Pokemon: Best Wishes

Started by TheGameNinja, August 26, 2010, 07:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

I myself have only been a casual fan of the Pokemon anime since the days of Hoenn, but the new series Best Wishes (get it? BW... Black and White) has piqued my interest, if only because of the seemingly completely different art style of the show.

Take a look at how Ash looked in all past seasons.

Now look at him in the new series.

The picture is kind of small, but you can definitely see his eyes. They are a lot larger than before. The designs are more rounded too, as you can see if you look at Pikachu.

Now, let's take a look at our new Officer and Nurse.

Their designs are almost completely different from the previous Officer Jennys and Nurse Joys. Who knows, they may not even be Jenny or Joy.

Along with this, the Pokemon of this generation are, on average, much more complicated in design that previous ones.

Now, none of this is to say that I am angry or disappointed with the anime, or the franchise for that matter. In fact, my curiosity will probably get me to watch the show once it hits the States.

So, anyone have any thoughts?

EchidnaPower

Uh yes, I have one. Who will Ash's inevitably new travel partners be?

I love Jesus! Do you?

darkness shadow

Quote from: EchidnaPower on August 27, 2010, 01:06:10 AM
Uh yes, I have one. Who will Ash's inevitably new travel partners be?
i hope they still have brock, the series isn't complete without some1 dragging/ poison jabbing him every episode
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

EchidnaPower

Quote from: Darkness Shadow on August 27, 2010, 01:21:30 AM
i hope they still have brock, the series isn't complete without some1 dragging/ poison jabbing him every episode

Yeah, sure, Brock. But I think everyone on this site knows why I'm upset with Pokemon.

I love Jesus! Do you?

darkness shadow

Quote from: EchidnaPower on August 27, 2010, 01:39:28 AM
Yeah, sure, Brock. But I think everyone on this site knows why I'm upset with Pokemon.
misty, nuff sed
XD
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

TheGameNinja

Brock is gone.

Our new sidekicks are Iris and Dento.

Jordan teh Echidna

Yeah, when it comes here to UK, i'ma watchin'!

I got this info from Serebii too within the last few days ^3^
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Fiamonder

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 27, 2010, 05:28:58 AM
Brock is gone.

I rarely use more than three dots, but this is just...

I have no words for those, just, wow. I also dislike Ash's new design. Before I began to get more interest in Sonic a year ago, I was a HUGE fan of Pokémon. I began with collecting Pokémon cards back in... March 2008? And there's a big chance that I have the biggest and best collection of cards here in Amsterdam, since I bought a pack of cards like, four times in one week... yeah. I've also been watching the anime every day. But I've stopped with paying interest to Pokémon since the second trailer of the 12th movie came out. I've always been wanting a Arceus Lv.X card, and Shad too (fun fact: Shad and I both collected and traded cards, we had some lulz with that), and look at that, a few months later when we stopped, bang, a Arceus lv.X card. And there's even five of these cards or something. I might still try out the new Black and White game, since all these new 3D functions look interesting to me.

I started to get a bit off-topic, sorry about that. But all I have to say is: They fucked up. I've been watching it since... what was that first region called... but yeah, since Ash's sidekicks were both Brock and Misty. First region: "This seems like a new anime." Johto: "Whoo! More episodes!" Hoenn (or something): "Well nice, but these episodes keep repeating darnit" Sinnoh: "Looks awesome!" I loved Ash's design, best one I like. New Pokémon were also interesting, Giratina's Origine form (Or Distortion something form, I'm used to saying Origine Form since I always played the Japanese version of Platinum) became my favorite one out of all the 493. Well, I was done after Platinum, and I thought that it was a nice way to end my interest to Pokémon.

"Arceus is the God of all Pokémon's, and the last number of the Pokédex. This should be the end of everything, right?

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

EchidnaPower

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 27, 2010, 05:28:58 AM
Brock is gone.

What the heck are those?! OMG, not even Dawn to relate to! I simply cannot imagine Ash hanging with those two at any time. I mean, seriously! Who's the guy? A snobby rich kid who'll cramp every ounce of Ash's style? And what's up with the girls hair? Her ponytail is bigger than her whole freaking body! If she let it down, she'd have to have someone carry it!

I am now officially past angry, and have moved into furious. >:(

I love Jesus! Do you?

SuperSonic23

I kind of like Ash's new design. I thought this would be good...until I saw the new travelers. I said, "WTF!!!". I know those two will fuck up Pokemon for us. But I'm giving them a chance.
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

TheGameNinja

You guys don't seem to be taking this well. XD

If it helps, Dento is a gym leader.

darkness shadow

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 27, 2010, 09:54:13 AM
You guys don't seem to be taking this well. XD

If it helps, Dento is a gym leader.
no, i doubt it, cause it means we'll have 2 fight him in the games as well XD
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Skyle369

Quote from: EchidnaPower on August 27, 2010, 09:02:30 AM
What the heck are those?! OMG, not even Dawn to relate to! I simply cannot imagine Ash hanging with those two at any time. I mean, seriously! Who's the guy? A snobby rich kid who'll cramp every ounce of Ash's style? And what's up with the girls hair? Her ponytail is bigger than her whole freaking body! If she let it down, she'd have to have someone carry it!

I am now officially past angry, and have moved into furious. >:(

Almost the same reaction, the new looks of Ash was enough but the new traveling partners?!?
Man, just one look at them and I already thought that they would suck... I just can't imagine Ash walking with those two.

Hakudamashi

Apart from the new officer look,this new season has peaked my interests  :)
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TailsLover2010

Ash look is fine, as his hat is different. And now we have to fucked up travelers. The only thing good about them is that Denno is a gym leader. Oh well I guess I won't be watching pokemon anymore.                       
-No advertising in signature, please.