The red faction against Bad Grammar

Started by Taz, March 29, 2010, 04:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowBeautyRocks

*wit a gun* say hello to my little friend!!!!! XD

TheGameNinja

Hey everybody, I found these lying around and thought that we could use them!

...I don't know what we'd use them for, but... here you go.

NiGHTS

Ew, grammar snobbing.

Life's too short to worry about that sorta thing~

TheGameNinja

Quote from: NiGHTS on April 01, 2010, 12:16:59 PM
Ew, grammar snobbing.

Life's too short to worry about that sorta thing~
Literacy equals competency. Horrid grammar makes one appear less intelligent.

In other words, spell check is your friend! If you see the red squiggles, don't hit "Post!"

NiGHTS

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 01, 2010, 12:50:50 PM
Literacy equals competency. Horrid grammar makes one appear less intelligent.

In other words, spell check is your friend! If you see the red squiggles, don't hit "Post!"

So basically, you are saying I should be shallow and want to make myself look good at all cost?

I mean I could type the way we speak here at, "Norn Iron" but that would just confuse you more. xD
Spell check wasn't my friend last week when I put the language to spanish and it was changing all my sentances to some random ones that wern't Spanish (the autocorrect thing that came with spell check)

ChaosDazer

And thats why translating programs suck.
8D
witty sig caption

TheGameNinja

Quote from: NiGHTS on April 01, 2010, 11:42:47 PM
So basically, you are saying I should be shallow and want to make myself look good at all cost?

I mean I could type the way we speak here at, "Norn Iron" but that would just confuse you more. xD
Spell check wasn't my friend last week when I put the language to spanish and it was changing all my sentances to some random ones that wern't Spanish (the autocorrect thing that came with spell check)

I'm not saying that people should make it a point to type perfectly all the time online, I'm just saying that talking in random combinations of leet, emoticons, and abbreviations without using any punctuation or capitalization AND spelling every other word wrong makes the person who typed that look, well, stupid.

NiGHTS

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 02, 2010, 07:21:18 AM
I'm not saying that people should make it a point to type perfectly all the time online, I'm just saying that talking in random combinations of leet, emoticons, and abbreviations without using any punctuation or capitalization AND spelling every other word wrong makes the person who typed that look, well, stupid.

Don't worry im just pulling your leg.
I dont agree with complete grammar snobbing  but well, im against that whole complete leet capitalisation thing.
It just gets annoying when you get people that constanly mock people for spelling etc.
I just don't know which one is worse lol
Basically im saying i hate both of the extremes of the scale

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 01, 2010, 12:02:55 PM
Hey everybody, I found these lying around and thought that we could use them!

...I don't know what we'd use them for, but... here you go.

I'm getting that put on a shirt. xD

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.