Pokemon Black and White

Started by TheGameNinja, April 08, 2010, 08:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on September 05, 2010, 09:14:39 AM
Besides the soundtrack,what was so bad about R&S?
Where to start? XD

Animated sprites were gone, and those were introduced with Crystal (yes, I know, Emerald had them, but that's beside the point).
Day and night, along with everything that was dependent on time or what day it was aside from Espeon and Umbreon, were removed.
A lot of Pokemon had seemingly been removed from the games entirely.
There was no way at all to connect to previous games.
The radio feature was gone. I know, that's probably nitpicking, but I liked the feature.
Gold/Silver/Crystal had been story-wise sequels to Red and Blue. Ruby and Sapphire's story had nothing to do with them.
There were 10 more legendaries. Generation I only had 5 and Generation II only had 6, meaning their number nearly doubled.

Now, don't get me wrong. I liked Ruby and Sapphire. And I have my criticisms for all of the Pokemon games. I just consider those two to be the worst in the series. Or, rather, they're 4th out of 4. I don't hate them, but every series has it's low point. Even if that point isn't all that bad in and of itself.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 05, 2010, 10:43:12 AM
words
Don't worry,the hoen region is my least favourite
I acknowledge all oyu've said,AND I must mention that  the hoen pokemon were not impressive compared to Kanto's,Johto's,or even Sinnoh's
Hell,they're less impressive than the pokemon of the yet to be released region....

I consider R/S to be the "black sheep" of the series
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jazz Nova

Quote from: windlessusher on September 05, 2010, 09:14:39 AM
Besides the soundtrack,what was so bad about R&S?
>:F
I like the soundtrack! I think it was one of the best!
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Dracoslythe

I lv
Where to start? XD

Animated sprites were gone, and those were introduced with Crystal (yes, I know, Emerald had them, but that's beside the point).
Day and night, along with everything that was dependent on time or what day it was aside from Espeon and Umbreon, were removed.
The radio feature was gone. I know, that's probably nitpicking, but I liked the feature.
Gold/Silver/Crystal had been story-wise sequels to Red and Blue. Ruby and Sapphire's story had nothing to do with them.
There were 10 more legendaries. Generation I only had 5 and Generation II only had 6, meaning their number nearly doubled.

Now, don't get me wrong. I liked Ruby and Sapphire. And I have my criticisms for all of the Pokemon games. I just consider those two to be the worst in the series. Or, rather, they're 4th out of 4. I don't hate them, but every series has it's low point. Even if that point isn't all that bad in and of itself.
This.

I mean, it was a great timewaster, and there was alot to do, but...
@-@

But I liked the Ruby and Sapphire soundtrack, for the most part.  xD

TheGameNinja

Oh yeah. The games came out in Japan a couple days ago. So, I'm avoiding new info like the plague because for once since Johto I can be surprised by what I find in the games when I play them. :P

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 19, 2010, 09:18:54 AM
Oh yeah. The games came out in Japan a couple days ago. So, I'm avoiding new info like the plague because for once since Johto I can be surprised by what I find in the games when I play them. :P
high five?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Barc

Where to start? XD

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 19, 2010, 09:18:54 AM

oh #$%&, is it just me or are you my best friend Daniel Alvarez and we don´t know thatwe are on the same forum???, if not *starts shaking from fear*... creeepyyyyy life, isn´t it?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: shadic the ultimate on November 11, 2010, 08:23:28 AM
oh #$%&, is it just me or are you my best friend Daniel Alvarez and we don´t know thatwe are on the same forum???, if not *starts shaking from fear*... creeepyyyyy life, isn´t it?
Nope, my name is not Daniel Alvarez. :P

Barc

Quote from: TheGameNinja on November 11, 2010, 09:16:22 AM
Nope, my name is not Daniel Alvarez. :P

yeah, i know it isn´t, It was sarcasm, because that guy keeps telling me EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY the same thing you said

Goldensonic5

"Sailin' 'round the world in a dirty gondola
Oh, to be back in the land of Coca-Cola!"

supersonic200

TheGameNinja

Quote from: supersonic200 on November 14, 2010, 04:49:30 PM
you can find more information in www.serebii.net

I have said that before. Actually, if you want to know everything, you should check out Bulbapedia. They're the Wikipedia of Pokemon.

BTW, this thread is on spoiler alert. NO SPOILERS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS TOPIC FROM THIS POINT ONWARD UNTIL THE GAMES HAVE BEEN RELEASED IN AMERICA... and at least a week after that. Any spoiler posts will be deleted.

ZeroGravix

Should I import this, or wait until the US release?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: ZeroGravix on November 15, 2010, 02:06:07 PM
Should I import this, or wait until the US release?
I say wait for the US release. Why import it? An import will cost way more plus you can't do any of the American events. And you'd miss out on events that are non-wifi. You'll only have to wait about 4 months.