Two Rune Factory Frontier Discs?

Started by jkid101094, June 18, 2011, 02:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So, I rented RFF from Gamefly and wanted to buy it (my Selphy fanboyism wouldn't let me pass it up). Since they had no copies for sale I took my business to Game Stop and got it used...However, when I opened the case I noticed something...

As you can see, one is different colors than the other. Having never seen anything like this before I decided to look it up. Apparently all games were like the Gamefly disc until a few years ago when they started to become colored like the Game Stop version. Assuming this is correct and the Game Stop disc was indeed printed later, does anyone happen to know if there were any other noticeable changes amongst the two? Like glitch fixes, different models or anything that would effect my game play and/or my fanboyism?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Super Sonic Boom

Never played the game but I do find that very interesting to notice that - great find! :D

jkid101094

Quote from: Chris Silvano on June 18, 2011, 02:54:52 PM
Never played the game but I do find that very interesting to notice that - great find! :D
I'm just curious if the colored one has updates...I mean...I saw Japenese characters that they forgot to remove in Game Fly's version. @_@

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 18, 2011, 02:56:58 PM
I'm just curious if the colored one has updates...I mean...I saw Japenese characters that they forgot to remove in Game Fly's version. @_@

I wanna say all disks are made equal but that's not the case always - it depends on any bugs or features they had to fix in the original paint schemed one...

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 18, 2011, 02:56:58 PM

Are you sure the Japanese characters aren't on the colored disc as well? Probably just a translation issue. I don't see why there would be any updates on the disc. They would probably announce such a thing.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on June 18, 2011, 03:41:46 PM
Are you sure the Japanese characters aren't on the colored disc as well? Probably just a translation issue. I don't see why there would be any updates on the disc. They would probably announce such a thing.
I haven't checked, but I don't see why they would bother reprinting the disc at all without a real reason. :\

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

it's possible for them to be different continent releases

jkid101094

Quote from: Ioshyriku on June 18, 2011, 11:20:30 PM
it's possible for them to be different continent releases
I would assume they're both NTSC...they both work in my Wii...I'm thinking maybe someone may have burn an ISO to the disc and used a disc labeler to add the different label?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.