Sonic to Reboot for 2012 and Beyond, Says SEGA

Started by Gilly, November 06, 2011, 08:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

SuperSonic23

Anyone remember the scene where Knuckles was owned by Amy in Generations? Rofl

Moving on, I think Sonic should stay the same. We don't want more pissed off fanboys. Also, Generations is my second favorite Sonic game of all time, next to Sonic 2.
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

Supersonic196

Quote from: SuperSonic14 on April 21, 2012, 05:04:16 PM
Anyone remember the scene where Knuckles was owned by Amy in Generations?
Yes.

I don't find Sonic's wacky antics amusing. At all. I sincerely hope that this reboot entails some better writing.

TheGameNinja

The reboot should be just that: a reboot. Not a reset. Sonic should change. At least somewhat. Everything should change to some degree. Some shouldn't change too much, like Sonic. Sonic should still be basically the same. Otherwise SEGA might as well just start a new franchise instead of rebooting Sonic's. But Sonic should still change in some ways. Other things will change drastically. The setting, the tone, anything like that could end up unrecognizable from the current canon. But what should not happen is just a reset. Just starting back from square one with the same exact everything would be wasted effort.

shadowDOESrock

I would like to see a sense of freedom from SA & 06... and Unleashed somewhat.
Just with the fun playhouse gameplay from the stages.

Supersonic196

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 21, 2012, 06:10:41 PM
The reboot should be just that: a reboot. Not a reset. Sonic should change. At least somewhat. Everything should change to some degree. Some shouldn't change too much, like Sonic. Sonic should still be basically the same. Otherwise SEGA might as well just start a new franchise instead of rebooting Sonic's. But Sonic should still change in some ways. Other things will change drastically. The setting, the tone, anything like that could end up unrecognizable from the current canon. But what should not happen is just a reset. Just starting back from square one with the same exact everything would be wasted effort.
I can't take you seriously with that avatar x3

EchidnaPower

I think the rant video I posted about Knuckles applies here too. All the other characters have been made nothing more than support characters who make no actual impact on any plot. Even Tails has suffered from this point of view, as he's been made completely weak and incapable of defending himself, which we all know is not the case.

SEGA will get it right, when, believe it or not ladies and gentlemen...they take some focus OFF of Sonic, and start making the other characters important again! Sonic "purists" or whatever, don't even want SEGA to make new games, they just wanna hate on everything SEGA does, even when SEGA does what they ask.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Jazz Nova

Quote from: EchidnaPower on April 22, 2012, 12:55:34 AM
All the other characters have been made nothing more than support characters who make no actual impact on any plot. Even Tails has suffered from this point of view, as he's been made completely weak and incapable of defending himself, which we all know is not the case.
I agree with this.
It'd be nice if more people gave a shit about characters other than Sonic.
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Hakudamashi

Does SEGA wonder why Blaze was such a well received character, but everyone else get's the hate?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 22, 2012, 05:48:37 AM
Does SEGA wonder why Blaze was such a well received character, but everyone else get's the hate?
Because furries like circle jerking to her?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on April 22, 2012, 05:48:37 AM
Blaze didn't subtract from gameplay, she was essentially a female Sonic.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 22, 2012, 07:52:25 AM
Blaze didn't subtract from gameplay, she was essentially a female Sonic.
And even though they made her MUCH slower than Sonic, she had other things to make up for it, like her hover ability and her forward air trick after a ramp/spring that launchers her far, and some other differences
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 22, 2012, 07:57:22 AM
And even though they made her MUCH slower than Sonic, she had other things to make up for it, like her hover ability and her forward air trick after a ramp/spring that launchers her far, and some other differences

she was just as fast though in Rush / Rush Adventure - in 06 only in the 'speed' sections sonic was faster.

Tanassy

In Rush, Blaze was always a tad slower... You can tell especially when you play Multiplayer.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 22, 2012, 09:14:24 PM
In Rush, Blaze was always a tad slower... You can tell especially when you play Multiplayer.
A tad? It was really noticeable for me ._.
But it didn't matter cause she had a bunch of other moves to make up for it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay