hey guys! im back! wanna read about my recent medical charity trip? (miss me?)

Started by chet, February 11, 2010, 11:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

the first day went fast. we arrived in manila, (phillipenes... did i spell that right? ) outside, was kind of... well, third world. i mean, there were kids asking for money from random cars coming by, guys selling random stuff off the street, and really dirty, bum houses. we stayed at a hot sping resort for the night. the place was a LOT better than outside. the grass was evenly cut, stones were placed in the grounds in patterns, the hot springs were clean, and the rooms were... not your 5-star experience, but thery were alot better than living in a typical philipene house.

that night we learned our procedures for the clinic. we were to make a solution of vitamins, minerals, and fish oil. what we did was we (my pastor, not us) would inject the solution into hurting joints and parts of the body that... were really sore. the nutrients would regenerate the worn tendons. its called "regenerative treatment."

my job was to empty out part of a bag of the IV fluid so we could add in the concentrated neutreints and IV fluid (concentrated)

==DAY 2==

the next day we went to a small church to treat the people there. i did the same procedure: emptying out the bags. we split up into groups. one medical team , and the sharing team (i forgot what they were actually called, but they would comfort the people while they were recieving injections or they would pray with them or teach them about jesus.) during our break, my pastor gave a health talk, which was ironic, because he gives alot of health talks, but he never listens to them. he commented on his weight, and i quote: "im three months pregnant."

this night, we stayed in one of the best (THE best?) hotels in manila: edsa-shangri-la. man, that place was heaven. the rooms were huge and downstairs guestes would have access to all the amenities: gym (gime, lol) and the swimming pool. in the rooms were two beds, a minibar, and a glass table with 2 plates, reusable napkins (fabric) and a very pretty plate of fruit. the fruit, unlike the minibar snacks, were included. (the mangoes in the philipenes are THE BEST)

==DAY 3==

the breakfast buffet was, my pastor called it, and once again, i quote: "the best breakfast in all of the philipenes." (HASH BROWNS)

different church. same stuff happening. this time, we got to sing. we sang a song called "the papaya song"

i like bannanas,
i know that mangoes are sweet,
i like papayas (papayas!)
but nothing can beat,
the sweet love of god

i was walking in circles 5 miles and hour,
trying to find my way back to the heavenly father,
the world tasted sweet but soon tasted sour,
so i asked him in and receved the power!
1,2,3,! (repeat song but faster)

we would do the clinic, and we went to a philipeno buffet for 2 dollars
excellent prices! but limited selection.

==day 4==

same things, same old. not much new.

==day 5==
today the same stuff happened, but tonight we had a "fruit party" we would take the fruit in our fruit plates, and head over to (we'll call this guy Jr. 'cause thats what i call him) Jr.'s room and we well... had a party. only the youth went. no adults! we told jokes, played games, and shared dreams. one said "we must have burnt off at LEAST 200 calories laughing.

==day 7==
nothing different happened on this day so ill tell you the story of Jr. see, there was another girl (i cant think off another name to call her so we'll call her a__i_on) i replaced a couple of the letters with underscores.

see, Jr. invented this "prank" called coning. you make a fist, and press your index finger and your thumb against his/her elbows, chin, or if he/she has one, their ponytail. Jr. would cone alot of people, especially a__i_on. later on, a helper that came with us implied that Jr. was hitting on her. i dont know WHAT ideas he was getting Jr. is in middle school, and a__i_on is in COLLEGE. we're not even talking HIGH SCHOOL here! i mean, middle school and high school is aready a WHOLE different league. college, is defenetly somthing else. i mean, she is sort of attractive i must admit, but, again, she's in college, so i dont know THATS gonna work out >.>

==day 8==
today, we went back to hong kong. we stayed in macau, the las vegas of hong kong. there was even a winn there! (the hotel)

we stayed in a three star hotel. dispite the rather low rating, the interior was actually very good. alot better than i expected. marble floors, brass chandeliers, you name it.

==day 9==
by the way, you may have noticed i spelled a couple of words wrong. sorry, i suck at spelling. (me fael languaje erts? tahts anposibel!)

today, we went to a different church. it was conected to an apartment, so i there was people coming in and out the elevators alot. we didd a skit that i must say am pretty proud of. is caleed the "lifehouse everything skit. we did'nt write that skit, but i heard we did it better than some. (i dont mean to brag though ^_^) we set up clinic, and all that.

==day 10-12==
same stuff happened. not much new except we had another party and watched "the Dark Knight"

==day 13==
the main thing that happened today was that we went to dinner in restaurant. but see, on the way there, a__i_on asked her sister to give here a piggy back ride. but during the ride, another team member (who was also a girl) "scooped" her butt. i was thinking "i am not doing that" so instead, i scooped her back, but her jacket and her shirt came up with it too! :'(

i felt horrible afterwards, and of course i apologized later (that was NOT an easy thing to do) she told me
" its okay, as long as you never do it again, and your lucky it was me; anyone elso would have slapped you in the face."

==day 14==
today, we went to this wierd theme park in hong kong called "noah's ark." its kinda weird. i honestly have no idea what you do there. there's no rides, just a hotel with really big rooms (the ones we stayed in. they could fit 8. they had 4 bunk beds. very good in my opinion. at least i didn't have to stay with my mom.) an open stage, a fountain-ish place, and a museum. oh well. at least its religious. lol. i saw some kids coming over for a field trip. i could school is not very fun there. the kids were dressed in military-like formal uniforms. they stood in strict lines. we got a turn on the open stage. we sang, and did the skit again. (there were only 4 people watching. >.<)

we went to a special dinner for the new years (we did the countdown in a bus, how lame DX) where we had a hot pot dinner. i got to try sheep testical! XD

well, i guess thats all to tell you about my mission trip! gah! that was really long wasn't it?
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

EchidnaPower

You may not know me, but I'm proud of anyone who's willing to dedicate their time for a missions trip, or charity, or whatever. As long as it honors God and helps those in need. I hope that came away with something you think is worthwhile, and you will continue to honor the Lord with your dedication. +1 karma

I love Jesus! Do you?

chet

Quote from: EchidnaPower on February 11, 2010, 11:20:34 AM
You may not know me, but I'm proud of anyone who's willing to dedicate their time for a missions trip, or charity, or whatever. As long as it honors God and helps those in need. I hope that came away with something you think is worthwhile, and you will continue to honor the Lord with your dedication. +1 karma

lol cool! thanks. actually, i was a very old member of the site. the reason why i cant post is because the forum doesnt work at my house. well, im a strong chirstian too, lets be friends! ( i hope i can log on more.)
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

EchidnaPower

Quote from: chets mix on February 11, 2010, 11:25:23 AM
lol cool! thanks. actually, i was a very old member of the site. the reason why i cant post is because the forum doesnt work at my house. well, im a strong chirstian too, lets be friends! ( i hope i can log on more.)

Any member of God's family is a friend of mine. ;)

I love Jesus! Do you?