Is there anyone good with Game Maker?

Started by Fullmetal, July 20, 2011, 12:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fullmetal

could anyone fix the bugs.... i really want it to work....
i work so hard and im scared to lose it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7WYEMCI0
My Paslos charactures are Arnold Awii Shadowtails Yoru Tatrick Awii Ronaldo Awii ,Vince,Noname Vampire,Nora,Patrick, and more. the bad guys are Zec Awii and Saki the animanmaniac

Im leaving, I m heading back at my house soo seeya

jkid101094

I'm not EXTREMELY good with it, but I know a few things...I don't have GM8 dled right now but maybe I can help you verbally. What's the problem?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

I did a whole year of GM at school... -then lost everything.

Fullmetal

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 20, 2011, 12:58:52 PM
I'm not EXTREMELY good with it, but I know a few things...I don't have GM8 dled right now but maybe I can help you verbally. What's the problem?
well the jumping, when you encort a wall or floor it goes with you, the two player screen goes all fucked up
and goes to the other screen... alot of stuff i need help in...
My Paslos charactures are Arnold Awii Shadowtails Yoru Tatrick Awii Ronaldo Awii ,Vince,Noname Vampire,Nora,Patrick, and more. the bad guys are Zec Awii and Saki the animanmaniac

jkid101094

Quote from: Fullmetal on July 20, 2011, 01:17:19 PM
well the jumping, when you encort a wall or floor it goes with you, the two player screen goes all fucked up
and goes to the other screen... alot of stuff i need help in...
Can I have a video or screen shots?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Fullmetal

jkid101094

Quote from: Fullmetal on July 20, 2011, 01:36:41 PM
of the games or of the glitches
Of the problem, just so I can get a better understanding of what's wrong. :\

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Fullmetal

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 20, 2011, 02:09:11 PM
Of the problem, just so I can get a better understanding of what's wrong. :\
welll do you know where i can get a recording program?

jkid101094

Quote from: Fullmetal on July 20, 2011, 02:28:09 PM
welll do you know where i can get a recording program?
I usually use Snagit 9. But, I have to DL GM8 anyway. Give me a few seconds and I'll get on it. Sorry about that. ^^;;;

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Fullmetal

Okay.. im just nervouse...because i was really thinking of doing a great game....its kind of difficult on doing on
my own...its my first game and im nervouse on losing it...

jkid101094

Ahh, I see what your problem is now, unfortunately I can't be exactly sure how to fix it. I only played as the flying person (not sure about names) but it seems you need to add things like Gravity. The platforming tutorial on Yoyo Games should help you correct this. You may need to redifine your engine, though. Sorry, hun. :\

Also, the menu is kind of hard to understand and control at first. I suggest you add commands to stop it when the arrow keys are released. Also, giving the player a hint to even use them would be nice. I thought I had to use the mouse at first.  ;)

I've provided a movie since Yoyo seems to not have their tutorials anymore:

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Fullmetal

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 20, 2011, 03:19:54 PM
Ahh, I see what your problem is now, unfortunately I can't be exactly sure how to fix it. I only played as the flying person (not sure about names) but it seems you need to add things like Gravity. The platforming tutorial on Yoyo Games should help you correct this. You may need to redifine your engine, though. Sorry, hun. :\

Also, the menu is kind of hard to understand and control at first. I suggest you add commands to stop it when the arrow keys are released. Also, giving the player a hint to even use them would be nice. I thought I had to use the mouse at first.  ;)

I've provided a movie since Yoyo seems to not have their tutorials anymore:

Yahh but i want the zone to move.

jkid101094

What do you mean? The camera will always follow the object you tell it too.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Fullmetal

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 20, 2011, 04:05:04 PM
What do you mean? The camera will always follow the object you tell it too.
I mean i want to make it look like Mario or Sonic. It didnt show the camera movements, plus the 2 player mode is
kaput.

jkid101094

Quote from: Fullmetal on July 21, 2011, 04:32:33 AM
I mean i want to make it look like Mario or Sonic. It didnt show the camera movements, plus the 2 player mode is
kaput.
I'm still a bit confused because when I played the camera moved perfectly fine. :\

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.