Wanna revive the RP section? jkid has and idea.

Started by jkid101094, October 01, 2010, 05:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Short and simple:
Red Lake DnD style RP.

o3o

Now for those of you who want to know what the hell that means, it's actually quite simple:
A DnD is the bastard child of an ORP and a RPG. Basically a LITERATE RP where you get a set of stats, moves, items, etc.

This is what I had in mind. A story taking place after Red Lake Future (6th game in the series, I believe...). Basically, a futuristic RP with demon things (The Demonessance, duh) popping in every so often to rip people apart and lap up the blood like homicidal kittens...not as cute as it sounds, though.

Basically you pick a "class", "religion", "hometown", "skills set", and some other things...I should have it already by the time we decide to play.

Battles will take place on a board created with RPGMVX. They will be turn-based and rely on strategy. I'll preform all the complicated stat computations and dice rolls, giving NON-BIASED RESULTS. IF YOU DIE YOU DIE, DEAL WITH IT.

I will describe scenes to you as the story moves on and you will be able to interact with what I give you. I will never god mod your characters but I will ask that you try not add anything extremely decisive to the plot line. And obviously, no godly weapons or powers unless you've earned them in game.

You may kill off your character at anytime. Once your character is dead either by his/her own hand or on the field of battle you may create a new one, keeping your stats as long as your class remains the same. You may have up to two characters at a time (limit pending and may be lowered or raised depending on your feed back) to keep things as non-complicated as possible.

The religion stat is basically your alignment. If you wonder into another religions territory the leader of said religion has the right to haul your ass in and throw you in a cell or even EXECUTE YOU. It's like Sonic walking into Eggman's lab going, "hey, where's your bathroom"?

I believe that's it. Questions, concerns, comments? Should I even do it? I want your feedback on this idea. No holding back, hit me with your best shot and all that jazz.

Edit: Also, should this be a poll?

Another Edit: If we do decide to do this all our stats will be stored here for convenience.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

An interesting idea that a maximum of 5 people will partake in.

You're trying to create a complex RP on a fansite that consists mostly of young teens with low attention spans. And just saying something is "ADVANCED ONLY PLZ" does not mean that people will oblige. Most people here are terrible roleplayers who don't take anything seriously and do it for fun, not for crafting an advanced detailed world with memorable characters. THIS IS A SONIC FANBASE, REMEMBER? No point in putting any real effort into something that won't catch on.

Jazz Nova

Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

jkid101094

Quote from: TobiTheGoodGirl on October 01, 2010, 05:46:56 PM
Amazing idea <3
Quote from: windlessusher on October 01, 2010, 06:14:00 PM

I'm glad you guys find it interesting. x3

Quote from: Elija2 on October 02, 2010, 04:37:37 AM
An interesting idea that a maximum of 5 people will partake in.

You're trying to create a complex RP on a fansite that consists mostly of young teens with low attention spans. And just saying something is "ADVANCED ONLY PLZ" does not mean that people will oblige. Most people here are terrible roleplayers who don't take anything seriously and do it for fun, not for crafting an advanced detailed world with memorable characters. THIS IS A SONIC FANBASE, REMEMBER? No point in putting any real effort into something that won't catch on.
That's why I didn't just start it up and let people just jump in. But I think I see your point, the ratio of serious/bs rpers is like... 19/10,000 (at an estimate). But still, I'm very willing to put the effort in for only a few players. That might even make it easier on me.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 02, 2010, 10:35:42 AM
That's why I didn't just start it up and let people just jump in. But I think I see your point, the ratio of serious/bs rpers is like... 19/10,000 (at an estimate). But still, I'm very willing to put the effort in for only a few players. That might even make it easier on me.
Can I join?

jkid101094

Quote from: Jazz Nova on October 02, 2010, 02:55:20 PM
Can I join?
If I even bother to start it, sure. x3
DnDs take A LOT more planning than I thought, though. @_@

Post Merge: October 03, 2010, 10:08:50 PM

I have decided NOT to go through with this. Too much numbers for my small, small mind. I apologize to anyone who actually was looking forward to this (no one anyway, lol). Face it, the idea was crap anyway. I'll be deleting the site in a matter of minutes. Thanks for bothering to post in my topic.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

How about I just host a normal RP? I can keep the theme (I plan on switching it to sooner in the time line, though). I just don't feel like screwing around with my own RPG mechanics. >.<

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 05, 2010, 01:57:57 PM
How about I just host a normal RP? I can keep the theme (I plan on switching it to sooner in the time line, though). I just don't feel like screwing around with my own RPG mechanics. >.<
sure
As long as it keeps going and you don't let n00bs join

jkid101094

Quote from: Jazz Nova on October 05, 2010, 02:12:29 PM
sure
As long as it keeps going and you don't let n00bs join
That, I can do. x3
I just don't want to start something no one's gonna join...again...xD

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

No one else wishes to join? Then I can lock this topic now, correct?
And for those of you who have been reading or playing, any thoughts on the story, thus far? I know we aren't far in, but it gets better. My stories are always slow at the beginning and pick up near the end.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.