Recruiting People For A New Sonic Site (SonicVault for now)

Started by HyperGemerl, December 27, 2012, 02:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HyperGemerl

*THIS IS NOT TO STEAL THE GLORY FROM SONICZONE* The more people, the easier and quicker this will develop.We need as much help as we can possibly assemble to make this website a reality. SonicVault is the name for now. It will consist of Sprites, Online Sonic Games, Forums, Chatroom, Media, Streams, Complete Walkthroughs (video and text), Tips and Cheats, info on all Sonic games, and absolutely NO ROMS and Emulators, etc.  The site will have a YouTube channel in which we will strive to have a complete walkthrough of EVERY SINGLE Sonic released. We want to be great enough to be recognized by SEGA themselves, but for a good cause (the reason ROMS are prohibited). We want to be greater than Sonic Stadium at least. We will be the Sonic version of ZeldaDungeon basically. 9but better). Recognition from SEGA will boost our chances of actually being a part of SonicTeam, and submitting ideas and such. Please join if you would like to assist us in creating the ULTIMATE Sonic fan site.Trust me. It will be worth it... So much better than alone. (Recruited people so far: NazoUnleashed, TwilightPalm, DeSmAoTnAiNc, Randomsonicfan, Crawfeesh, LeaflamingMexican...) Let's do this...
No way, I can't believe this!

Halen

Whaddya want me to actually do? I could draw something then scan it... use that as advertising.

Gilly

We need advertising to get people HERE as it is let alone helping you with your site lol.

Chimmy Chonga

Quote from: John Gillis on December 27, 2012, 04:31:30 PM
We need advertising to get people HERE as it is let alone helping you with your site lol.
Not to mention his site will probably never get off the ground with the insanely high expectations he has and the little amount of people he even managed to get on board.

shrinky dinks

HyperGemerl

Quote from: Stachekip on December 27, 2012, 04:32:37 PM
Not to mention his site will probably never get off the ground with the insanely high expectations he has and the little amount of people he even managed to get on board.
I plan on having a HUGE amount of people.

Post Merge: December 27, 2012, 09:18:26 PM

Quote from: John Gillis on December 27, 2012, 04:31:30 PM
I've advertised this site much in the past. Helping it get likes on FB for SonicZone+, just telling people that it's an awesome site and recommending they join it.

Chimmy Chonga

Quote from: HyperGemerl on December 27, 2012, 05:16:53 PM
I plan on having a HUGE amount of people.

Post Merge: December 27, 2012, 09:18:26 PM
I've advertised this site much in the past. Helping it get likes on FB for SonicZone+, just telling people that it's an awesome site and recommending they join it.

If you advertise and truly care for our site, why are you suddenly jumping to making your own dumb site?

Also, the people you've recruited for your site appear to have done it just for the hell of it and don't even seem to truly care for this project, and will likely forget about it within a month tops just as you will.

Everything you plan to put on this site has been done by other sites already. Just because your site plans to do all of them at once doesn't make it unique or great, it's just unnecessary and is likely to fail due to how cluttered the site will end up because of ALL the pages that have to be created for each and every feature you promise. This is just a pipe dream that will most likely never even get off the ground.

shrinky dinks

Sloggy

Halen

If we all stopped being big bitches, then maybe we'd get somewhere. We don't know if it's gonna be the best site in the world, so why are you guys judging too fast? if you just pitch in, then maybe we might have the biggest site (Depending on how much harddisk space Gemerl has). Hell, we could be the next Sonic Retro.

HyperGemerl

Quote from: Stachekip on December 27, 2012, 09:22:04 PM
If you advertise and truly care for our site, why are you suddenly jumping to making your own dumb site?

Also, the people you've recruited for your site appear to have done it just for the hell of it and don't even seem to truly care for this project, and will likely forget about it within a month tops just as you will.

Everything you plan to put on this site has been done by other sites already. Just because your site plans to do all of them at once doesn't make it unique or great, it's just unnecessary and is likely to fail due to how cluttered the site will end up because of ALL the pages that have to be created for each and every feature you promise. This is just a pipe dream that will most likely never even get off the ground.
ok

jkid101094

I don't mind your idea, Gemerl, and I wish the best of luck to you, but my heart is with Sonic ZONE and I don't plan on supporting any other Sonic sites.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

HyperGemerl

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 28, 2012, 10:40:01 AM
I don't mind your idea, Gemerl, and I wish the best of luck to you, but my heart is with Sonic ZONE and I don't plan on supporting any other Sonic sites.
Thanks, bro. Means a lot to not have someone doubt me for once. And it's cool. Not gonna force anyone lol

Post Merge: December 28, 2012, 07:40:42 PM

Quote from: Sloggy on December 27, 2012, 09:48:46 PM
I Can Tell This is going nowhere fast.
I can tell that you're judging too fast. It's only been a day.

Post Merge: December 28, 2012, 07:53:42 PM

Quote from: Stachekip on December 27, 2012, 09:22:04 PM

I do care for this site, but that really isn't a good reason for me not to at least try to make one of my own. This site has inspired me. Take this for example... You get a new game, and you love it. You love it so much, that it has inspired you to make your own one day. Is there something wrong with that? It will not be dumb. Don't insult my site when it hasn't even began development yet. People I've recruited.. Seem. They seem like they don't care. You're assuming we don't care about our project. I'll tell you where you are wrong, I certainly care. And you really don't know how the others feel. That's why I will keep working on this site, so we don't forget about and and so the recruited people will realize how serious I am about this. And most likely, no matter what you put on a site, it has already been done by another site. People take ideas all the time, but strive to make that idea even better. If it does become cluttered, we will organize it the best we can. Look at wikis... They're pretty damn cluttered with thousands of pages and no one complains. But ok.. You do have a point. Thanks for your thoughts.

Post Merge: December 28, 2012, 07:55:20 PM

Quote from: LeaflameSD64 on December 28, 2012, 05:10:03 AM
If we all stopped being big bitches, then maybe we'd get somewhere. We don't know if it's gonna be the best site in the world, so why are you guys judging too fast? if you just pitch in, then maybe we might have the biggest site (Depending on how much harddisk space Gemerl has). Hell, we could be the next Sonic Retro.
Thanks for the support.