SonicZone is slowly going to die?!

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 16, 2009, 12:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonicmaddave

Yes, Sonic Retro are so picky even on usernames, 'sonicchaos' was a username too generic to them. I thought to myself "oh well stuff you lot then if you all are so picky"

EchidnaPower

Quote from: Joseppi on December 22, 2009, 07:15:20 AM
The problem with Sonic Retro is that the admins there are egocentric asshats. They actually make members discuss in a thread why they DESERVE to be a member before they can access the entire forum. Yeah, it's a good way to keep out the idiots and spammers, but it really makes them look like that have some type of god complex. That is why I have no interest in that site.

As for us, we're far from dead. Yeah, we may have a lot of inactive members, but all large forums do. We still have a lot of active members as well. Just look at the mod election. I have never been to a forum that has had so many people running for moderator. Just those members that are running are active and very good posters here.

If anyone finds this place boring, we are more than happy to take suggestions on what you all want.

John made a good choice in making you an admin. The Sonic Zone will never die!

I love Jesus! Do you?

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 07:22:50 AM
Yes, Sonic Retro are so picky even on usernames, 'sonicchaos' was a username too generic to them. I thought to myself "oh well stuff you lot then if you all are so picky"
darknight/Ben the werehog and kingofflames are one of them.

well somehow people with those names aren't idiots as others think

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 22, 2009, 07:26:15 AM
darknight/Ben the werehog and kingofflames are one of them.

well somehow people with those names aren't idiots as others think
wait Ben is on those forums? How on earth can he manage to get on there while I wasn't allowed. It's mad. :o

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 07:27:57 AM
wait Ben is on those forums? How on earth can he manage to get on there while I wasn't allowed. It's mad. :o
nah I mean the real idiots

EchidnaPower

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 07:27:57 AM

I don't think that's what he meant Dave. I think he's using Ben as an example.

I love Jesus! Do you?

zune-the-hedgehog

Quote from: EchidnaPower on December 21, 2009, 04:23:56 PM
You trying to bring us down man? This forum is doing just fine.

No, and yes it is I'm just giving a theory on why the forum may be less active.

sonicmaddave

Oh right got it both of you. :P I have been awake for 2 hours and it's 5:30am here, so yeah. Well the staff on sonic retro seem to be rather stuck up and rude.

Joseppi

Quote from: EchidnaPower
John made a good choice in making you an admin. The Sonic Zone will never die!

Thank you. That means a lot. We're all in this together. A forum is nothing without the members as along as we have dedicated members who care about this community, we will stay alive.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 07:31:41 AM
Oh right got it both of you. :P I have been awake for 2 hours and it's 5:30am here, so yeah. Well the staff on sonic retro seem to be rather stuck up and rude.
That's how SonicZone broke the impression of "admins" to me. ;)

zune-the-hedgehog

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 21, 2009, 08:12:03 PM
It would be no use to release such things when we don't have enough active members
Go to Sonic Retro if you really like it then
I'm on X-Cult, Sonic Retro, This forum, and others. But the people on X-Cult are assholes if your not at least 56 years old and I got glitch-ed on Sonic Retro and cant post. And this place is still cool discoveries or not.

Post Merge: December 22, 2009, 12:35:44 PM

Quote from: KirbySoul11 on December 22, 2009, 01:50:38 AM
This place is doing fine. And it's getting Better.

Now I must say that is true I'm currently trying to post and the forum says that 3 other ppl are posting at the same time so no worries this place is plenty active.

Joseppi

One thing we have to remember is, it's the holiday season. And a lot of people are out doing other things. Most websites lose traffic around this time of year. After the new year, I'm sure things will pick up. Not to mention, a lot of people will be getting computers for Christmas and I'm sure some of them will discover this place for the first time.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Joseppi on December 22, 2009, 07:39:28 AM
One thing we have to remember is, it's the holiday season. And a lot of people are out doing other things. Most websites lose traffic around this time of year. After the new year, I'm sure things will pick up. Not to mention, a lot of people will be getting computers for Christmas and I'm sure some of them will discover this place for the first time.
Yeah, positive thinking  ;) (Angry German Kid reference)
When situations turns out bad, we can advertise again!

Joseppi

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll
When situations turns out bad, we can advertise again!

I do it everyday and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Joseppi on December 22, 2009, 07:50:45 AM
I do it everyday and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
How? ???

Well thanks a lot of for advertising, now I know what's keeping SonicZone with new members. :)