Harvest Moon: Connect to a New World

Started by jkid101094, April 21, 2014, 11:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So I fangasmed over A New Beginning but then found out this was a thing. This is the newer of the two and here are some bullet points from the wiki as to why you should care:

QuoteYou can change your character's hair style and color, eyes, skin color, gender, the hat you wear, your glasses if you choose to wear them, clothing outfits, and up to three accessories.

The object placement system is also in this version, both for your farm and for the town itself, but it is unknown yet whether you have to place villager housing or you are just managing the layout and aesthetic feel of Oak Tree Town. You will have a workshop on your farm, just like in ANB, to craft objects. You can buy crafting materials from Geizer the town carpenter. His shop is managed by his spouse Kuron. You can also decorate and customize the interior of your house not only with wallpaper and carpet, but object design and placement such as cabinets, beds, decorations, etc.

You can set up a wildlife safari, housing a variety of exotic animals such as monkeys and parrots. The safari will be toured by the other villagers, but no scoring system (if any) has been announced yet. There will be wild items that you can only find within your safari, and the mine is also located inside the borders of your exotic animal area.

The game is centered around the other lands in the game. The countries have specialty trades that you can buy from, and they will buy preferred items from you such as animals and clothing accessories There is a Trade Station set up in the game where all of the in-game countries will visit and set up store. Interacting with the other in-game countries will unlock new things. The Trade Station will also have requests from countries (sort of like the message boards in Tale of Two Towns).

Besides the wildlife safari, the new animals so far are the Angora Rabbit you can care for on your farm, the deer that is used for transporting goods to the Trade Station, the Brahman cow, a camel (produces hair), goat, and the new brown Araucana chicken that lays high quality eggs. Normal sheep, white chickens, silkie chickens, the A New Beginning hair toupe cows, white alpaca, suffolk sheep, jersey cow, and llama so far are confirmed to return.
Dogs, cats, and horses as pets are now available. You can ride the horse, the dog herds your livestock animals, and a cat will find items for you.

Crops will be planted in a 3x3 square. Sowing, watering, and harvesting can now be done to the entire 3x3 field instead of one at a time, which allows you to care for more fields in less time.

MAQL is collaborating with Nintendo to put Super Mario themed crops into the game. You can grow the growth super mushroom, the fire flower, and the invincibility star on your farm. These crops will have special benefits. The fire flower clears your fields of dead crops, and the star appears to fertilize. The mushroom makes crops grow faster or larger; it is hard to tell at the moment.

The game will have wifi/internet connectivity and 3DS StreetPass with other players. With the StreetPass, the people you SP data with will become characters in your game, and you can see their data profile information (character name, farm name, year, portrait, shipping profit, etc.). You can also wifi connect with other players to visit their farms and tend to their crops and animals. You also can trade items.

You can go fishing with a fishing pole, or you can go swimming off of the river docks to catch fish and other items in the water.

*squee*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I'm not sure what it is in that huge mountain of text that I should be excited about.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on April 21, 2014, 12:08:29 PM
I'm not sure what it is in that huge mountain of text that I should be excited about.
You're dead to me.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 21, 2014, 12:47:37 PM
You're dead to me.

I'm just saying that I've never played a Harvest Moon game before so I don't know how significant these improvements are.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on April 21, 2014, 01:02:03 PM
I'm just saying that I've never played a Harvest Moon game before so I don't know how significant these improvements are.
Quote from: jkid101094 on April 21, 2014, 12:47:37 PM
You're dead to me.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.