Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors *Topic will contain spoilers*

Started by Proto_Blaze, August 08, 2011, 03:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on August 14, 2011, 05:07:23 PM
So basically this is just about your preference, or lack thereof. If you read the summary in the OP you would have known it was a survival game so you knew what you were getting into.
Yes, but you still kinda encouraged me to give it a try, with the praise you gave it I thought it could change my preference on survival stories

So it's just another preference thing, eh?
Yes

But Akane never did die in the incinerator. She survived as a child my contacting future-Junpei through the morphogenetic field. But the only way this could be possible was if Junpei was in the same position that she was in. That's the whole reason she set up the Nonary Game, to make it possible for her to have been able to contact Junpei thus saving her own life.

Also you're a wuss.
It still implanted the mental image to my mind, those things you cannot unsee

Also, blow it out ur ass :P

So now you're hating the game for something it did right. Okay...
Correct, the soundtrack fitted too well, it really pushed all the reasons I hate survival survival stories

Now this complaint I don't understand. What are you mad about exactly?
I wished for either the endings to not leave such bitter feeling in my gut, or to have as many "good" endings as there were bad ones, but this would be impossible since if you get anything other than the true ending Akemi is going to die.

But every ending besides the true ending never really happened, so it doesn't matter anyway.
And as for the true ending, Junpei spends the rest of his life unsuccessfully searching for Akane. The End.
Doesn't matter to you maybe
And maybe it wouldn't matter to me either if the true ending didn't also leave me with a bitter feeling
Your ending still sucks.

Now what I don't understand is how the only reason you played this game is because it was written by the same dude who wrote Ever17, while that game was also a horror-survival story with time-travel themes.
No, I tried it out because of 2 things:
1. You were praising it, you never praise anything ever, I figured it must be worth something.
2. You claimed it was better than Higurashi no Naku koro ni
Quote from: Elija2 on August 09, 2011, 06:49:17 PM
Let's put it this way.

The person who wrote and designed 999 is Kotaro Uchikoshi, the same person who wrote Ever 17: The Out of Infinity, one of the most acclaimed visual novels of all time.

So yes, it is as good as Higurashi, if not better.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on August 14, 2011, 05:41:52 PM
I wished for either the endings to not leave such bitter feeling in my gut, or to have as many "good" endings as there were bad ones, but this would be impossible since if you get anything other than the true ending Akemi is going to die.

What would be the point of more "good" endings if they would all be rendered null due to the true ending? Isn't it more satisfying with less good endings, that way when you finally get the true ending you are happy that you were able to save everyone.

Plus, in case you didn't realize this, Akane would never die anyway. You aren't playing as Junpei, you are playing as young Akane controlling Junpei through the morphogenetic field. You should have realized this during the true ending when Junpei communicates with Akane through the morphogenetic field as Junpei's text is on the top screen and Akane's text is on the bottom screen. This is made even more obvious when you have to flip your DS upside down during the final puzzle, as it shows that it is finally Junpei himself who is solving the puzzle himself and transmitting the answer to Akane. That's why you were forced to get the safe ending before the true ending, because Akane needed information that could only be found in the safe ending to help get Junpei to the true ending. Whenever you are nearing a bad ending, Akane seemingly comes down with a fever because she is nearing an ending where she shouldn't exist. But she doesn't die, she just uses the morphogenetic field to try and send Junpei down another path. Akane never dies. Nobody ever really dies except in the true ending.

And maybe it wouldn't matter to me either if the true ending didn't also leave me with a bitter feeling

All of the good characters survive and Junpei reminisces his time with Akane, what a terrible ending.
You're just grumpy because it didn't end with Junpei marrying Akane and they all living happily ever after. The ending is still great and closes any possible plot hole.

No, I tried it out because of 2 things:
1. You were praising it, you never praise anything ever, I figured it must be worth something.
2. You claimed it was better than Higurashi no Naku koro ni

And it is better than Higurashi, you just don't like survival stories so it ruined your experience. All of your complaints have to do with your personal preference, not the game itself. You gave no good reasons as to why the game sucks, you just had a cruddy time playing it. The game is still fantastic.

Hakudamashi

I never said the game sucks, I said I hated it
Quote from: Elija2 on August 14, 2011, 06:03:40 PM
All of the good characters survive and Junpei reminisces his time with Akane, what a terrible ending.
You're just grumpy because it didn't end with Junpei marrying Akane and they all living happily ever after. The ending is still great and closes any possible plot hole.

And it is better than Higurashi, you just don't like survival stories so it ruined your experience. All of your complaints have to do with your personal preference, not the game itself. You gave no good reasons as to why the game sucks, you just had a cruddy time playing it. The game is still fantastic.
Now that you mention, I think the only reason I didn't like the true ending was cause they didn't reveal where Akane and Aoi were after they escaped
Which, looking at it now, seems like a stupid reason to not like the game, all we need to know is that they're alive somewhere and that should be good enough for everyone
Thx for helping me realize I was being stupid xo

And no, I still prefer Higurashi over this, and I still hate the game
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

You hate it because of the puzzles, not the story which is awesome.

Whatever, to each his own. I loved it.

Now play Jet Set Radio.

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on August 14, 2011, 06:24:28 PM
Now play Jet Set Radio.
Does Jet Grind Radio count?

And was it ever explained why Lotus dressed the way she did?
I mean "zero" did just suddenly crashed in on them and abduct them, but what was she doing why she was wearing..that
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on August 14, 2011, 06:53:47 PM
Does Jet Grind Radio count?

It half-counts.

Quote from: windlessusher on August 14, 2011, 06:53:47 PM
And was it ever explained why Lotus dressed the way she did?
I mean "zero" did just suddenly crashed in on them and abduct them, but what was she doing why she was wearing..that

She's a dancer, isn't she? I just assumed that as soon as she arrived home from work she was kidnapped. Same thing happened to Junpei.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on August 14, 2011, 07:01:09 PM
She's a dancer, isn't she? I just assumed that as soon as she arrived home from work she was kidnapped. Same thing happened to Junpei.
But what would a dancer be doing with mad computer hacking skillz?
Or rather, why would someone with mad computer hacking skillz be a dancer?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on August 14, 2011, 07:22:27 PM
But what would a dancer be doing with mad computer hacking skillz?
Or rather, why would someone with mad computer hacking skillz be a dancer?
That's like saying I shouldn't love singing because I'm a game designer.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Tana~ on August 14, 2011, 07:27:58 PM
That's like saying I shouldn't love singing because I'm a game designer.
I also ask because when they were in the laboratory, she said her job revolved around computers
What computer related job requires her to wear a dancer outfit. Unless it was casual friday or something...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Proto_Blaze

you realize there game developers gave answers to these questions on their site right? Like why she was dressed like that, if her boobs are natural or not... things you wanna know lol

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Proto_Blaze on August 15, 2011, 03:33:07 AM
you realize there game developers gave answers to these questions on their site right? Like why she was dressed like that, if her boobs are natural or not... things you wanna know lol
Link?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Proto_Blaze

Quote from: windlessusher on August 15, 2011, 04:15:04 PM
Wow, apparently Akane is evil
Not surprising given what she's been through
I still like her though

Everyone loves Akane lol... When you play it again knowing the truth... you notice things immediately that you would never pick up