Super Smash Bros. U / Smash Smash Bros. 3DS

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 22, 2011, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

There was a french interview with Sakurai about the game.

http://www.p-nintendo.com/articles/interviews/masahiro-sakurai-nous-parle-de-ssbb-235210

There's a roughly translated version out there but here are some key points:

• It was not always planned for there to be two versions of the game. In fact, they thought about making the game for 3DS only.
  • The characters will be the same in both versions, only some arenas will be different.
  • There is no "lead platform". Both versions are being developed by the same team.
  • Sakurai is not opposed to DLC.
  • There won't be a mode similar to Subspace Emissary in the game.
  • When choosing what characters to put into the game, they think about what the character can do that existing ones can't.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on June 25, 2013, 03:08:31 PM

• It was not always planned for there to be two versions of the game. In fact, they thought about making the game for 3DS only.
  • The characters will be the same in both versions, only some arenas will be different.
These trouble me...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 25, 2013, 03:13:39 PM
These trouble me...

#1. I don't see what the big deal here is. Who knows how long ago they thought of it, probably before they began any major development.
#2. Again, not a big deal. It's something to differentiate both versions.
#3. This doesn't guarantee that there will be DLC, but if there is I'm sure it will be meaningful and worth the money.
#4. Yeah, this one is kinda dumb. His reasoning for it is even dumber. Apparently he was upset that people were watching the Subspace Emissary cutscenes on YouTube, and so he figures because of that there's no point to it.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on June 25, 2013, 03:20:56 PM
This doesn't guarantee that there will be DLC, but if there is I'm sure it will be meaningful and worth the money.
#4. Yeah, this one is kinda dumb. His reasoning for it is even dumber. Apparently he was upset that people were watching the Subspace Emissary cutscenes on YouTube, and so he figures because of that there's no point to it.

Well gee, its not 1998 anymore. :l

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on June 25, 2013, 03:20:56 PM
#1. I don't see what the big deal here is. Who knows how long ago they thought of it, probably before they began any major development.
#2. Again, not a big deal. It's something to differentiate both versions.
#3. This doesn't guarantee that there will be DLC, but if there is I'm sure it will be meaningful and worth the money.
-It's the 3DS only part that troubles me. But it's mostly cause I'm unsure of the thought process. Why would you make one of your biggest console franchises a handheld exclusive? Granted, they simply just made both versions in the end, but if they considered 3DS only, makes me kinda worried about their future plans...

-It troubles me cause I was excited for 2 completely games. The Wii U one focuses on console Nintendo history, while the 3DS focuses on handheld Nintendo, as in, both versions will have the original 12 from Smash 64, but every character beyond that is determined by the version. And that for the stages, both versions have Battlefield and Final Destination, but every other stage beyond that is determined by the version. But from how he worded it, it's more like we'll get something like Sonic Generations...

-As long as it's not day one, and the support doesn't die past the first month...

-ProjectxZone AND SSB4, and we STILL can't have Sonic, Megaman and Pacman conversing in the same game...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Wolfy

Quote from: Elija2 on June 25, 2013, 03:08:31 PM
There was a french interview with Sakurai about the game.

http://www.p-nintendo.com/articles/interviews/masahiro-sakurai-nous-parle-de-ssbb-235210

There's a roughly translated version out there but here are some key points:

• There is no "lead platform". Both versions are being developed by the same team.
  • When choosing what characters to put into the game, they think about what the character can do that existing ones can't.
1: Strange. SSB for only a handheld console just wouldn't feel right.
2: Hopefully cross-platform could still work in that case, since the games will contain some of the same stages.
3: I'm glad that both versions of the game are being given equal attention. :)
4: DLC... generally I don't like needing to download content for my games unless it's truly worth it. Then again, DLC could compensate for the smaller character roster. Does the 3DS support DLC actually?
5: I'm not surprised. The subspace emissary was shit. To be honest, Melee's adventure mode, as short as it is, was more enjoyable. The Subspace Emissary dragged out, generally wasn't very interesting, and The Great Maze took just as long as every other level combined to complete.
6: That's a good thought, but focusing on flashy moves for the new characters could lead to balance issues.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Wolfy on June 25, 2013, 05:37:39 PM
2: Hopefully cross-platform could still work in that case, since the games will contain some of the same stages.

They've been pretty clear that the two cannot play together.

Hakudamashi

I want Dillon and Phantom R to be in this game somehow.
I don't care if they're stage backgrounds or whatever, just put them in there.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

dreamcasthime

Toon Link makes a return to the fight in the next Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. We may rejoice now, especially you Maddie.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/26/toon-link-returns-super-smash-bros-wii-u-nintendo-3ds/

TheGameNinja

So I guess we can expect more clones? Not that I dislike Toon Link, but that's 2 Links and 1 less new (or returning?) character we'll have.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 26, 2013, 10:42:23 AM
So I guess we can expect more clones? Not that I dislike Toon Link, but that's 2 Links and 1 less new (or returning?) character we'll have.
They're 2 different people, it's not his fault he's also named Link...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

I'm fairly certain this is his render for smash 4.