World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Started by Tanassy, December 10, 2010, 03:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Blizzard's latest WoW expansion?

I don't play WoW
It's good.
I preferred azeroth before the cataclysm.
I don't play WoW
This makes me want to play WoW! :D

Tanassy

Quote from: LiquiDMercH69 on June 30, 2011, 05:04:44 AM
Blizzard really made azeroth so much cooler looking :o cata really made me begin playing WoW :p
Yerp, Cata got me right back in.

shadowDOESrock

i perfer immersive MMORPGS with Good Graphics & Artstyle.

Tanassy

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on July 02, 2011, 05:26:17 AM
i perfer immersive MMORPGS with Good Graphics & Artstyle.

This is fairly immersive for me, but no so that I would get too far into it like some. As for the artstyle well I must say it has it's ups and downs, but it is mostly great, and man, some areas really do look fantastic. I'd say story, and the sheer amount of content is the game's strong suit though. "Good graphics" is irrelivent. There's no real scale these days.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Tana~ on July 02, 2011, 07:11:02 AM
This is fairly immersive for me, but no so that I would get too far into it like some. As for the artstyle well I must say it has it's ups and downs, but it is mostly great, and man, some areas really do look fantastic. I'd say story, and the sheer amount of content is the game's strong suit though. "Good graphics" is irrelivent. There's no real scale these days.

Graphics are important.

But what i ment was 'scenic'. Something that looks like it could exist.
World Of Warcraft just looks so bland...

Tanassy

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on July 02, 2011, 09:42:34 AM
Graphics are important.

But what i ment was 'scenic'. Something that looks like it could exist.
World Of Warcraft just looks so bland...
Bland? Howso? You're saying games can't have a level of imagination, or an element of anti-realism? WoW looks amazing in my opinion, when you look at it in a way I do, it really does stand out. Alot of games these days just have no atmosphere.

Graphics are just as important as anything else I agree, but it's not in any way tied to realism, scenery, practicality or even imagination in itself. Games pretty and realistic, to unrealistic and abstract. They all have a place and it's really up for one to decide themselves, no? Even the 'grey' games, or the 'painted' games, or the 'mono' games. Heck, there have been ASCII games with better graphics than something you'd see on Frostbite.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Tana~ on July 02, 2011, 09:44:17 AM
Bland? Howso? You're saying games can't have a level of imagination, or an element of anti-realism? WoW looks amazing in my opinion, when you look at it in a way I do, it really does stand out. Alot of games these days just have no atmosphere.

Graphics are just as important as anything else I agree, but it's not in any way tied to realism, scenery, practicality or even imagination in itself. Games pretty and realistic, to unrealistic and abstract. They all have a place and it's really up for one to decide themselves, no? Even the 'grey' games, or the 'painted' games, or the 'mono' games. Heck, there have been ASCII games with better graphics than something you'd see on Frostbite.

nah, what i'm saying is; it looks ugly.

Tanassy

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on July 02, 2011, 12:28:51 PM
nah, what i'm saying is; it looks ugly.

Well that's a simple matter of opinion, isn't it?

shadowDOESrock

Tanassy

Tanassy

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on July 03, 2011, 09:55:07 AM
Yes, you are.
So you're saying your opinion is the only one that matters? You're saying that if one person says "That's ugly" everyone has to agree?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Tana~ on July 03, 2011, 10:13:36 AM
So you're saying your opinion is the only one that matters? You're saying that if one person says "That's ugly" everyone has to agree?

Nah, i'm stating a fact.
You may have a diffrent opinion about it, but doesnt change the fact its ugly.

Tanassy

It's not a fact when there's no definite proof. You ask one they may agree, you ask another they wouldn't. Then you get conflict. It just doesn't work, mate.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Tana~ on July 03, 2011, 11:25:52 AM
It's not a fact when there's no definite proof. You ask one they may agree, you ask another they wouldn't. Then you get conflict. It just doesn't work, mate.

10 Polygons? Check.
Bland World? Check.
Dead World? Check.
No Lightning? Check.
Bad Textures? Check.
Bad Animations? Check.
Huge Masses of Nothing? Check.
More Fog than a Fog Machine? Check.
Distance-Pop-Ups? Check. (Fail Fog)
3 Animations per Mob? Check.
Crappy Water? Check.
AI 'Questionmark' ? Check.

Shall i continue?

Tanassy

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on July 03, 2011, 01:44:58 PM
10 Polygons? Check.
Bland World? Check.
Dead World? Check.
No Lightning? Check.
Bad Textures? Check.
Bad Animations? Check.
Huge Masses of Nothing? Check.
More Fog than a Fog Machine? Check.
Distance-Pop-Ups? Check. (Fail Fog)
3 Animations per Mob? Check.
Crappy Water? Check.
AI 'Questionmark' ? Check.

Shall i continue?

Bland? Dead? No lighting? Bad textures? Bad animations? Fog? Crappy water? Dude, have you been playing on low or something? Retard.