Main Menu

WTF Sony?

Started by Hakudamashi, October 05, 2011, 12:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Instead of putting backwards compatibility for PS2 games on ur PS3, u instead decide to put only a selected few of games I've never heard of, or hated on PSN, where I would have to re-purchase them If I owned them already, and it's a straight port, meaning no upscaling, no trophy support, nothing...
I swear if my PS2 wasn't working I would make some sort of cumbustible lemon weapon mod to burn your house down with the lemons life has given me >=U

Therefore, if I want to play PS2 on my PS3, I'm gonna have re-purchase my entire PS2 library, where each will cost well over $20, that is of course if they upload my library, I'm very unimpressed with the games they've announced thus far >.>
Well my PS2 does work, so it doesn't affect me as much, but still, wtf?
You barely have any apps on the damn console, what's stopping you?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Did you expect them to give you the games you already owned for free?
And I'd say they announced some pretty good games so far. You don't like Odin Sphere or God Hand?

This offer isn't for people who already own a bunch of PS2 games and just want to play them on their PS3, it's for people who missed out on these games and want a chance to play them for a relatively cheap price, hence why the games they announced are generally underrated games and not popular heavy hitters. Boo hoo there's no trophies, suck it up.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on October 05, 2011, 01:30:19 PM
God Hand?
Waitwut? They're reselling that? O.o

That game is just off the wall.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Did you expect them to give you the games you already owned for free?
Nope, just wanted backwards compatibility, open a PS2 section on the store for those who can't get certain PS2 games sure, but I can't help but feel a little cheated...
And I'd say they announced some pretty good games so far. You don't like Odin Sphere or God Hand?
Didn't seem all that great to me,something like Xenosaga on the other hand... And I own God Hand, never heard of Odin Sphere, should probably research it.
This offer isn't for people who already own a bunch of PS2 games and just want to play them on their PS3, it's for people who missed out on these games and want a chance to play them for a relatively cheap price, hence why the games they announced are generally underrated games and not popular heavy hitters.
I would've welcomed it with open arms if backwards compatibility was already in the thing, I mean the older models had it, why drop it?
Boo hoo there's no trophies, suck it up.
Don't give a sh*t about trophies myself, just mentioning the first 2 things that they won't have that came to mind.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

I have an actual copy of Odin Sphere. I haven't played it yet, but the art is gorgeous.

I've got GrimGrimoire too and that's on PSN now as well. Its a great game.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 05, 2011, 02:25:03 PM
I have an actual copy of Odin Sphere. I haven't played it yet, but the art is gorgeous.

Anime chicks in a platformer? I'm already sold.

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 05, 2011, 02:25:03 PM
I've got GrimGrimoire too and that's on PSN now as well. Its a great game.

Lillet kinda sounds like Selphy.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

a title that says WTF Sony? it's a good thing dont i miss rare moments like these.

shadowDOESrock

Backwards compatibilitys too expensive on a too expensive system. (for producation at sonys)
duh.

Also, just play yer PS2 Games on yer PS2.

SmashFinale

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on October 06, 2011, 07:54:31 AM
Sometimes people would like to trade in their systems so they can purchase the newer systems for a lower price.

Proto_Blaze

My PS3 is an original... in other words it can play PS2 games :-D

Tanassy

Backwards compatibilitys too expensive on a too expensive system. (for producation at sonys)
duh.

That and that.

Also, trading in a console is silly. You get like, nothing for it.

SmashFinale

it brings down the price of the console that you are purchasing. They did that for my GBA SP when i bought my DS Lite.

Hakudamashi

That's all I needed to hear
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

I can see the rationalization for trading in games, but not a system. I would never even think of trading in a system. I was all emotional about my games on that other thread, and yeah I'm sentimental about my systems too, but this is a matter of practicality. Trading in a system will render any games for it useless. If you trade in your PS2 for anything other than a launch PS3, you've lost the entire PS2 game library. Same for any other system that isn't backwards compatible (or fully b.c., in the 360's case).

Hakudamashi

Like trading in mah DS for a 3DS
Which still isn't worth the money I spent on it
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay