It's Still Art. Just Not Drawing. >:U

Started by Dracoslythe, April 04, 2010, 04:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoslythe

Yes, I love making jewelry.
Usually just effing around with kiddie beads, though.
This is my first actual REAL jewelry, and I LOVEEE the way it turned out.  :3
I've been wanting a jade necklace for some time now (everything except the chips and the black seed beads are jade, so I guess you can call this a jade necklace?  xD), and I couldn't find any in stores I liked.  >.>

So I was in Michael's the other day, and decided to check out the beading section for some strange reason (I went in there to get some more Prismacolor colored pencils xD), and those jade beads slapped me in the face.  They weren't far from a display of an oriental collection, but most of the charms there were HUGE (I dug around until I found a little one :3).
Just the jade beads alone weren't enough, so I found some green/earthy-toned chip beads, and tadaaaa;

I love earthy jewelry<3
I think it turned out really pretty.  :3
And it only took like an hour to make, even though I screwed up like 5 times.  xD

TranceRaver83

How much did it cost for all the jade beads?

Dracoslythe

Not sure.
All total, it was like, 70 bucks, but mom bought herself a TON of beads and clasps and stuff.  I think my stuff was like...10-15 bucks?

TranceRaver83

Ah, that's cool.  I'd expect it to cost more if it was jade, though.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on April 04, 2010, 04:18:39 PM
Ah, that's cool.  I'd expect it to cost more if it was jade, though.

It's probably not real jade. xD
But whatever.  It's still pretty<3

TranceRaver83

Quote from: Dracoslythe on April 04, 2010, 04:20:34 PM
It's probably not real jade. xD
But whatever.  It's still pretty<3
Yeah, it is.  Looks profesionally made, also.

CradledEggle

COPY PASTE -
Wow, your really good at this =o my step mom and aunt do this kinda of stuff alot, i've only done it once from my old girlfreind, but i'm not that good. you did a really good job C=
------
~Circa 2009; We were kids back then, just looking for a past time~

sonic adventures 123

Shadow26

Quote from: Rendel The Wolf on April 04, 2010, 05:10:35 PM
COPY PASTE

Quote from: Dracoslythe on April 04, 2010, 04:03:26 PM
Yes, I love making jewelry.
Usually just effing around with kiddie beads, though.
This is my first actual REAL jewelry, and I LOVEEE the way it turned out.  :3
I've been wanting a jade necklace for some time now (everything except the chips and the black seed beads are jade, so I guess you can call this a jade necklace?  xD), and I couldn't find any in stores I liked.  >.>

So I was in Michael's the other day, and decided to check out the beading section for some strange reason (I went in there to get some more Prismacolor colored pencils xD), and those jade beads slapped me in the face.  They weren't far from a display of an oriental collection, but most of the charms there were HUGE (I dug around until I found a little one :3).
Just the jade beads alone weren't enough, so I found some green/earthy-toned chip beads, and tadaaaa;

I love earthy jewelry<3
I think it turned out really pretty.  :3
And it only took like an hour to make, even though I screwed up like 5 times.  xD
Wow,that's pretty cool.I like the symbol. :)

kingdomkid94

Smile jebus loves u =D ^^

ChaosShadow101

Wow.Epic necklace. xP +1 for awesomeness. xD