HP Sweet Purple...JKID NEEDS A NEW LAPTOP. HELP.

Started by jkid101094, August 04, 2011, 08:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 05, 2011, 12:07:33 PM
And how much do those cost? >:I
A fuckton I assure u, but it's worth it
Also, don't get a gateway either
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 05, 2011, 12:17:31 PM
The cheapest Acer Aspire is 329.99 USD

Check out their site, its easy to use.

http://acer.us/ac/en/US/content/series/aspire

as for Sony (which are highclass computers) start at 549.99 USD

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_Notebooks
I'll try that first one. Thanks :3

Quote from: windlessusher on August 05, 2011, 12:10:50 PM
A fuckton I assure u, but it's worth it
Also, don't get a gateway either
Well, mom dosn't have a fuckton of money to spend. >.>

According to her, it needs to be under $500 and last all 4 years of college. I'd prefer the same specs and memory space Sweet Purple has...I also need to choose by tommorow. >.<

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

i'd buy an aspire at about 400 USD then.

Post Merge: August 05, 2011, 05:28:55 PM

Note that these are Prices from the Company, they might variate from Shop to Shop.

But really, if you buy an HP, you'll have this 'Powerhouse' that breaks after a half year.

Dracoslythe

I don't get all the HP hate...
HP are actually good computers...My dad's has lasted him about 4 years now, no problems.  Just customer service is shit.

I like Acer...it was what my last laptop was but the screen fucked up within a year.

Sony's the way to go if you want a GOOD computer.

shadowDOESrock

Are you buy'n the computer at walmart?

Quote from: Dracoslythe on August 05, 2011, 12:30:46 PM
HP are actually good computers...My dad's has lasted him about 4 years now, no problems.  Just customer service is shit.

I like Acer...it was what my last laptop was but the screen fucked up within a year.

10'000 Satisfied Customers < 1'000'000 Unsatisfied.

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 05, 2011, 12:32:07 PM
Are you buy'n the computer at walmart?

10'000 Satisfied Customers < 1'000'000 Unsatisfied.
We were planning on ordering from the site but the sooner it's in my hands the better...
Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 05, 2011, 12:27:17 PM
i'd buy an aspire at about 400 USD then.

Post Merge: August 05, 2011, 05:28:55 PM

Note that these are Prices from the Company, they might variate from Shop to Shop.

But really, if you buy an HP, you'll have this 'Powerhouse' that breaks after a half year.
So, this Aspire will fit my cretiria? I was really looking forward to being the cool kid with a purple lappy. :C

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Dracoslythe on August 05, 2011, 12:30:46 PM

What I'm looking for is the following;

Decent amount of RAM and memory. My last comp had 2GB of RAM and I can't recall how much memory.

A DVD drive that can burn files, music CDs and DVDs. My old one couldn't do the later.

A built in microphone that actually WORKS. That's why I wanted the built-in Webcam.

An SD card slot for homebrew.

At least 2 USB slots.

Headphone jack.

The HP I wanted fits it all and looks badass. I just want it to last... :[

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 05, 2011, 12:40:59 PM
What I'm looking for is the following;

Decent amount of RAM and memory. My last comp had 2GB of RAM and I can't recall how much memory.

A DVD drive that can burn files, music CDs and DVDs. My old one couldn't do the later.

A built in microphone that actually WORKS. That's why I wanted the built-in Webcam.

An SD card slot for homebrew.

At least 2 USB slots.

Headphone jack.

The HP I wanted fits it all and looks badass. I just want it to last... :[

you mean something like this?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-15.6-AS5742-Series-Laptop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i3-370M-Processor-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium/16935856

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 05, 2011, 12:43:44 PM
you mean something like this?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-15.6-AS5742-Series-Laptop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i3-370M-Processor-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium/16935856
That page broke my browser twice. Could someone copy/paste all the important info, please?

Also, are there colors other than those three?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 05, 2011, 12:54:37 PM

It seems as good, if not better than Sweet Purple, sans the actual color. So you guys would buy this over the other one? I guess I can too. I'm still a bit down, but many thanks, Kyo. :3

*jacks up your karma count*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

It's better than the HP, yes.  If you REALLY want, there's always skinning sites that you can make your own laptop skin for if you don't like the red, black, or brown.

jkid101094

Quote from: Dracoslythe on August 05, 2011, 01:23:52 PM
It's better than the HP, yes.  If you REALLY want, there's always skinning sites that you can make your own laptop skin for if you don't like the red, black, or brown.
How does that work? jkid wants purple. o3o

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 05, 2011, 01:27:10 PM
How does that work? jkid wants purple. o3o
I was gonna send another message, but this works...

Would you rather have the pretty purple and a shit computer, or an ugly color and a computer that actually works?  lulz.

And hold on, lemme find a few sites for you.  :3
http://www.skinit.com/devices/laptop/acer_laptop/acer_aspire  The second computer there is the one that Kyo posted.

http://www.gelaskins.com/

Pretty much you pick the skin you want (or make your own), and they mail it to you.