Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by Taz, September 25, 2010, 07:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taz

Minecraft.
At first, it seems innocent.
"La la la la la, let's build a little house, maybe a mine, ooh, I can make a library!"
Then nightfall comes and you soon realize that this is one of the most intense survival games ever.

Nothing is more terrifying than watching the sun rise, feeling a sense of victory, stepping out your door to finish your boathouse, hearing a particular hissing noise before being blown to smithereens.

Nothing is more maddening than scrambling back to your house to retrieve your diamond pick only to find it's fallen into your lava pit due to the huge hole blown in the fucking floor.

Nothing is more relieving than realizing that what you thought was Herobrine in the darkness was simply a zombie.

Oh, wait. Fuck, it's a zombie.

Minecraft.

Skyle369

Sounds interesting, is this game available for download or should I buy it?

EDIT

Wow, I just got the game and it was freaking fantastic! Everything you said was absolutely right! :D

Ioshyriku

OMG I just love minecraft, I have the infdev version, I really like it, the good thing is that if you put the lowest difficulty there are no monsters and life generates by itself, but you still can die
the only bad thing is that if I play it for too long, it slows my PC so much and after I close it I have to wait 15 minutes to move my cursor,

Taz

Quote from: Ioshyriku on September 26, 2010, 06:38:26 AM
OMG I just love minecraft, I have the infdev version, I really like it, the good thing is that if you put the lowest difficulty there are no monsters and life generates by itself, but you still can die
the only bad thing is that if I play it for too long, it slows my PC so much and after I close it I have to wait 15 minutes to move my cursor,

Which is why you don't play Minecraft without a gaming computer.

Skyle369

Quote from: Ioshyriku on September 26, 2010, 06:38:26 AM
the good thing is that if you put the lowest difficulty there are no monsters and life generates by itself, but you still can die

How do you die when there are no monsters?

Anyways I'm pretty much addicted to mine craft, I was so excited to do a lot of stuff in the game that I started by digging and digging until I reach the very lowest part of the game.... or I might see hell. O_O

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Skyle369 on September 27, 2010, 01:54:30 AM
How do you die when there are no monsters?

Anyways I'm pretty much addicted to mine craft, I was so excited to do a lot of stuff in the game that I started by digging and digging until I reach the very lowest part of the game.... or I might see hell. O_O
mostly by digging you can have great luck(not spoiling) or fall through the map and die, but is a lot to dig

and for the first part, you can die in lava, by drowning, burning, falling from great heights and so on

jkid101094

I just watched game play. Looks amusing. I may DL it. :3

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Skyle369

Quote from: Ioshyriku on September 27, 2010, 06:49:01 AM
mostly by digging you can have great luck(not spoiling) or fall through the map and die, but is a lot to dig

and for the first part, you can die in lava, by drowning, burning, falling from great heights and so on

O_O

I guess I better be careful, I don't wanna fall in one of those....

TheGameNinja

Someone is building a working computer in this computer game. Cue the implosion of the time space continuum.

http://kotaku.com/5650027/man-builds-computer-inside-computer-game

Skyle369

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 28, 2010, 01:52:13 PM
Someone is building a working computer in this computer game. Cue the implosion of the time space continuum.

I can meet no man who is capable of having patience to do that... O_O

Dark Tails

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 28, 2010, 01:52:13 PM

So?  I've been building computers within computer games since Garry's Mod.

Skyle369

Hey guys I just got curious, how did people find out how to build stuff like ladders and windows if there is no tutorial?
Did they use the internet (because that's what I do) or there is a tutorial of some sort?

jkid101094

Quote from: Skyle369 on October 30, 2010, 10:00:07 PM
Hey guys I just got curious, how did people find out how to build stuff like ladders and windows if there is no tutorial?
Did they use the internet (because that's what I do) or there is a tutorial of some sort?
I tried it today and it's actually pretty simple...you just...stack blocks. xDD

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Skyle369

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 30, 2010, 10:01:18 PM
I tried it today and it's actually pretty simple...you just...stack blocks. xDD

Not that, the items like the sword, armors, doors, fences and etc.
How did the first players found out the pattern to build them at the item making block thingy.

jkid101094

Quote from: Skyle369 on October 30, 2010, 10:19:03 PM
Not that, the items like the sword, armors, doors, fences and etc.
How did the first players found out the pattern to build them at the item making block thingy.
Oh, that I don't know. I think you need to purchase it for that stuff. I have the freeware version. >.<

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.