Nitronic Rush, a game you should all play

Started by nazo unleashed, March 05, 2012, 04:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nazo unleashed

Nitronic Rush is an experimental survival driving game. Using the car's many abilities (including boost, wings, and jump), avoid obstacles that the city throws at you. In many ways the game is a tribute to racing games of the 1990s but with fresh graphics, audio, and gameplay.

Honest to god, this game is amazing, i'm not one for racing (Sorry, it's a driving game, no racing here, no sir-ree) games, but this is just A-MA-ZING, It was built from the ground up in c++, no templates, no premade engines, FROM SCRATCH and that's something that retail games don't even have nowadays. IMO this is one of the best, most impressive games i've ever played before, it's short though, and that's just about the only think i hate about it.

jkid101094

Quote from: Robert Neal on March 05, 2012, 04:29:16 PM

Nitronic Rush is an experimental survival driving game. Using the car's many abilities (including boost, wings, and jump), avoid obstacles that the city throws at you. In many ways the game is a tribute to racing games of the 1990s but with fresh graphics, audio, and gameplay.

Honest to god, this game is amazing, i'm not one for racing (Sorry, it's a driving game, no racing here, no sir-ree) games, but this is just A-MA-ZING, It was built from the ground up in c++, no templates, no premade engines, FROM SCRATCH and that's something that retail games don't even have nowadays. IMO this is one of the best, most impressive games i've ever played before, it's short though, and that's just about the only think i hate about it.
I've heard of it. People at my college of choice made it. Digipen.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

I've played the fuck out of this, great game but it's a little rough around the edges. As long as they keep pumping content into it like they are it'll be a classic.

However I beg to differ, many retail games nowadays still take the "from scartch" approach, and believe it or not there are plenty of new IPs popping up all over the place.

Snooky

Nitronic? Nitrogen is present in a lot of my favorite psychoactive chemicals. This appeals to me. It also rhymes with Sonic.

Rush? I like a good adrenaline (or otherwise) rush every now and then. This appeals to me as well.

Sounds like a sexalicious game ;)

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Snooky on March 06, 2012, 03:06:42 AM
Nitronic? Nitrogen is present in a lot of my favorite psychoactive chemicals. This appeals to me. It also rhymes with Sonic.

Rush? I like a good adrenaline (or otherwise) rush every now and then. This appeals to me as well.

Sounds like a sexalicious game ;)

Holy shit snooky's back.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.