About the Removal of the Roms

Started by eXtremeAzure, August 06, 2011, 12:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eXtremeAzure

Now we all know this story by now.

A few days ago, TBF (TheBetaFox) reported this site to SEGA. Thus, they told John to remove the Roms off of the site. Now here we are, ROMless. But does that mean the end of the world? No, no it doesn't. Sonic ROMs had every last Sonic ROM in existence neatly arranged, and packed onto one site. Now that those are gone, it's as if all hell broke loose with some of you. A lot of you are also targeting TheBetaFox. Now I know that would he did was just plain irritating, but you shouldn't have to target it him over ABANDON WARE ROMS. These ROMs are decade ages old, and can be found on one of the MILLIONS OF ROM SITES across the Net.

C'mon, there are many, many, many choices of good sites to get these ROMs from. Let me give you a few:

http://www.emuparadise.me/

http://doperoms.com/

http://coolrom.com/

Those are just to name a few. Listen people, these games are only gone from THIS site, not the entire Worldwide Web. But chin up, the V.I.P Sonic Downloads are still up & functional, so what is there to complain about? Exactly.

Signed: Manic/Blade.
Matthew.

nazo unleashed

Quote from: Manic X-Treme~1323 on August 06, 2011, 12:20:15 PM
Now we all know this story by now.

A few days ago, TBF (TheBetaFox) reported this site to SEGA. Thus, they told John to remove the Roms off of the site. Now here we are, ROMless. But does that mean the end of the world? No, no it doesn't. Sonic ROMs had every last Sonic ROM in exsistence neatly arranged, and packed onto one site. Now that those are gone, it's as if all hell broke loose with some of you. A lot of you are also targeting TheBetaFox. Now I know that would he did was just plain irritating, but you shouldn't have to target it him over ABANDON WARE ROMS. These ROMs are decade ages old, and can be found on one of the MILLIONS OF ROM SITES across the Net.

C'mon, there are many, many, many choices of good sites to get these ROMs from. Let me give you a few:

http://www.emuparadise.me/

http://doperoms.com/

http://coolrom.com/

Those are just to name a few. Listen people, these games are only gone from THIS site, not the entire Worldwide Web. But chin up, the V.I.P Sonic Downloads are still up & functional, so what is there to complain about? Exactly.

Signed: Manic/Blade.
Matthew.

you put it in better words than i would of.

eXtremeAzure

Yes, that's the proper & respectful way to do it my friend.

Tanassy

All Sonic games were removed from the site.

In agreement, though. TheBetaFox did what he knew was right and helped to prevent piracy. Honestly having never used the games, I don't see a problem.

nazo unleashed

Quote from: Manic X-Treme~1323 on August 06, 2011, 12:23:57 PM
Yes, that's the proper & respectful way to do it my friend.

I'm not proper & respectful. i'm black 8D

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on August 06, 2011, 12:24:46 PM

In agreement, though. TheBetaFox did what he knew was right and helped to prevent piracy. Honestly having never used the games, I don't see a problem.
Now I need to copy SADX to a disc. If I ever lose my compy I can't hack it again. That's what worries me. :C

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

eXtremeAzure

Quote from: Tana~ on August 06, 2011, 12:24:46 PM

The Sonic V.I.P Games are still active, Tana. And I think Beta had his own.....reason. But either way, those ROMs were still Abandon Ware (Except the DS). And John did give credit to SEGA. But meh. Comme La Vie (Such as Life).

Post Merge: August 06, 2011, 05:42:39 PM

Quote from: nazo unleashed on August 06, 2011, 12:25:16 PM
I'm not proper & respectful. i'm black 8D
I am also Black my friend. But I still can be proper & respectful. Being a certain color is no excuse for knowing how to act in certain situations.

Tanassy

The VIP games are active. But not the Sonic ones. TheBetaFox had a perfectly good reason and I do respect it. Those games are still being sold. (mega collection, classics, gems, VC, Arcade), so they are not Abandonware if they still have a selling form.

If it was legal, Sega wouldn't be here.

eXtremeAzure

Quote from: Tana~ on August 06, 2011, 12:45:40 PM
The VIP games are active. But not the Sonic ones. TheBetaFox had a perfectly good reason and I do respect it. Those games are still beinf sold. (mega collection, classics, gems, VC, Arcade), so they are not Abandonware if they still have a selling form.
Okay, so technically their not Abandonware. But I'm telling you THE SONIC V.I.P GAMES ARE INDEED STILL ACTIVE! Check for yourself.

Tanassy

Try downloading one. I'm pretty sure John disabled them..
(I'm on my 3DS, I can't check)

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on August 06, 2011, 12:45:40 PM
The VIP games are active. But not the Sonic ones. TheBetaFox had a perfectly good reason and I do respect it. Those games are still beinf sold. (mega collection, classics, gems, VC, Arcade), so they are not Abandonware if they still have a selling form.
The only good that I see coming from this is that more people will be tempted to buy Sonic Generations now that it wont be hosted here. I'd love to see another Gens style game.

Quote from: Manic X-Treme~1323 on August 06, 2011, 12:47:12 PM
Okay, so technically their not Abandonware. But I'm telling you THE SONIC V.I.P GAMES ARE INDEED STILL ACTIVE! Check for yourself.
If this is true ignore my post.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

eXtremeAzure

I did try downloading one, and it started as it normally would have. Nothing has changed.

Tanassy

That's odd. John edited the list and everything..

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

nazo unleashed

Quote from: Manic X-Treme~1323 on August 06, 2011, 12:41:35 PM
The Sonic V.I.P Games are still active, Tana. And I think Beta had his own.....reason. But either way, those ROMs were still Abandon Ware (Except the DS). And John did give credit to SEGA. But meh. Comme La Vie (Such as Life).

Post Merge: August 06, 2011, 05:42:39 PM
I am also Black my friend. But I still can be proper & respectful. Being a certain color is no excuse for knowing how to act in certain situations.

It was a joke.