:56 AM
I like dark anime too, though I tend to hang around either the horror genre or phychological thrillers.. I just wasn't really that.. interested in Death Note. But you could say it was a long time ago and I probably wasn't in the mood when I was shown it. I might consider putting it at the end of my very long list of anime-to-watch.
I love horror anime, I really don't enjoy stories with more action than plot though. So death note was a fantastic show for me.

Baccano was brilliant too, it had some fantastic dialogue between characters, while still having a lot of action.

Those are my two favorite animes, Darker than black is next on my list, have you seen that?

Tanassy

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 19, 2012, 11:00:34 AM
I love horror anime, I really don't enjoy stories with more action than plot though. So death note was a fantastic show for me.

Baccano was brilliant too, it had some fantastic dialogue between characters, while still having a lot of action.

Those are my two favorite anime, Darker than black is next on my list, have you seen that?
Nope, I haven't seen any of those. My two favourite anime would be Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and Shikabane Hime. Both Horror. (Though Madoka is more psych-thrill)

P.S: You people need to learn that ANIME IS A PLURAL! :I

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on January 19, 2012, 11:32:47 AM
Nope, I haven't seen any of those. My two favourite anime would be Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and Shikabane Hime. Both Horror. (Though Madoka is more psych-thrill)

What about Kissxsis? *shot*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 19, 2012, 11:35:30 AM
What about Kissxsis? *shot*
KissXSis would be on my top ten but I'm not sure where. Depends if you include the OVA's...

Though I reckon that Ika Musume has passed KissXSis on the list.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on January 19, 2012, 11:32:47 AM
I thought it was, but I was more worried about catching flak for not using an S :U

Tanassy

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 19, 2012, 11:47:02 AM
I thought it was, but I was more worried about catching flak for not using an S :U
No, it's definitely a plural. Same as Otaku. And a lot of other words ending in u.

karloskombat