~Star Fox 64 3D~

Started by Tanassy, August 10, 2011, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

I'm sure you guys all know by now; Star Fox 64, Lylat Wars as it was known here down under, is my all-time favorite game even today. Of course, you look at the concepts of some of these games, and you really see what the downsides to old technology was. Alot of us hate remakes, i know. In fact, I generally despise them. But the recent OoT release perfectly complimented said game AND the original concept, and the 3DS shows promise for this such title too...

Ah, those logos..

back when 3D technology was new, gaming companies were always searching for new ways to make it even better than the 2D games that saturated the maket for so, so long. We take 3D technology for granted so much nowadays, we kind of forget what it was like back then. Star Fox 64 had people thinking they were really immersed in this spectacular 3D world, and you can tell just how polished the game is- it looked fantastic and you have to admit it still does.
Not to mention when voice acting was still new, that in iself is one of the best examples of Voice acting around. :3 And it's cries are still heard to this day. (inb4"doabarrelroll")

I never met a person who didn't like this game.

Obviously, the further titles in this franchise did nothing to compliment the two titles that became first. In fact, they were pretty catastrophic. This game literally SCREAMED for a remake, and it's popularity is what will ultimately determine the future for Star Fox.

The reason i have created this thread, well, the two reasons- are that 1) The Japanese version is already out, and so that means plenty of screenshots and 2) Well, the release dates have been confirmed, and I'm just sooo psyched.

This is too much pretty for one gal to handle.

Here's a rundown of what to expect from this game.

Notable features that weren't mentioned are Score attack mode (Can't remember the actual name) which allows you to return to any planet for a high score, and the ability to save your game, rather than having to restart every time the game is booted.

So personally, i am very, very excited. And i can tell alot of others are too. Do i see any Star Fox fans on the forum~?

Anyway, I'll leave you.. with a map comparison. :3

shadowDOESrock

You should make one topic for every HD Re-Release.

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

Why not make a sequel instead of a remake?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on August 11, 2011, 11:57:41 AM
Why not make a sequel instead of a remake?
'Cause it's cheaper that way.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Star Fox 64 is a remake of Star Fox 2 anyways.... kinda... not really... about 40% of Star Fox 2 is in there

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 11, 2011, 03:33:59 PM
Star Fox 64 is a remake of Star Fox 2 anyways.... kinda... not really... about 40% of Star Fox 2 is in there
But Star Fox 2 was (Strangely), never released.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 11, 2011, 03:31:10 PM
'Cause it's cheaper that way.
I don't follow
You mean it costs money to come up with something more original?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on August 11, 2011, 06:07:25 PM
I don't follow
You mean it costs money to come up with something more original?
Does refilling your cup cost more than the initial cup and drink?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 11, 2011, 06:14:57 PM
Does refilling your cup cost more than the initial cup and drink?
Not if your filling it with something free n' infinite like imagination
Or does imagination cost money too?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on August 11, 2011, 06:21:09 PM
Not if your filling it with something free n' infinite like imagination
Or does imagination cost money too?
Story writers, programmers, graphic designers and everything else costs money.

So yes. Imagination is one of the most expensive things you can pay for. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Actually it wasn't because it's cheaper. And also, it's not that much cheaper.

The game is completely reworked, even the voice acting is redone (The same actors mostly too) and well, the only fairly unchanged aspect is the engine.

The reason it was remade was because it would be amazing in 3D, it's so popular, a classic, and because the creators still don't know whether they want to make a new game due to the poor quality of past games.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Tana~ on August 11, 2011, 06:27:01 PM
Actually it wasn't because it's cheaper. And also, it's not that much cheaper.

The game is completely reworked, even the voice acting is redone (The same actors mostly too) and well, the only fairly unchanged aspect is the engine.

The reason it was remade was because it would be amazing in 3D, it's so popular, a classic, and because the creators still don't know whether they want to make a new game due to the poor quality of past games.
Besides Star Fox Adventures, which Starfox game has been of poor quality?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on August 11, 2011, 07:09:38 PM
Besides Star Fox Adventures, which Starfox game has been of poor quality?
StarFox adventures was horrible.

StarFox assault was good, but unpolished and short.

StarFox Command was repetetive and not very popular.

shadowDOESrock

because people keep buying the exact game... again & again...

prime example; Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.