Anybody else find facebook really depressing?

Started by chet, July 25, 2011, 02:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I mean, it's not like I don't have a lot of friends or anything, but it just seems like nobody give a shit about me. I always see all of my friends doing those "like this and i'll post what i think of you" things, and tons of people like them, always, and i always see people post on their wall saying things like how much they like them and all things they love about them. But no one ever posts on my wall, or likes any of my statuses, and no one ever comments on my stuff. No one even said happy birthday on my birthday.

I mean, i like facebook, but it just gets a little depressing at times  :'(

does anyone else find facebook depressing?
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

jkid101094

Pffft...I hate FB, plain and simple. I made my first one to stalk check up on Draco and I made my second one after my first one died to like the SZ page. Other than stalking checking up on Draco and showing my support for FB groups I never use the thing.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

I love Fb, and i totally ignore depressed shit. In fact, I just hide pages/people that I don't wanna look at. I love comminicating with my friends, and I won't stop loving the open-ness of it all!

In fact, feel free to add me if you need someone on there that actually cares =P

TheGameNinja

I try as hard as I can to keep my friend count low. Too many people I don't know spamming the thing up. I usually only use it to talk to very specific people. It's great for what it does. But too many people don't use it right. Like Twitter. I used to have one of those. Still do, but I never use it. I had one back before everyone found out about it. Now it's just... ugh.

Tanassy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 25, 2011, 03:06:07 PM
I try as hard as I can to keep my friend count low. Too many people I don't know spamming the thing up. I usually only use it to talk to very specific people. It's great for what it does. But too many people don't use it right. Like Twitter. I used to have one of those. Still do, but I never use it. I had one back before everyone found out about it. Now it's just... ugh.
Well personally I like to have people to talk to but I just block out certain things from my feed. As for twitter, I love it too, it's so simple, and mine is well, fairly clean considering I only joined to see "How crap it was", xDD.

xSalashawty

]There is nothing to do on it tbh. I only got it because I was bored and wanted to keep up with my friends this summer. Everybody friends anyone anyways. (this is my real life one, Im not talking about the asdhfhf one.) And I do get ignored on occasions. But hey, who the fuck even likes it?  My only reason to create them was for updates on certain things..
(eg: Jory Caron, Zak Bagans, Celldweller, you know the drill ;3)

add me if you want..PM me your name cause I don't remember mine. :/ I'll pay attention. :3
Quote from: Tana~ on July 25, 2011, 03:10:25 PM
Well personally I like to have people to talk to but I just block out certain things from my feed. As for twitter, I love it too, it's so simple, and mine is well, fairly clean considering I only joined to see "How crap it was", xDD.
FOLLOW ME YOU BISH :U

but YouTube took over your account on Twitter and now all I see is Hoshimura_Tana likes a video. :/

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

TheGameNinja

It still does what I liked about it, but it's more of everyone and their grandma (literally) using it. I'm not trying to sound like some kind of stuck up hipster, but it really was cooler before it got popular. It really grates on my nerves when the news is talking about Twitter the way they do.

And as for Facebook, the only real problem I have is that my friggin family is on the thing. I have to watch what I post because my parents will see it! I've been thinking about making a secret account... :P

Hakudamashi

I hate Facebook cause ppl feel I will share my sarcastic 2 cents about every little activity they do in 24 hours
No, I do not care that you eat Coa Coa Puffs for lunch
No, I don't want to know the size of your cat's harballs
No I will not tell you what I thought of Blue PoPo in DBZK
No I don't wish to share with you which Sailor Scout I think is the hottest
Yes, for the last f*cking time I would like to feed a pikachu a cup of noodles if I got one

And NO I do NOT remember who you are, not now, nor did I ever b4, and I'm sure I won't remember you the next 10 5 years, where, for I KNOW you will ask me again

It's sites like these that I guess made me the douche I am now
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: xKáyáh'sCátpirèty on July 25, 2011, 03:14:12 PM
FOLLOW ME YOU BISH :U

but YouTube took over your account on Twitter and now all I see is Hoshimura_Tana likes a video. :/
What's your name. And whut?

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 25, 2011, 03:14:42 PM
secret account... :P
Like my Tana-Chan account? Lawl

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 25, 2011, 03:14:42 PM
And as for Facebook, the only real problem I have is that my friggin family is on the thing. I have to watch what I post because my parents will see it! I've been thinking about making a secret account... :P
My family knows I have a FB account, but they also know I won't invite them or accept them on it. I've straight up told them, "I don't accept family". And why would I? All they're going to do is snoop around in my business and your guy's business. No one wants that and I sure as hell don't want to be the one to unleash it upon you...Though, I have asked a few people to troll my family. :P

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

I'm going to do that. Right now. Unfriending family. If they need to talk to me, they can call me or something.

Tanassy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 25, 2011, 03:44:00 PM
I'm going to do that. Right now. Unfriending family. If they need to talk to me, they can call me or something.
Hear, hear.

Elija2

No, you are the only person in the world that finds Facebook depressing.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on July 25, 2011, 05:44:44 PM
No, you are the only person in the world that finds Facebook depressing.
I find it to be an annoying waste of Internet, but I'm not sure about "depressing"
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

xSalashawty

Quote from: Tana~ on July 25, 2011, 03:32:54 PM
What's your name. And whut?
xSalashawtyx
Quote from: Elija2 on July 25, 2011, 05:44:44 PM
No, you arent the only person in the world that finds Facebook depressing.

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.