Capcom to reveal Lost Planet Spin-off for 3DS... and PlayStation 3.

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 16, 2012, 07:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Nobody expected a 3DS spinoff of Lost Planet ... and nobody definitely expected a 3DS-slash-PS3 spinoff. EX Troopers, revealed in this week's Famitsu magazine, is also unexpectedly anime styled, featuring manga panel cutscenes and a theme by Jpop star May'n.

EX Troopers takes place on EDN-3rd, in some kind of academy. Bren Turner is new in school, and seems to jump right into the Akrid fighting.

So, who here bought a Vita?

jkid101094

This, and this only, is the only reason I would ever buy a Vita:

I would eat a puppy's scrotum if this got a 3DS rerelease, especially since SMT just got a 3DS game.

As for this game my only other encounter with Lost Planet was the robot in TvC. I'll have to give this a try.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

It so colourful. Also, did i just see hub-worlds with quests n' shit? I'm in.
I hope you can play all of those characters shown at the end.
And that music...
Oh dear god, please have a western release.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 17, 2012, 07:07:39 AM

It so colourful. Also, did i just see hub-worlds with quests n' shit? I'm in.
I hope you can play all of those characters shown at the end.
And that music...
Oh dear god, please have a western release.
Can anyone explain to my why there is no PSVita ver?
And that guy with the pink hair rubs me the wrong way...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2012, 07:23:39 AM
Can anyone explain to my why there is no PSVita ver?
And that guy with the pink hair rubs me the wrong way...

The Vita is STILL selling less than the old PSP and the per-week sales are falling faster on the Vita than on the PSP.
Thats the reason.

No dev is gonna spend money on that thing. Sony really has to show something you can do with the Vita at E3 or that thing will be a goner.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 17, 2012, 07:36:10 AM
The Vita is STILL selling less than the old PSP and the per-week sales are falling faster on the Vita than on the PSP.
Why? What's it not doing?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2012, 07:37:46 AM
Why? What's it not doing?

It seems that the 3DS is just the better value for most people, with more games and smaller price.
On top of that, there is the chain-effect. If most friends of little tim bought a 3DS, he is probably not gonna buy a Vita.

And there is like... absolutely nothing coming out for Vita, aside from a few multi-platform games and almost no worthwhile exclusives.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 17, 2012, 07:46:57 AM
It seems that the 3DS is just the better value for most people, with more games and smaller price.
On top of that, there is the chain-effect. If most friends of little tim bought a 3DS, he is probably not gonna buy a Vita.

And there is like... absolutely nothing coming out for Vita, aside from a few multi-platform games and almost no worthwhile exclusives.
Wait, so people don't want a Vita cause there are no games
There are no games because noone has a Vita
Noone has a Vita because they got a 3DS
People have a 3DS because it has games
3DS has games because it came out first...

So, the 3DS is outselling the Vita, not because it's better, but because it came out first?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2012, 07:52:09 AM
Wait, so people don't want a Vita cause there are no games
There are no games because noone has a Vita
Noone has a Vita because they got a 3DS
People have a 3DS because it has games
3DS has games because it came out first...

So, the 3DS is outselling the Vita, not because it's better, but because it came out first?
As of right now it's the better value, silly.

It's like how the 3DS had shit at launch. They knocked down their price, stepped up their game and all was good again.

The 3DS gimmick is still useless, but at least there are things on it I want to play. P4 is the only good Vita game as far as I know.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 17, 2012, 07:56:35 AM
As of right now it's the better value, silly.

It's like how the 3DS had shit at launch. They knocked down their price, stepped up their game and all was good again.

The 3DS gimmick is still useless, but at least there are things on it I want to play. P4 is the only good Vita game as far as I know.
But from what I understand, this is a result of the 3DS coming out first, not because it's the better system. As in, other than the obvious dual screen thing, what does the 3DS itself have over the Vita? I personally want to say 3DS is better cause 3D is f*cking awesome, but many people don't agree on that...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2012, 08:04:11 AM
But from what I understand, this is a result of the 3DS coming out first, not because it's the better system. As in, other than the obvious dual screen thing, what does the 3DS itself have over the Vita? I personally want to say 3DS is better cause 3D is f*cking awesome, but many people don't agree on that...
Backwards compatibility for one. I mean when you think about it Wind, there arent many people that buy a PSP or Vita for games other than EA Sports franchise. I barely know people that i have original PSP for games and the ones i do know felt jilted when they learned that PSVita couldnt play all the PSP games they got. Putting 3G aint gonna do shit for it since people have SmartPhones and Tablets for that. Mostly Sony fans wold get it or those who want to play that new CoD game that is coming out later for the system later.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2012, 08:15:44 AM
F*ck, now I remember why I didn't want a Vita anymore, lol.

This was also the reason i killed my pre-order for that system.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay