The Red Legion Against Bad Grammar

Started by jkid101094, December 21, 2010, 04:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

We will not tolerate abuse of the English language. We will not compromise with spammers. We will promote spell check. And we will teach those who lack a brain capable of understanding the English language about their mistakes and help them to become productive members of society. We will promote our cause by displaying our name wherever possible. We are no longer just a faction. We are a brotherhood. An army of soldiers devoted to destroying improper grammar and spelling where it is posted. We...are the Red Legion. And I'm taking over.

Who's with me?  

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jazz Nova

Bannah?
Jkid doez haz bannah?

Anyhow, this is interesting...

But where and with whom are we promoting grammar/spelling?
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

jkid101094

Quote from: Jazz Nova on December 21, 2010, 05:02:23 PM
Bannah?
Jkid doez haz bannah?

Anyhow, this is interesting...

But where and with whom are we promoting grammar/spelling?
No it does not and I ask that if you wish to join you use proper grammar in this topic and attempt to use it elsewhere unless the error is intentional. In that strip of text under my name I have placed simple text indicating my position in in the Legion. You may do the same. Our goal is to, hopefully, wipe bad grammar off the future posts of Sonic Zone.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jazz Nova

>:| Buzzkill...
Quote from: jkid101094 on December 21, 2010, 05:07:34 PM
use proper grammar and attempt to use it elsewhere unless the error is intentional.
Ah, okay.
Should be easy for me, as I use proper grammar...

-resists urge to type meme-
I ca- I mean, am I in?
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

jkid101094

Quote from: Jazz Nova on December 21, 2010, 05:17:00 PM
>:| Buzzkill...Ah, okay.
Should be easy for me, as I use proper grammar...

-resists urge to type meme-
I ca- I mean, am I in?
Yes, yes you are. Now go defend the English language with pride!

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 21, 2010, 04:50:36 PM
Who's with me?   [/center]

I AM FREAKING WITH YOU! (even tho i make typos all the time and just misspelled though)  :P

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on December 21, 2010, 05:42:38 PM
I AM FREAKING WITH YOU! (even tho i make typos all the time and just misspelled though)  :P
I will gladly accept you into the Legion. However, you must first fix a few grammatical errors.

1). The letter "I", when solitary, is always capitalized.
2). Punctuations are placed after parenthesis, not before.

Also, along with typing correctly in this topic, please refrain from using caps lock in it as well. I wouldn't like our society to be viewed as hypocritical.

One more thing; please take note of the "Spell Check" feature when posting. If you do not own a browser with spell check like Firefox (as I do) then running your post through that or Microsoft Word is always useful.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TrueSilverWolf

I would love to join this legion against bad grammar >:3. Although I make some errors of my own I do intend to fix them.  :D

jkid101094

Quote from: TrueSilverWolf on December 21, 2010, 05:51:23 PM
I would love to join this legion against bad grammar >:3. Although I make some errors of my own I do intend to fix them.  :D
As with the other two members of the faction, I am more than willing to accept any new members willing to fight for the English language. Though emoticons are not grammatically correct, I will allow them for the sake of being able to express emotions much more easily. However, they do not belong within a sentence.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ritz190

The legion of grammar Nazis, eh? I won't join but this is a good thing...A lot of the members who post here seem to do it in a half ass manner (probably rushing in order to unlock the V.I.P section, but it's probably for those who have no idea how to obtain a lot of the extras by searching...but anywho...) you guys have my support.
O.o

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 21, 2010, 05:49:21 PM
I will gladly accept you into the Legion. However, you must first fix a few grammatical errors.

1). The letter "I", when solitary, is always capitalized.
2). Punctuations are placed after parenthesis, not before.

Also, along with typing correctly in this topic, please refrain from using caps lock in it as well. I wouldn't like our society to be viewed as hypocritical.

One more thing; please take note of the "Spell Check" feature when posting. If you do not own a browser with spell check like Firefox (as I do) then running your post through that or Microsoft Word is always useful.

I am laughing out loud. I do not believe that we need to be grammars Nazis. However, I am willing to fight for legible text, as some users on this forum make unacceptable grammatical errors. Such as "HOW TO SADX" "HOW TO POST" "HOW TO TYPE??? :-\ :-\ :-\"

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on December 21, 2010, 06:27:56 PM
I am laughing out loud. I do not believe that we need to be grammars Nazis. However, I am willing to fight for legible text, as some users on this forum make unacceptable grammatical errors. Such as "HOW TO SADX" "HOW TO POST" "HOW TO TYPE??? :-\ :-\ :-\"
Ahh, we do that too, but still. I can't see why people view learning the correct way to type the English language is so hard. We aim to teach, not to scold. I would not consider myself a Grammar Nazi. I see that people are abusing the English language and doing something about it. I fighting for something I care about in the most non-violent way possible. You never know. This may even encourage some members to stay for things besides the downloads. If someone's native language is Italian and they don't know much English, a society such as this might make them feel welcome and tutored as opposed to rejected, and I fail to see what you find so funny.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 21, 2010, 06:33:33 PM
And I fail to see what you find so funny.
Mozilla Firefox is what I find funny. You should switch your current web browser to Google Chrome.
I find it to be much simpler and faster.

Do not start a sentence with a conjunction.

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 21, 2010, 06:33:33 PM
And I fail to see what you find so funny.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on December 21, 2010, 06:47:10 PM
Mozilla Firefox is what I find funny. You should switch your current web browser to Google Chrome.
I find it to be much simpler and faster.

Do not start a sentence with a conjunction.

So, I see, very well then. I don't think I'll be changing it, though.

I forgot such a simple grammar rule. I never do that either way so I don't know what possessed me to do it there. Thank you, now let us never speak of this again.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Super Sonic Boom

Actually when writing formally, it is said that you never use contractions.