Monster Hunter Online

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 18, 2013, 05:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Okay so

This aint an MMO.
This is 4Player Co-Op Monster Hunter for free with an microtransaction store obviously.
Major changes are RPG-like DMG Numbers and a Leveling System.
The core gameplay itself is based around MH3U and not MH4 though

Intro

And some beta gameplay

The Best (or worst) part is though that out of all recent MH announcements this is probably the only one that has a chance for a western release.

Tanassy

If this gets a western release I will play this game forever and never play a single other game ever again.

It's pretty as fuck, it'll have a nice framerate, with the mechanics, progression and content of the games we know and love since the first game and no forced social elements. That, along with it being a F2P online game, updates and support are assured this time around, unlike the console and handheld games. It's the most god damn perfect thing ever, and the best part is there won't be an enhanced version we'll have to re-buy every 6 months.

I will give all my money to this game if it's good in any case.

Honestly, I know graphics don't make a game, but if there was one thing I didn't like about previous MH games it was the graphics. I always thought that handheld systems (And by extension, ports) never did the monsters or the landscapes any justice. This new overhaul in the visuals, combined with the solid gameplay we have already will be downright brilliant. I can't help but jizz all over my monitor just looking at that demo. brb cleaning that up.

if there's one thing I can say I don't like about that demo, it's the UI, and the damage counters. I get that it has RPG damage and progression now, but the whole fun was not knowing how much damage you were dealing, making sure you were careful with your moves, and looking at the monster to tell how hurt it was. Regarding the UI, it's WAY too cluttered and I hope it can be modified similarly to other MMOs, where I can scale elements down or remove them all together. That includes things like the map, player bars, inventory, chat window and status windows.

I have no doubt it'll play even better with a gamepad, let's hope it has decent support in that regard.

Hakudamashi

I dunno about you guys, but I think Iris likes Monster Hunter...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 06, 2013, 07:59:32 PM
I dunno about you guys, but I think Iris likes Monster Hunter...

Fo' real?

Hakudamashi

Fo' Sho
Just a guess though...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay