Super Smash Bros. U / Smash Smash Bros. 3DS

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 22, 2011, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

I'm actually happier without transformations so I'm glad they're gone. I never cared for the Ice Climbers either, but I can understand why people are sad that they're gone.

It's weird because I heard that Sakurai originally only wanted to work on a 3DS Smash Bros. and Nintendo convinced him to make a Wii U version alongside it. And now it's originally intended platform is holding the game back. I guess even after developing Kid Icarus: Uprising he didn't understand how weak the 3DS really is.

SmashFinale

i thought the 3DS was in-between Gamecube and Wii in terms of power?
And Sakurai explained back when Kid Icarus: Uprising launched that the CPP used up too much processing power to use as a reticle.

Elija2

Quote from: SmashFinale on October 01, 2014, 07:14:28 PM
i thought the 3DS was in-between Gamecube and Wii in terms of power?
And Sakurai explained back when Kid Icarus: Uprising launched that the CPP used up too much processing power to use as a reticle.

So I'm guessing the problem is processing 2 Circle Pads at the same time? I figure 3D uses up more processing power than the CPP, but I guess Sakurai really wanted to keep 3D in.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Elija2 on October 01, 2014, 07:40:52 PM
So I'm guessing the problem is processing 2 Circle Pads at the same time? I figure 3D uses up more processing power than the CPP, but I guess Sakurai really wanted to keep 3D in.
He did emphasize that it's 60FPS with 3D mode turned on. And same thing with Uprising (well... that's 30FPS with downscaled graphics)
It is odd to see him want the 3D to be such a priority. But i guess it wouldnt be the 3DS without it now would it?

Elija2

By the way, y'all getting the game on launch should probably download the patch ahead of time. You need it to play online and I'm willing to bet that the eShop is gonna be getting hammered tomorrow. Luckily Nintendo knew this and instead of boosting their eShop servers they just made the patch available for everyone to download.

Hakudamashi

I got it
And I'm getting it midnight
And it will be glorious
And there will be jizz
Everywhere.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Getting it digitally or are you going to a midnight launch?

I'm getting a physical copy because I'm paranoid about digital stuff on Nintendo platforms.

Hakudamashi

Getting the 3DS version digitally because I'm impatient AND for convenience
Getting the Wii U version physically tho.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

So online is confirmed to be a lag-filled unplayable mess. Nice.

Anyone want to get a friends-only game going?

Hakudamashi

Not really, it's using a netcode similar to Street Fighter 4 or Injustice.
The quality of the match is determined by the internet of both parties, not on geography like a netcode of CoD or Skullgirls.

Thanks to my Jamaican internet, I've been getting good connections for the most part, and fighting anyone from Japan has been almost completely lagless.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 04, 2014, 04:41:13 AM
The quality of the match is determined by the internet of both parties, not on geography like a netcode of CoD or Skullgirls.

... that doesn't make any sense. Connection Quality is always determined by the connection quality of those who are in the match and where the person is located. There's no way around that.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 04, 2014, 05:12:30 AM
You come up with a better reason then.

For what? You reason just quite literally - and factually - doesn't make any sense.

TheGameNinja

Hakudamashi

I has all the people and stages
Now I'm focusing on completing the challenges.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay