PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale/Smash Bros Clone for Sony

Started by SmashFinale, December 25, 2011, 05:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 22, 2012, 05:38:30 PM
What urks me the most is that LBPK has it. You know, a game that basically REVOLVES around the online multiplayer. I guess I get what they're going for but it's really stupid that I can't access all the features before I decide that I want to buy the game. That's what renting has always been to me.
Especially if I wanna lend it to my friend for the weekend, now I gotta lend him $10 too so he won't think the game's lame with it's 2 hour single player >_>
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

...turns out this game is a huge flop.
and Little Big Planet Karting too.

Who knew.
I did.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 30, 2012, 05:57:19 PM

Who knew.
I did.
Well I saw All Stars becoming a major flop. People can't get over the fact that Smash isn't the only game like that.
I wanted LBPK to be bigger than it was, but I can see why it flopped.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

SmashFinale

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 30, 2012, 10:31:43 PM
I didn't even realise it came out

Good job Sony.
I have seen commercials for this game... on one channel only because Robot Chicken decided to do a bump about it.
And do you mean flop as in sales or flop as in critical reception?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 30, 2012, 05:57:19 PM

Who knew.
I did.
And Starhawk, and Killzone, there's a bunch of Sony exclusives that end up as a major flop, this is nothing new.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Also, what the f*cks with more than 2 third party characters?
They didn't even touch the Syphon Filter franchise, or Croc, or any of the MANY PSone RPG heroes.
Why not Rau or Tati from Rise of the Kasai? The cast of Ehergeiz or however you spell it, the motherf*cking Jersey Devil

Hell, even throw in Jet Li as a joke since his game Rise to Honor was a PS2 exclusive...I think.

The guy from GOD HAND, Odin Sphere, there were soo many Sony exclusive stuff they could've chosen, but noooooo, we got not-Dante, Raiden, and a Big Daddy...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on December 04, 2012, 02:05:24 PM
Also, what the f*cks with more than 2 third party characters?
They didn't even touch the Syphon Filter franchise, or Croc, or any of the MANY PSone RPG heroes.
Why not Rau or Tati from Rise of the Kasai? The cast of Ehergeiz or however you spell it, the motherf*cking Jersey Devil

Hell, even throw in Jet Li as a joke since his game Rise to Honor was a PS2 exclusive...I think.

The guy from GOD HAND, Odin Sphere, there were soo many Sony exclusive stuff they could've chosen, but noooooo, we got not-Dante, Raiden, and a Big Daddy...
Not to mention they couldn't get Crash or Spyro. I want to keep mentioning how much Crash and Spyro need to be in the game. I dont even care if it's Titan Crash or Skylanders Spyro, they just need to be in this game!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on December 07, 2012, 11:21:19 PM
Not to mention they couldn't get Crash or Spyro. I want to keep mentioning how much Crash and Spyro need to be in the game. I dont even care if it's Titan Crash or Skylanders Spyro, they just need to be in this game!
Crash and Spyro are Activision related problems, I already lost hope, but, to my knowledge, all those that I mentioned don't have 3rd party problems
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

They wanted characters that everyone knows and can relate to.

Which is one reason why this didnt work out.
Yeah, Sony has alot of IP's - but how many of those are actually well known?

Most of the characters people relate to Sony are third-party.
Microsoft actually also would be able to grab like 15 to 20 Characters for a game like this and they'd have the same issue.
How many of Microsofts IP's are actually well known? And alot of Games people relate to the Xbox are third-party.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 08, 2012, 07:13:45 AM
They wanted characters that everyone knows and can relate to.

Which is one reason why this didnt work out.
Yeah, Sony has alot of IP's - but how many of those are actually well known?

Most of the characters people relate to Sony are third-party.
Microsoft actually also would be able to grab like 15 to 20 Characters for a game like this and they'd have the same issue.
How many of Microsofts IP's are actually well known? And alot of Games people relate to the Xbox are third-party.
Because unlike Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft don't know how to advertise their stuff beyond the overhyped...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on December 08, 2012, 07:40:19 AM
Because unlike Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft don't know how to advertise their stuff beyond the overhyped...

That isnt it, its that the characters dont have iconic designs, nothing that makes them stand out.

Everyone knows how Mario, Samus, Star Fox look like. They all look special. Everyone knows them, even not having played any title.

But now, example - someone just buys a PS3 and was Xbox or Nintendo Gamer before and sees the characters in this game;

Hey look, generic dude Hey look, generic dude Hey look, generic dude
Hey look, generic dudeHey look, generic dude   Hey look, generic dude

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on December 08, 2012, 05:30:20 PM

Just to give a few.

These would have been way better choices, though i've never seen any of those.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 08, 2012, 05:34:09 PM
These would have been way better choices, though i've never seen any of those.

Only long time Sony fans like me would even know who the hell some of these guys are, so I thought a game that was all about the Sony fans would bring these guys and many more back into the spotlight, but clearly I was stupid for believing that...

I sh*t you not when I say Sony has... or had, just as many colourful characters as Nintendo does.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay